Random Shenmue Thoughts

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but lovely to see Eurogamer share some Shenmue II love. Can't believe it's been 20 years today...

EDIT: Found some more articles today! The last one sounds quite moving.

Last edited:
Ok I need to do a shout out for Joe Kitchen's latest video in his Shenmue music themes series on YouTube - as it is absolutely criminal that these seem to get such low views (Is he still a member here, I can't seem to find him?) How in the heck are these put together?! Truly masterful stuff how this story has been created!
Yeah honestly without hearing him brought up in the Shenmuedojo podcast I would have never discovered his amazing videos. His editing and way he is able to manipulate the scenes, characters and environments keep getting better and better.

When I was a teenager I always dreamed after a lot of amazing LanDC mods to be able to manipulate the environment and create side stories with minor characters. He seems to have latched onto that idea but with great results.

He was another one of the 10K backers but I don’t recall seeing him post but I vaguely remember reading about school he started in China with his brother.

Anyone did have problems with the trophy Nomad on S2? I did talk with Fang-mei in the cutscene when Ryo leaving after Kowloon and the trophy not comes out.

Anyone did have problems with the trophy Nomad on S2? I did talk with Fang-mei in the cutscene when Ryo leaving after Kowloon and the trophy not comes out.
Apparently the trophy is glitched if you do her birthday sidequest. Is this what happened?

Apparently the trophy is glitched if you do her birthday sidequest. Is this what happened?
Yes, that is exactly what happened, by luck I had another save and could do that part again, thanks!

Now I have the platinum of the 3 games, next objective, get it all the items on the 2 first games (I already have in 3) but is very hard because I can't complete Space Harrier and Out Run.

Last edited:
Yes, that is exactly what happened, by luck I had another save and could do that part again, thanks!

Now I have the platinum of the 3 games, next objective, get it all the items on the 2 first games (I already have in 3) but is very hard because I can't complete Space Harrier and Out Run.
Fuck yeah! Good for you :D

Might not be the best place to mention, but many of the links in the media section of the site are broken such as the Shenmue Events 1998-2002 (from E3 1999 onwards!)

Might not be the best place to mention, but many of the links in the media section of the site are broken such as the Shenmue Events 1998-2002 (from E3 1999 onwards!)
They are. This is because we're overhauling some of the media section. They should be back soon.

They are. This is because we're overhauling some of the media section. They should be back soon.
Ah, good to know! I thought I should mention it in case we get new members on the site and it might give off the wrong impression :)

Back