General RGG Discussion

I can attest to the chicken being very useful.

I save scummed the quizzes as much as I could lol. Seems they’re not always the same questions but most only have 6 or 7. I didn’t realize it effected the management. Just been trying to max out each of the personality traits, Only got a few left but I’m left trying to do some of the challenge point stuff and going back to grinding the can game.

Yeah, I can imagine that wasn’t fun...that’s the reason I haven’t got the platinum for the Japanese version of Deadly Premonition lol

Well, today I made some progress. Initially I’d only been going through the first floor of the re-doable dungeon in Ijincho, but eventually I got the stones to try the rest and while it was a struggle, I somehow managed and got a bunch of levels and ranks for it. The weird high defense hobos really helped(mostly using the Bullet of Honor skill, forget which job earns it but it can actually get crits on these guys). There was one thing that unfortunately didn’t respawn going on a few more times but I don’t want to ruin it for everyone who hasn’t gone all the way through yet.

So everyone is at level 38 now, may go until 40 or until I get to rank 30 on a couple jobs each for everyone. Also got a ton of upgrade materials and got a lot of weapons up there, but some of these things I need just don’t seem attainable yet.

In doing some other challenges, I was kinda disappointed in how watered down the hostess stuff is. That and trying to date these other girls around town with tons of flowers and high traits yielding nothing in return...I don’t really get the point of it. Especially compared to how Kiryu could date a few back in 3.

Man...I’m really disliking the baseball minigame, mostly due to how it relies much more on memorization than actual skill. Decided to forgo most of it and just try to grind the expert homerun challenge since it gives the most. Managed to S rank it with both the easy and normal bats but no way is using the red one worthwhile.

I’m not sure if I hit a glitch or something loading up my file today, but now Ichiban is in his job costume when I start up the challenge. Or is this just for playing it so much? Not sure.

I was just thinking the same thing about the baseball mini game! I’ve barely been able to hit anything, and I actually had to read the instructions about the mechanics. Then I went online to see if I was missing something and it really is all about memorizing the pitch patterns. Bullshit.

I made little sticky notes like Ball 1 very fast bottom right, Ball 2 slow middle, Ball 3 fast middle left ...
i dont even try it the first time, i just write down the correct squares.
If you already know in which square the ball will land before the throw even started its pretty easy.
Ignore the 3D baseball, just put the icon in the right square and look at the closing circle

I actually like the memorization; it was the same thing for all the previous games too, btw, just not with the boxes like they have now ;)

I vaguely remember trying it once in 3 or 4 and never doing it again so that’s probably why lol. But I’m glad to seemingly have it done for now. The golfing was more fun, but I still have one more item to get from the advanced course and I don’t think I’m good enough to do it. I did the can minigame last night to just grind out a few more mags to up kindness and charisma, and it’s a fun game but being tired enough even it got frustrating towards the end where it’s a real pain to ever back up and turn around and making sharp turns is a pain to begin with.

Good news is I might finally continue the main story today. :p

I actually like the memorization; it was the same thing for all the previous games too, btw, just not with the boxes like they have now ;)
Damn, you’re right. The mechanics basically are the same. I just remember being able to play the baseball mini game with my eyes closed in the previous games. Something about the timing or rhythm made it easy.

I will say; after cleaning clocks in the first Yakuza (which only threw straight fastballs at you, just at varying speeds), regardless of what level of batting it was, I was in for a MAJOR surprise when I sucked ass at batting in Yakuza 2 (talking the originals, not the Kiwamis), so I know how you feel :'(

I agree, I think he’s pretty good and fits his sometimes goofy and hot headed character and also makes him seem more sincere.

I don’t want to bash the English cast, they are talented for sure, but aside from Nanba and Adachi and maybe Saeko(from what I’ve heard) I just don’t match up the rest in my head very well. There’s a few characters later on I’ve accidentally stumbled upon on YouTube unfortunately but don’t want to spoil anyone else, and I think I’ll stick with the Japanese voices. There’s one that just sounds really wrong, even if they are technically returning.

I'm still in chapter 5 :p I leveled up Eri a bit.
I'm kind of in a psychological struggle right now because i have a confirmed PS5 order,
delivery 14-24 of december. I know that it makes no real difference because there is no real Y7 PS5 version at the moment
but i guess it would be nice to experience a brand new yakuza game on this brand new console.
So i'm like yes i want to keep playing but i also dont want to play right now.
I dont know

A game in the Kenzan / Ishin century, with the Ishin details but in the new engine, maybe even optimized for next gen
(not just 4K 60 fps but with new lighting and textures) would be awesome.
RPG turn based tactical combat with swords, maybe with little QTE scenes for parrying or counters - awesome.

But i dont know if its a realistic scenario. Sega always seemed to be afraid that these type of spin off games
would flop in the west. So would they really do this Like a Dragon series reboot kind of thing
with all this effort to release it worldwide in dozens of languages
and then do a samurai type of spin off game next?
Seems a bit too bold. Or it will be another asian region release only.

Yeah, that’s true, just couldn’t help but picture them in different roles in the samurai era lol. Maybe not now but one day down the road. At the very least maybe we won’t get another zombie game. :p

I think it would work totally fine. They can still have different kind of jobs / classes,
exactly like there are different classes in the Ghost of Tsushima online coop mode
or like you can do different playstyles in games like Nioh.
(samurai with light and heavy armor + light and heavy weapons, ronin with very light armor and fast weapons,
monk, onmyo mage, shinobi, geisha, archer, courtesan ...)
That shouldnt be a problem at all. Its probably even easier because
they could use way more weapon types, clothing and things that dont exist anymore today.
I would preorder it immediately

Speaking of new consoles, I wonder what the likelihood is of them making a new Kenzan/Ishin type game is with the new cast.

Doubt it.

What you guys have been suggesting (making a medieval spinoff that has Ichiban as protagonist and using swords/weapons of past times, in a turn-based setting), I think is definitely going to be something they are looking into; I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Maybe make it about Nobunaga/Hideyoshi, specifically.

Back