Shenmue Pictures You Can Hear

EotyWV3.png

lpshen_02_02.jpg

I'll add Shenmue II pictures at a later date. There's so many pictures I could've chosen but I feel like this is the one that started it all really for Ryo. Just a couple days after Iwaos murder he has a nightmare about it which is only natural. Though this also signifies the driving force of the game and the franchise moving forward. Lan di is the be all end all for Ryo and at all costs he must avenge his dad's murder. It haunts Ryo and the nightmare won't stop til Lan Di is no more.

hqdefault (1).jpg

The meditation photo. Just a truly wonderful scene without any words being said. Ryo thinking about his father. Also reinforcing why he's on this path to begin with. Which is the love for his father. Simply beautiful. Yu showing he's a master of storytelling without any words being spoken.

hqdefault.jpg
after Ryo goes through everything to get to Terry and defeat him. He sees no way for the journey to continue but his buddy Gui Zhang gives him hope to continue. Also the dawn light gives it an extra magical touch. This has always been a terrific example of the beauty of Shenmue to me.

hqdefault-1.jpg
This is by far still my favorite ending of any medium ever. Nothing has ever came close to this ending scene for me. Just the way that the last person he thinks of is Nozomi. How he sorta smiles before boarding the ship. The "I wish we had more time." line before walking away is worth the price of admission alone. Truly magnificent.

maxresdefault-1.jpg

I could have picked so many pictures for this last one: the park conversation with Nozomi, the ride back home with her on the motorcycle. Any with the kitten, forklift, the awesome "what is goro your girlfriend qte battle" or just any free battle ones in general. This letter and the accompanying music has always stuck with me. It's about Ryo becoming his own man and following through with whatever he does in life. So touching.

Back