Do you think Shenmue IV will show up at E3

Will Shenmue IV be announced at E3

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 61 88.4%

• Total voters
I’m conflicted because on one hand...yu did tease Shenmue 4 as one of his plans for 2021 (let’s be real, when he said “the sequel” it was definitely Shenmue) and in December of 2020 Cedric confirmed talks were happening behind the scenes and videos of Shenmue 4 exist (in pitching material form) and when Cedric was asked about it again on Twitter he said he couldn’t comment, I‘m confident it’ll happen and is likely in development but I don’t know if they’ll announce it soon, I guess we’ll see next Friday

If it does, it won't be in a substantial way.

It'll be something quick like a logo or some key art, maybe a video message from Yu Suzuki, just to let fans know it's on the way. Then silence for about a year and a half or more before a bigger re-reveal.

Could see it as something that happens during Deep Silver's showcase as they've de-confirmed a lot their most well known titles as appearing, leaving the door open to a likely reveal of the Kingdom Come sequel, some new IP, remakes/remasters, and something like this.

We're over a year and a half out from the initial release of Shenmue III, around eight months after the game launched on Steam and GOG, we know they were pitching Shenmue IV quite recently, and as far as we're aware the core team at YsNet are still employed there. They're either being bankrolled by someone, or the accumulated Shenmue III + merch sales are keeping the lights on.

So y'know. It's not outside the realm of possibility, but we'll just have to wait and see. Don't get your hopes up massively in any case.

Being honest no I don't think we will.

However the Dojo does have E3 media pass this year which is amazing! So we will be diving in and out through the week.

Again I do not expect anything Shenmue at all. If we do then I'm buying a lottery ticket.

I dont think so.
Considering how Deep Silver only comes with one or two projects to E3 each time,
i think its possible that they will only have a update for their 2020 announced game Chorus.
If they have a new reveal announcement, it will probably be a Kingdom Come Deliverance sequel.

But still, a Shenmue 4 announcement is not impossible. They didnt say that Shenmue wont be at E3.
But who knows if the Shenmue 4 IP belongs to Deep Silver?
We have way too little information for a safe bet.

Unfortunately I voted no I don't think it'll be announced at E3 it would be wonderful if it was though. I don't expect anything IV related this year at all. I would be absolutely over the moon to be proven wrong

I voted No, but not because I'm without a modicum of hope and just cynical.

I firmly believe that for developers such as YsNet and gaming in general, the impact of Covid-19 has been massive and continues to be a factor(even as it dwindles due to the vaccination effort).

Many folks predict this year's E3 to be a very muted affair, which doesn't lend itself to holding very many surprises. Covid was a factor and E3 has fell off in recent years, with really only Microsoft still arguably keeping it alive.

Even prior to E3, we've now seen several games(God of War, possibly Horizon, and others) sent to 2022, showing 2021 could potentially be another light year for games as it was last year. Covid-19 isn't the only cause, crunch has a scrutinous eye upon it and NO ONE wants a Cyberpunk on their hands.

Gamescom is the next major event we should look for. Also, Sony has shown a want to include indie titles in their SoP videos, so it could show up on any of those.

Shenmue IV is a game that, while very niche, will most likely happen. The fact that an anime is even happening for this series is a testament to just how powerful that niche audience is.

I firmly believe we would've had something sooner if the world hadn't ground to a halt, but I'd love to be surprised at Deep Silvers conference.

Nothing will ever be as disappointing as "Sega's explosive announcement" at E3 2004.

What I love about this, is that we are back. To where we have been for such a long time. There's no difference to that topic 18 years ago and today; waiting on a Shenmue related announcement at E3. There's such a nostalgic feeling to that, which we haven't had for 6 years, knowing Shenmue 3 was in development. The last year's we have been hoping for updates, but it's not quite the same. This is a game that doesn't exist in official capacity, and we are back waiting for it to be announced. I actually love that, in a roundabout way.

Oh and no, I don't expect any announcement. But I have said to people privately that I will give it until E3 2022 for Shenmue IV to be announced.

Since it's E3 season, I'm gonna throw on the Bysby theme for a while.

Last edited:
Voted No. I do not see the slighest Change that is going to happen unfortunately.

I don't believe that Shenmue IV will be at this E3. That said, I assumed Shenmue to be completely dead before E3 2015. There was hype that the third was going to be announced at that time. I didn't believe them and I drew hard criticism at the idea of the third being announced. Then it was announced and my jaw dropped.

Expect the unexpected is the idea that I go into E3 with now.

I really want to know that something that they know and we don't.
Hi guys this is a 24/7 CCTV footage of a basement @ Koch Media. At every day 12pm CEST there is an update and an object adding. Can you figure out the mystery before the count down timer runs down?
So far we have added a crown, a crystal, a coffin, a swiss army knife a mace, a pyramid, Pill box, Dollar Dollar bills YA'LL and finally a sage stick!
https://www twitch.tv/weknowsomethingudontknow

What do you guys think? Do any of these items sound Shenmue-y to you? :unsure:

Back