Random Shenmue Thoughts

The game awards are asking which is the first game you think about when you see a dreamcast!

You know what to do?!

I've started a blog breaking down the fighting moves from Shenmue and how they work in real life. Pardon the lame pun, I didn't know what to name the blog and that's all I could think of.

Shenmueve Review
What a great idea! And you started with one of my favourite moves too. Can't wait to read more!

Anyone know if the total number of 950 Shenmue I & II Pix 'n Love copies applies to both the PS4 and Xbox One editions, or just PS4? I only have one open PS4 copy, and then my sealed PS4/Xbox One copies, and won't be opening them...

Beta version of QTE fight and Neo Darts:

If my eyes don’t deceive me is that Caiming Xu in the QTE fight along with Terry model appearing in there?

CaimingXu.jpg

I remember in the What’s Shenmue VHS tape Caiming model is shown even though he only appeared in Shenmue 2 in final version. The games development never fails to intrigue me.

If my eyes don’t deceive me is that Caiming Xu in the QTE fight along with Terry model appearing in there?

CaimingXu.jpg

I remember in the What’s Shenmue VHS tape Caiming model is shown even though he only appeared in Shenmue 2 in final version. The games development never fails to intrigue me.
What's also interesting is that the entire dialogue/context of that QTE sequence seems to be completely different from the final game! If you look at the subtitles, Ryo appears to be asking them if they have information about a boat? In the final its just the sailors luring him into a trap after attacking Goro ('You guys again, what's your problem?')

I know this is out of the realm of possibilities but I would actually prefer if Yu and team emulated the Dreamcast system and released the remaining chapters that way. I like Shenmue 3 and the unreal engine. I just had more fun revisiting Shenmue 1&2.

Between Unreal Engine and Dreamcast engine, I choose the vid at the head page. Shenmue in 2D looks incredibly charming. Imagine the gameplay possibilities minus the constrains: dialogues, secret events, interactivity. Shenmue is already some point&click in its core. Theoretically, the game would feel less clunky and incomplete than Shenmue 3. The 2D artists might cost as much as the 3D ones though, depending of the ambition in the art department.

I pretty much never dream about games, but last night I had a really weird dream about replaying Shenmue 2 that involved Ryo railgrinding like Sonic, running away from an instakill ghost girl, and some giant monster that I can't really remember the details of. All in the slums of Hong Kong. It was sweet and I kept thinking "wow I didn't remember S2 being this crazy". Also I could only save the game by going into public bathrooms and looking at this glowing blue tube thing. If I saved when the ghost girl was nearby, I was basically fucked and would have to start a new game file.

Not sure what the hell that means.

Back