General RGG Discussion

Releasing November 2020.

Revealed exclusively as part of IGN's coverage of Comic-Con@Home, the game will arrive in November 2020 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC (via Windows Store and Steam). It will be released as a launch title for Xbox Series X this Holiday, and the PS5 version will "release at a later date".

Pre-order content:
1595429763244.png
1595429777199.png

$60 Price point.

So it’s coming this holiday? No specific release date? Probably gonna get on ps4 and stick with Japanese dub if I can. Couldn’t get used to the English in Judgement.

So Microsoft paid Sega to release a enhanced version on Xbox Series X first,
or they paid to delay a enhanced version for PS5.
Pretty weird considering the Yakuza hype (with 0 and 1) came with Playstation
and all of the studio games until now were timed PS4 exclusives.
From what I understand: Covid situation has been hard on SEGA and MS have a dedicated team of engineers that are doing some of the heavy lifting in supporting devs atm for porting the Series X versions. Otherwise it was likely going to end up in the same boat.

Lots coming out that month. Going to be intense.

Last edited:
So that means by choosing that language option, the guest characters from the old games will have english voices too right.
Thats going to be very weird

So that means by choosing that language option, the guest characters from the old games will have english voices too right.
Thats going to be very weird

Yeah I guess. On the bright side nothing can be as rough as the original dub on PS2 lol. I never enjoyed that dub personally, even ironically or nostalgically lol

See people in the comments wanting Mark Hamill to voice Majima again. Not exactly sure how realistic of an expectation that is.

For anyone who has played through the Japanese version already, would it be a spoiler to say how involved these guest characters are in the story? I wouldn’t think they’d really have to get new lines recorded if they can just reuse old grunts and the like.

See people in the comments wanting Mark Hamill to voice Majima again. Not exactly sure how realistic of an expectation that is.

For anyone who has played through the Japanese version already, would it be a spoiler to say how involved these guest characters are in the story? I wouldn’t think they’d really have to get new lines recorded if they can just reuse old grunts and the like.

100% will need to re-record lines.

Like... big time lol.

If they did that, I would definitely be a proponent to get Darryl Kurlyo back; he was great as Kiryu, IMO.

Last edited:
November 13th according to the AU PSN store. Just whacked down a pre order. I’ll gladly play and platinum this game again :D

Also, considering the confirmation of the English dub and all, I wonder, who will be the English voice of Kiryu? And will Mark Hamil return as Majima ;)

Seriously, I wouldn’t mind if Hamil did return. I didn’t mind his Majima in the original game. Sure, it was a riff on his Joker voice but I thought it worked.

I don’t know about George Takai though. Interesting choice for Arakawa

Not a big fan of this stuff
Only one physical edition, only pre orders get the classic costumes.
And the digital only version with all the bonuses costs 30 USD / € more than the physical version.
Does that mean that they are really going to sell DLC for 30 USD /€ separately?
Thats more expensive than a typical season pass. Maybe it will be even more if NG+ and hard mode are not included

EdjctK3VoAA-ZvV

Last edited:
Is it true that 7 spoils some deaths that happen in 3 - 5? I just read that in a Steam thread where we're all crying over no PC port of 3 - 5.

3, no. 4, no. 5, yes.

6, yes

Considering Fist of the North Star and Judgment, which had decent dubs, I welcome a dub for 7. Though I have NEVER been an XBox gamer, I like how it helps the brand internationally.

I'd like to know how things will be translated. The summoning system is called "delivery help," (or デリバリーヘルプ in Japanese), which is a pun on "delivery health," (or デリバリーヘルス) a form of semi-legalized prostitution. Considering these things are non-existent in English, I wonder if it will remain as it is, or changed to something else.

There are also some really interesting conversations in the Japanese version that are going to be difficult and I'd like to see how the localization team pulled them off.

6, yes

Considering Fist of the North Star and Judgment, which had decent dubs, I welcome a dub for 7. Though I have NEVER been an XBox gamer, I like how it helps the brand internationally.

I'd like to know how things will be translated. The summoning system is called "delivery help," (or デリバリーヘルプ in Japanese), which is a pun on "delivery health," (or デリバリーヘルス) a form of semi-legalized prostitution. Considering these things are non-existent in English, I wonder if it will remain as it is, or changed to something else.

There are also some really interesting conversations in the Japanese version that are going to be difficult and I'd like to see how the localization team pulled them off.

He never mentioned 6 ;)

Back