Shenmue III Complete collectors edition

Well, I didn’t think I’d be buying yet another version of S3 after having the limited edition with the lamp and the pix n love one, but Limited Run just got my money for that box set. I’m quite happy that the disc itself has all the DLC and I imagine it’s the most up to date version of the main game as well. Couldn’t pass it up. Not personally that bothered about the sword but I do like the choubu & Bailu chan included. The box looks very nice and love the homage to the original box art.

am I being an idiot for not seeing where it states how many are left?
You can check by right clicking in Chrome on a computer and inspecting the html or whatever it's called. Then do CTRL + F and find 'inventory' I think.

You can check by right clicking in Chrome on a computer and inspecting the html or whatever it's called. Then do CTRL + F and find 'inventory' I think.
Ah right, thanks bud.

I saw it on the day it was released and really did not expect it to be in stock this long. Limited Run games tend to sell out incredibly quickly in my experience.

They're selling about 3 a day I'd say

Edit: haha, 3. Shenmue 3. Makes sense :cool:

S3 on sale for $15, DLC on sale for $8 on PS store now... this made me realize I don't need to pay the inflated price and I cancelled my order lol. I supported the game enough with my backer tier. I would still buy a standalone Complete Edition for the game only, but the $175 shipped price tag for extra stuff I don't personally need is just too much .

Theres probably a split between YSNET, Deep Silver, LRG and Sega
Ah ok, makes sense. I did think it unlikely that Ysnet wouldn’t see anything from sales.

That’s quite the split though! Even if each one is 150 USD.

Don't mind me, I'm just dreaming here.

When we eventually get Shenmue 4, I would love for LRG to give us a Shenmue Saga anthology like the absolutely gorgeous one they've just done for Monkey Island!

1608551390185.png

Don't mind me, I'm just dreaming here.

When we eventually get Shenmue 4, I would love for LRG to give us a Shenmue Saga anthology like the absolutely gorgeous one they've just done for Monkey Island!

View attachment 10000
I saw that and it’s pretty amazing stuff. Love the 3.5” floppy disk.

maybe better if we wait until S5 is released for an anthology though :)

For those holding out, now might be the time to get in on the LRG Shenmue 3 Complete Edition. Noticed this on the front page of LRG's site.

20201226_160934.jpg

Janurary 3rd is when it closes even though there are still 809 copies left in stock. For anybody that got money over Christmas, now would be the time to get it while you still can.

Last edited:
I wonder what they would do with the unsold stock??

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but maybe they should've done 2000 copies. Of course, if they did, people would complain that they couldn't get a copy. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

804 copies left of this as of now.

@bcdcdude I think they make them to order once they've got the final numbers in. I mean selling just short of 2200 isn't bad considering the game has been out a year and they've rinsed us already. But yeah a sellout looks better from a PR standpoint.

and with that the Complete Collector's Edition of Shenmue 3 is now sold out.
Screenshot_20210104-100941_Chrome.jpg

I checked yesterday and from what I remember, LRG had about 680ish left in stock. At least now that they stopped selling them we know that production on these sets can start immediately now that LRG knows how many they have to make.

For those of you that still missed out on a few of the items, the soundtrack is still in stock but to very limited quantity.

Screenshot_20210104-100924_Chrome.jpg

So probably a very silly question, but does this now mean there will be less than 3k of them in existence?

Thanks, Sh3p. I've had the funds available the entire time too, so it was just laziness/stupidity on my part :mad:

Back