Post Your Gaming Soundtracks/Vinyls/etc

BruceWayne911

Arm Break Fire (➡️⬅️⬅️ 👐)
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Video games have some of the best music ever. I've recently started collecting gaming vinyls and cds. Post your recent purchases or your collection.

Streets of Rage Vinyl
Streets of Rage 2 Vinyl
Streets of Rage 3 Vinyl
Sonic Mania Vinyl
Alien Solider Vinyl
Galaxy Force 2 Vinyl
Golden Axe 1&2 Vinyl
Shinobi 3 Vinyl

20201009_225143.jpg

20201009_225321.jpg

20201009_225512.jpg

They're out in the Shed at the moment. Hopefully I can unpack them this week now that I've cleared some of my brothers stuff.

But I'll list off my gaming vinyl.

- The Last Guardian Soundtrack
- Shadow of the Colossus Soundtrack
- Persona 5 Soundtrack
- Streets of Rage 2 Soundtrack
- Space Harrier Soundtrack
- Shenmue Soundtrack
- Resident Evil 2 Soundtrack
- Final Fantasy VIII Soundtrack

CD/MP3/FLAC wise? Wouldn't have a clue anymore. I have so many soundtracks on that HDD that I honestly couldn't list them off top of head.

Notable ones though

- Persona 4 Soundtrack (CD)
- Persona 5 Soundtrack (CD)
- Shenmue Soundtrack (CD)
- Shenmue 1 and 2 Soundtrack that came with that Japanese copy of S1 and 2 (CD)
- Catherine Soundtrack (CD)
- Jet Set Radio Soundtrack (CD)
- Jet Set Radio Future Soundtrack (CD)
- Final Fantasy VIII Soundtrack (CD)
- Virtua Fighter 2 Soundtrack (CD)
- Mortal Kombat 2 Soundtrack (CD)

And so on...

I'm actually getting a TON of Final Fantasy Vinyls this month as S-E are Re-Issuing some on their siteFFCOLEXTRA4.JPG
I was delighted to get the Final Fantasy VIII Picture Disc Vinyl on it's original release - Missed out on VII but that is one of the ones I've ordered for this month.

So far I have:

- Distant Worlds I , II, III, IV (2x)
- Final Fantasy VII Remake/Original Set
- Final Fantasy VIII Picture Disc Soundtrack
- Metal Gear Solid Mondo Release (2x)
- Nier/Automata 4 LP Set
- 3x Shenmue Data Disc Soundtrack - Can't even remeber what colours, the one I've opened is plain blue!
- Silent Hill 2 Mondo 2-LP Release
- Sonic Adventure - Couldn't resist this :p

Incoming This Month:
- 2X FInal Fantasy VII Picture Disc Soundtrack
- 1x FInal Fantasy VIII Picture Disc Soundtrack
- 2x Final Fantasy XIII Single Vinyl
- 1x Nier/Automata 4LP Set
- 3x Shenmue II Data Disc Vinyls (2 Green & 1 Green/Orange

I also have many CD's most of them are Final Fantasy:
FFBUN2019.jpg
- Final Fantasy OST - VII, VIII, IX, X, XII, XIII, XIII-2, XIII-3: LR, World of Final Fantasy
- FFVIII Piano Collections - Fake, but still happy with it
- Distant Worlds V (Got this when I went to see them Live in London!)
- Nier OST - Probably my Favourite OST Ever!
- Lost Odyssey OST
- Shenmue OST - Fake but still double discs
- Shenmue OST from Japanese SE
- Shenmue Orchestra - Sadly a fake aswell but decent enough.

Think that's everything.

I wanted the Sonic Mania vinyl but could not justify the spend. Did come across this website selling it and when I clicked the home page it just happened to show Shenmue. Anyone heard of this website before?

I'm not technically minded, so I had to take the photo on my phone, log in on my phone, then go on my laptop! So, I was shocked to see how much I had (I would say I have 80% on display here), which might explain why i'm still living with my parents and don't have a house (not long to go though as i've been saving for over 10 years haha!)

So some of this stuff might be familiar to a lot of you, but I would say they are almost all SEGA soundtracks with the exception of stuff like Final Fantasy, NieR Automata, D2 etc. I have over 50 Sonic soundtracks and am happy that many of them are autographed by people like Jun Senoue (who i've met so often, he knows me by sight! I used to be an administrator for his official fansite), Johnny Gioeli, Ted Poley, etc. The Victory Goal '96 one means a lot to me as it was an early-Senoue soundtrack and when I met him in 2010, he said he couldn't believe anyone in the UK would own such a CD!

There are a lot of Sonic compilations from Europe containing 90's Euro-dance music. They are a lot of fun, even if they aren't official Sonic game soundtracks. I think i'm missing about 7 or 8 Sonic soundtracks for a 100% complete collection.

20201010_202938.jpg

20201010_203901.jpg

Some of the most expensive CD's i've ever bought...
20201010_204138.jpg

I have every single DATA Discs record with the exception of Okami. I have the limited edition Sonic Adventure vinyl boxset, but thought these were more fun to show :) You might see the SOR4 soundtrack in the top left hand side too.

20201010_204554.jpg
The ones below are cheesy as fuck, but I thought they should count. You might know Right Said Fred by this song ;)

20201010_204626.jpg
I can't get it right, but I forgot to add these too!

20201010_203837.jpg

I also have an autographed copy of the Final Fantasy VII Remake soundtrack (signed by Nobuo Uematsu!!) coming any day now :D

EDIT - Sorry, please ignore. I wanted to say @Vivi-gamer your record player is sexy as hell and am mega jealous as all I have is a crappy £50 job from HMV!

Thanks :) I had a simple £40 BUSH player when starting but when I moved into my own place I thought I'd upgrade it. It's a commonly recommended player & more reasonably priced than many higher-end set-ups. I'm pretty happy with it :)

Also very impressive Sonic CD Collection - Never heard of many of them, genuinely interesting to see. Sonic Adventure has always been my favouirte with tracks like this:

I used to just leave this on my Dreamcast in the background at times :p

Last edited:
Unfortunately I’ve got my cds packed away so I can’t take any pictures, but I believe this is everything:

Drag-on Dragoon
Drag-on Dragoon 3
Nier
Nier 15 nightmares and arrange tracks
Nier piano collection
Nier tribute album -echo-
Nier Automata
Okami
To far away times (Chrono Trigger/Cross original ost)
Killer7

The rest of these either came with the games or I can’t recall if they did:

Metal Gear Rising
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
Metroid: Return of Samus
The Silver Case
The 25th Ward
Killer7
Deadly Premonition (classified edition)

For the life of me I can’t recall whether Skyward Sword came with one. I think I also had Super Mario Galaxy’s ost at one point but I seem to have lost it sadly. Wish I could get the No More Heroes ones and God Hand but I don’t think either actually exist as cds.

432EDBE0-71F0-4B02-86C8-9A68B0811440.jpeg

Newest arrival. Tekken 3 Vinyl. Now if someone could put the VF2 soundtrack on Vinyl, I'd be a happy man.

14EDD827-E910-42F1-B29D-4CB83CA1D0B5.jpeg

Plus my little crate of Gaming Soundtracks. Not all of them, but most of them.

So I got this the other day :D

To get Nobuo Uematsu's autograph (along with co-composers Masashi Hamauszu and Mitsuto Suzuki) for the soundtrack of the remake is a huge deal for me! I wish I knew whose was who though :O

1604254259397.png

This soundtrack is 8 1/2 hours long...and that's not even the longest one. There was an 8 disc edition too. I wish the 8th disc was on here as it contains the Stamp song which I love!

I got my Square-Enix Vinyls today!
FFVINYL2.JPG
Lots of fun stuff! I had an original Pressing of the FF8 Vinyl Set but was a little to precious with it to open - now I have the Re-issue I can open them and finally enjoy it!

Never thought I'd ever even get the FF7 or FF13 record. So this is a real treat.

I also got another NieR set (A Double LP for bot NieR & Automata!), I just wanted another for the future incase mine is ever damaged. But I also regard NieR's OST as one of the best ever made (&FF8 to be fair :p).

Final Fantasy X Picture Disc VINYYYYLLLL!!!!!! :love:
FF10VINYL.JPG

Just ran through the tracklisting - A really good selection! I found Final Fantasy VIII's Vinyl Release was missing a lot of key tracks but I feel they really nailed it with this one!

I would have personally added Luca's theme instead of Phantoms & say they could have added a track after all the battle tracks on Side D but overall very solid! Pre-ordered without hesitation!

You guys really have a nice collection of gaming vinyls. I just have CDs. i do not even a player for the vinyls to be honest. But my parents have one and I could listen to stuff when I visit them. There are many great soundtracks of my favorite games on vinyl and as the audio quality of vinyl is supposed to be superior to cds i will try to get some.

You guys really have a nice collection of gaming vinyls. I just have CDs. i do not even a player for the vinyls to be honest. But my parents have one and I could listen to stuff when I visit them. There are many great soundtracks of my favorite games on vinyl and as the audio quality of vinyl is supposed to be superior to cds i will try to get some.
It's a bloody expensive hobby though, I'll tell you that much. Especially if you don't jump on Gaming Soundtracks as they release...most are limited numbers and go out of print pretty quickly which results in a lot of scalpers and what not overcharging.

In someways, CD is the cheaper way to go...although, I notice stuff like that OOP Shenmue Orchestra CD now fetches upwards of $250 AUD on Discoggs (I regret not buying that thing when it was floating around at cheaper prices)

But yeah, I'm not gonna lie but Vinyl can be a hideously expensive hobby when you get into it so beware. But there is something nice and warm about listening to it...just throwing on an album and listening to it from beginning to end is kind of nice from time to time. Even if you do get an older record that has a bit of noise about it, it's still kind of nice...or maybe that's me being a hipster. (cold shiver down my spine at the thought of being a hipster)

I actually just grabbed a portable Sony Discman for my bedroom speakers from Ebay for $30...I have a pair of Edifier G2000's in my room that I use for Laptop when in there at night and thought "wouldn't it be neat to get a CD player hooked up to this and actually listen to my CDs again straight from the source"....just because I recently got this need of wanting to listen to my CDs from the source instead of going for the countless digital rips on my Drive...I don't know if its nostalgia but I kind of miss just throwing on a CD and not worrying about copying over digital files or streaming stuff over the network.

There is something still nice to me about owning a physical copy of an album and I do kind of miss that with digital.

That's as far as I'm going with my nostalgia for physical media in music...Vinyl and CD's...although I hear cassette is also starting to make a bit of a comeback lately.

It is strange, we have all these streaming services like Itunes and Spotify with countless songs at our fingertips and yet now more than I ever I feel super nostalgic for physical media and the giddy joy of just listening to an album on vinyl or CD instead of via digital file on network.

Last edited:
@danielmann861 yeah was browsing around a bit already and as you said it can be quite expensive indeed. Cds are definitely the more economical way way to go. Especially the Shenmue vinyl stuff seems to be really expensive. That is a pity because Shenmue was my first choice to start. The Resident Evil stuff is a bit cheaper and make good collection item too. I think I will start with it than check out if as starting point to check out if vinyl is something for me or not. I am curious about it .

Back