What are you playing?

Resident Evil: Village -- Every time I keep going back to this, I just don't care for it. I don't know if I care for first person Resident Evil or Ethan for that matter. I just can not get into this game. Every time I've tried, I find myself turning it off after an hour or so. I will finish it one day, but yeah, I kind of wish First Person Resident Evil would go away.

I finished Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice last night and played through it again today. A+ story telling and a one of a kind title with layers upon layers of super important messages for real life. An unexpected gem even knowing that it would be really good going in considering the team of neuroscientists and artists behind it.

I'm going to give A Plague Tale: Innocence a try before moving on to Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island expansion later this week.

Reactions: red
Resident Evil: Village -- Every time I keep going back to this, I just don't care for it. I don't know if I care for first person Resident Evil or Ethan for that matter. I just can not get into this game. Every time I've tried, I find myself turning it off after an hour or so. I will finish it one day, but yeah, I kind of wish First Person Resident Evil would go away.
I haven't enjoyed any of the RE games after RE4. They all feel very much the same. They're not awful by any means but it doesn't feel fresh with 5 through 8 or the spin offs, even though they are trying new things. Did you enjoy 5 and 6 before it went first person?

I haven't enjoyed any of the RE games after RE4. They all feel very much the same. They're not awful by any means but it doesn't feel fresh with 5 through 8 or the spin offs, even though they are trying new things. Did you enjoy 5 and 6 before it went first person?

I loved 4. I will ALWAYS love RE4. RE4 is easily in my top 10 of all time.

I've only ever played 5 once....it was okay but just felt like RE4.5 to me and at that point, things like Dead Space were doing the over the shoulder horror shooter a LOT better. RE5 missed the boat on letting you move around while aiming and felt just too much like RE4.5

It was okay, but nothing really stood out about it to me either.

RE6 was terrible. I bought it on PS3 and never finished it. It was Resident Evil trying to be Uncharted or Gears of War and I hated it for that.

I finished RE7 but I wasn't really impressed with it one way or the other...felt way too scripted and linear. It felt like it was trying to ride the tail coats of P.T. except without the dread of P.T. Just felt like a long haunted house ride with lots of obvious jump scares.

I loved RE2 Remake though. Thought that was a hell of a remake that managed to capture the dread and horror of RE while still providing plenty of action. They got the balance 100% correct with that remake and I loved it.

Was nonplussed by RE3 remake.

And as for RE8? Everytime I've tried going back to it, I just get the same feeling I got from RE7. The feeling of here we go again, all the things I didn't like about RE7 are still here. I just don't care for Ethan. It's almost comical to me how much blood shed they put him through in the opening hours of these games (like losing fingers) and yet somehow he is still able to power on like a champ.

It's almost farcical to me. Also I don't know what to make of these Lycans and Vampires. It really just does not feel like Resident Evil to me.

I enjoy REmake, 2, 3, 4, & 5.

For me, everything since (minus RE 2 Remake - a stellar reimagining!) feels a bit too over the top. Suddenly, viruses now let people shapeshift (including clothes!), telepathically communicate, use telekinesis etc.

At this rate, I expect RE9 will feature a character who pulls meteors from space with their mind..."because virus".

It does feel like they've run out of ideas and general magic for the RE franchise. I enjoyed 1, 2 and 3 on PS1 and 4, 0 and Code Veronica on GameCube and Dreamcast with 4 being the best overall in the franchise(and 2 being a close second), but anything after 4 fails to excite. None of them after 4 are complete trash, but none of them do much to move the needle. The remake of 2 and 3 I did try a bit of both and I liked what I saw, but I've long since moved on from this style of game that I couldn't really get into them, though technically I can see why people would rather play the remakes over original 2 and 3. Graphics alone and Jill wearing a more practical outfit in the remakes are worth not going back to the originals.

I had to send my Switch Lite in for repair, so have to pause Skyward Sword. It does however give me a chance to go back to my 3DS and focus on Majora's Mask and the Metroid 2 remake.

I also have Psychonauts 2 coming out in a week! Stoked for that one.

Alright finished Fire emblem 3 houses.
Loved it, I chose the Edelgard's route because it seemed to me the most interesting perspective which the narratiSHE WAS HOT OK DONT JUDGE ME

I had a few problems with the part 2 because all the time I was thinking
guys... are we sure we are the good guys? I mean, Idk just look at them, they are kinda angels, and look at us, we are like the Empire of Star Wars. Dude, look at that guy, he's face it's a skull, and that guy it's our ally... I mean, shouldnt we reconsider our position for one second?
But at the end I think we were right... I guess?

A few game things going on as of today:

I took the PS5 out of the closet and dusted it off to install the Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island expansion and I cannot wait to play it!

On the Xbox Series side of things I just finished Senua's Sacrifice twice this week and may give it a third go through in a few days as there are so many layers.

I played the Quake remaster on Xbox today for about 15 minutes, it was a nice quick nostalgia hit from 1996 and I'm done. If it were Quake 2 or Half-Life 1, I'd probably play through it again.

While Tsushima Iki Island is installing on the PS5 I will be trying A Plague Tale: Innocence on Xbox and also Hood: Outlaws & Legends. I was really interested in Hood back when I saw the launch trailer and thought it may have an awesome one player mode, but lost all interest when I saw it was only multiplayer since I don't really enjoy playing online outside of Tsushima Legends. Either way, Hood is free to play for this weekend and I have a few days left on my Game Pass so I will be giving that a try shortly here to scratch what was once an itch.

I just got done with Telltale's The Walking Dead The Final Season. What a tremendous way to go out with this series. I loved season 1, and season 2 was wonderful. I saw the mixed reaction to 3 and never got around to playing it. Until I purchased the Definitive Edition for $7 and I'm glad I did.

Season 3 was solid in it's own way definitely different but that's not bad. I enjoyed Javi and Kate the most and season 3 too. It was a very fun ride.

Season 4 is definitely rivaling one for me. I love the Lee appearance. I feel like Clementine & Violet's relationship is very natural and is both awkward, innocent, adorable and realistic at the same time. Love the star gazing and dance in the bedroom scenes. Clem and AJ definitely mirrored Lee and her which was great. AJ and Clem's love and care for each other was fantastic. Wow what a truly incredible and beautiful ending to the Clementine storyline and the franchise in general. Bravo Telltale & Skybound.

Last edited:
Decided to do a quick playthrough of both Undertale and Deltarune this week just to relive some memories. Well, that and I can’t remember if I ever actually completed the genocide route before. Can’t believe how much I’ve died just doing the pacifist run though, don’t recall ever having trouble on it before. Maybe a small difference between the PS4 and Switch versions…joycon control stick just not being as smooth?

Guys if you haven't yet. You must play L.A. Noire. It's very near to Shenmue. I'm loving every second of it. Plus they managed to make the trivial stuff less annoying than all 3 Shenmue. A huge mistake by the 3rd one. You examine stuff, you ask questions. It's perfect. It's no GTA at all. If you haven't, play it, you'll love it.

Last edited:
I picked up Red Dead Redemption 2 in the Epic sale the other day.

First time trying a Red Dead game, but it seems like fun from what I've played so far. Can definitely see it getting its hooks into me once I get into it properly.
If you never did, try L.A. Noire. It's insanely like Shenmue, but streamlined, and just near perfect.

I just finished Cyberpunk 2077 on my ps4. I played this blind without paying attention to the drama on youtube.

Massively overhyped game. While Deus Ex is 21 years old, it is miles better than this title in 2021. I'm sure that once they fix the numerous bugs and gameplay flaws, the game would be stellar - only for the pc version, though.

I'm glad that the AAA crowd had a massive kick in the teeth, after mocking Shenmue 3 the way they did online.

At least the developers of Shenmue 3 worked WITHIN their limitations. Cyberpunk was massively over-budget with too large a development team. Hiring Keanu Reeves wasn't going to save the game, neither.

6/10 for me.

I just finished Cyberpunk 2077 on my ps4. I played this blind without paying attention to the drama on youtube.

Massively overhyped game. While Deus Ex is 21 years old, it is miles better than this title in 2021. I'm sure that once they fix the numerous bugs and gameplay flaws, the game would be stellar - only for the pc version, though.

I'm glad that the AAA crowd had a massive kick in the teeth, after mocking Shenmue 3 the way they did online.

At least the developers of Shenmue 3 worked WITHIN their limitations. Cyberpunk was massively over-budget with too large a development team. Hiring Keanu Reeves wasn't going to save the game, neither.

6/10 for me.
It's nice to see people feel that Cyberpunk is way overhyped and under delivered, I agree. I paid $8 for it in launch day and thought it was really bad actually. I played it on Xbox One so it had all the glitches, which quite honestly I found to be the most entertaining part and the only thing that made it worth playing as the core game itself is bad. I gave it a 3/10. Cyberpunk isn't even that old yet and it's already in the $10 clearance bin in local stores here.

Reactions: red
I beat the original Phantasy Star a few weeks ago. Sometimes it's hard to get a frame of reference for how groundbreaking a game is when you play it over 30 years after it's release, but I think it has to be the most impressive 8-bit JRPG out there. I just really dug the setting, exploring the overworld and dungeons, and the graphics were amazing. There were really great backgrounds during battles and the enemies were all huge sprites with attack animations. Then of course the first person dungeons with moving tiles looked great, programmed by Yuji Naka!

I'm guessing I'm about 70% done with Phantasy Star II at the moment. I'm not liking it as much, perhaps I needed to take more time off in-between PS1 and PS2. It's just been way too grindy, the overworld is sectioned off by bridges and canals, dungeons are a pain to navigate, even when using a map, there are a ton of repeat enemies, and the lack of backgrounds during battle scenes is a bit disappointing. I will say that something finally clicked with me during a certain section of the game and now I'm really invested, so hopefully it keeps that momentum.

I know the game was rushed and also was the biggest RAM cart at the time of its release, so I can't be too harsh, but I also wish there could be a mini do-over release that fixes all of the issues with the game.

Ahhhhh Tomato, that is so damn accurate! :D

1 truly is a phenomenal game and it did so much, at a time when games were still fairly primitive. I had an absolute blast with it when I played it (already!) 7 years ago and the ground it broke is just awesome (female protagonist, "3-D," dungeons, vehicle play, just superb stuff.

On the other side of the coin, what you wrote also indeed applies to 2; I still to this day don't know why people love it to death, as it is a VERY poor game, when stacked against its predecessor and successors. It's still a 7/10 game, but there are a ton of flaws and I've always maintained that big/end bosses that rely on luck to defeat and little skill, show poor game design.

I won't post the first video I did (like with PS, above), but I will post the end video, as it shows the absolute absurdity that I had to deal with, with that end boss. Also, the worst-looking Dark Force of the whole series, far and away.

III is a solid game and super-underrated, but 4 truly is the best in the series; an absolute Sega classic and easily one of the best RPGs ever made.

Back