My Story inspired by Shenmue

~ ひかり ~

このまま・・・時間が止まるといい
Site Staff
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (PS4)
I said in other threads that Shenmue is inspiring me to create a story with a Shenmue vibe/feeling. I imagine my story as games but right now i don't know how to make games alone, i have plans to learn more about the engines and all that stuff so maybe one day i can make the first game. The best would be to have a team to create the games with me but i don't have that, so first i'm writing the story.

All i can say about my story right now is that is inspired by Shenmue, the story will be a journey, the story will have 11 chapters, the first chapter will be in Brazil, in the hometown of the main protagonist, i even took photos about some things and i would like to share in the Dojo, things that i want to put in my story, so with my story in the first chapter people will get to know more about Brazil, a Brazil that only the people that live here know more, the culture and details here.

Hey, what's this? (Voice of Ryo)

Tortuguita1.jpg

This is cool (Voice of Ryo) This is a chocolate in a format of a turtle, the name is Tortuguita, i don't know if in other countries have this chocolate, this is really good.

Tortuguita2.jpeg

Tortuguita3.jpeg

Brazilian Nozomi, where are you?

Flowers.jpeg

2021-06-17.jpeg

I imagine the character walking and running in places like this searching for more clues.

2021-06-17.jpg

For obvious reasons i will not share everything, but i created this thread to keep you all updated, and in the future i will even make books, one chapter per book, i have plans to sell this books, and my biggest dream about all of this is to create the games, like i said in the beginning i imagine my story as games.

Shenmue means so much to me that is inspiring me to make my own story with this vibe and feeling, it is really special to me, thank you.

Last edited:
This sounds very exciting! I love how you’re using the ‘Shenmue formula’ to highlight the things that are special about Brazil. I love Japan, but until I played Shenmue, I never thought I’d ever experience the feeling of being there, and Shenmue captures that feeling perfectly. I do hope you can one day turn your story into a game, because if I have a chance to experience other cultures like Brazil in a Shenmue-style game, then I’d definitely take that chance!

This sounds very exciting! I love how you’re using the ‘Shenmue formula’ to highlight the things that are special about Brazil. I love Japan, but until I played Shenmue, I never thought I’d ever experience the feeling of being there, and Shenmue captures that feeling perfectly. I do hope you can one day turn your story into a game, because if I have a chance to experience other cultures like Brazil in a Shenmue-style game, then I’d definitely take that chance!
Thank you so much, i will try my best to achieve this. The story will be a journey with a Shenmue vibe and style. With this first chapter one of the things i want to do is to show to the people more about Brazil, many people only know about Rio de Janeiro but Brazil is much more than that, like Japan is much more than just Tokyo, Yu Suzuki putted Yokosuka in the game, I never heard of Yokosuka before i play Shenmue and it was a beautiful, unique and unforgetabble experience.

Can anyone guess just by looking at this photo in which year the first chapter in my story will take place? the character will have a cellphone really similar to this one. 😊

NOKIA.png

Last edited:
Nobody tried to guess so i will answer this, my story will begin in the years 1999/2000, the character will have a cellphone similar to the one in the photo, in this cellphone the character will register all the clues and even feelings in a Shenmue style, the character will recieve messages from other characters and much more.

Another thing i can tell about my story is that in my story will have martial arts. One of the martial arts that will have in my story is a brazilian martial arts called Capoeira. Capoeira is martial art infused dance, which is thought to have originated in the 16th century in Brazil. Although today capoeira has become somewhat omnipresent with the booming popularity of street acrobatics such as parkour its history remains mysterious, it is a 500 year old martial art.

In this video we can see some moves.

Eddy Gordo of Tekken 3 knows capoeira, i played this game a lot in PS1, is so nice to see a brazilian character in a fighting game, really cool.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

I will not share all the details about my story because this way will have no surprises when people see the story, and for other obvious reasons but i just wanted to share here the progress i made about my ideas, one day the first chapter of the story will be complete and releasing it will be a dream come true to me, to release my story inspired in Shenmue, this means a lot to me, thanks to everybody that support me about this.

Last edited:
Back