A Gamer's Journey (Shenmue Documentary) goes to Kickstarter

Hi @Adam0 one question;
With the announcement of the Shenmue Anime, it would be easier to find a distributor for the documentary?
I’d have thought Adam and the team will be hard at work adding something in about the Anime right now. It might be worth them getting in touch with Crunchyroll though as this doc might be a great way to drum up hype for the anime.

A-any day now, right?

damn! when is that thing comming out?
Not for a while I would think. The pandenic has had an impact and there were some legal issues, most of which have now been resolved but some remain with a company that rhymes with Vega and whose name begins with S.

Progress is being made though and the finished product will no doubt be well worth the wait. Shenmue fans are good at being patient.

Damn Vega...

I wonder if it's difficult for Vega to talk about as some people seem to (incorrectly) link Shenmue and Vega leaving the gaming market altogether? That said, Vega were promoting hour long Youtube documentaries about the Dreamcast and how it failed...strange~

Why does Sega always wanna shit on something about one of their IP's. you should be happy and would think they would wanna do anything to drum up support for the IP itself is always good for business.

So the digital shorter cut comes out first...? I must behave and not watch that until I get the full cut on blu-ray!

Looking forward to this and excited to see it moving forward at a reasonable clip now. There were some ugly comments about it being a scam for a while.

It blows my mind how little people realize sometimes Covid has messed up or delayed so many things and continues to do so. 2020 was such a long and restricted year that I barely remember it and we bought a house.

Update #30!

A shame that it looks like getting the documentary out to the mass market doesn't look good at the moment, but I sure hope an opportunity presents itself. Surely someone must be interested in this?

As someone who didn't get a chance to back this BUT keenly wants to see it...what is the current status of it?

Back