Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Hmmm I'm playing the game again on PC. It seems the money "exploits" are gone. Do you know of any fast way to get money now?

Herb collecting

If you're on a second play with all herbs gone (really wish they re-spawned!) then Pail toss for the top two prizes in Bailu (whether the scar face guy or the Grand Macau) and Frog Races generate plenty of winnings pretty quick

Yeah, herb collecting is the best way to make money fast without cheating.

Or you can savescum.

Take the lucky hit with the highest return on investment. Save before playing, everytime you win, you save again before replaying. Everytime you lose, you reload.

It's really not "fair" that way, but if it can ease you the pain of PayWall, you do this during 30-45 minutes of game time, and then you have enough money for both PayWall. Still of to work from time to time to buy food.

Saw someone on the internet saying that how they did it.

Personally I went with herbs collecting. Gave me plenty of money for sure.

Yeah, herb collecting is the best way to make money fast without cheating.

Or you can savescum.

Take the lucky hit with the highest return on investment. Save before playing, everytime you win, you save again before replaying. Everytime you lose, you reload.

It's really not "fair" that way, but if it can ease you the pain of PayWall, you do this during 30-45 minutes of game time, and then you have enough money for both PayWall. Still of to work from time to time to buy food.

Saw someone on the internet saying that how they did it.

Personally I went with herbs collecting. Gave me plenty of money for sure.
Long Live save scumming. #LuckyHit🎲🎲💰

They changes the prizes exchanges prizes? I haven't replayed the game since released yet. I hope they didn't.
No, not exactly. The user was referring to an exploit that they patched, where an item could be sold back to pawn shops for more than it cost to buy, so you could keep buying and selling it to get more money. I don't remember the item, but they fixed the price so you couldn't do this anymore.

No, not exactly. The user was referring to an exploit that they patched, where an item could be sold back to pawn shops for more than it cost to buy, so you could keep buying and selling it to get more money. I don't remember the item, but they fixed the price so you couldn't do this anymore.
Oh thanks! I wasn't aware of that exploit haha. I didn't really try to find ways to make money asap.

It was 3 books; Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, Chinese Teachings (or something) and another similarly-titled book.

You buy all three, then sell them at a pawnshop and got a ton of cash.

20201230_180827.jpg
Currently working on my next Shenmue Talk series episode covering part 2 of Shenmue 3's story. Got my coffee in my Shenmue mug and I'm ready to go.
I'm going to recap the story in Niaowu up until the end and I'm going to analyze Ryo's martial arts training; I'm also going to continue with the subject of Yin & Yang and share some interesting theories and revelations.
Hope to share with all you guys and the other Shenmue fans by next month.

View attachment 10093
Currently working on my next Shenmue Talk series episode covering part 2 of Shenmue 3's story. Got my coffee in my Shenmue mug and I'm ready to go.
I'm going to recap the story in Niaowu up until the end and I'm going to analyze Ryo's martial arts training; I'm also going to continue with the subject of Yin & Yang and share some interesting theories and revelations.
Hope to share with all you guys and the other Shenmue fans by next month.
Yay! I enjoyed your last analysis video.

I'm drinking from the same mug as I type this. ☕

Back