Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Tekken 7 (always Tekken 7)
PSN
danmann861
Steam
danielmann861

I...don't know...most video game movies are crap...most video games are better off staying as video games...this looks like it could go either way. It could either be trash...or forgettable as all hell....like...say Prince of Persia (did anyone even remember that Jake Gyllenhaal flick until I just mentioned it?)

Although, it is kind of cool to see them re-create the Airplane sequence from Uncharted 3

While there's a certain irony in making a movie about a game series that tries to feel cinematic, this movie could probably be successful. I won't see it, but I can respect the intention. They both seem a little too young to me, but maybe that adds some realism. (Regardless, Sully without a mustache is a mortal sin.)

I suspect Sony could make several films from their more cinematic game series, which have tightly wound plots that translate well to movies. The Last of Us is being made into a TV if memory serves, and I could see people lapping up God of War.

Ooft, I'm not feeling it at all here. I like Tom Holland, but I feel like this is a bit of a miscast. Idk, maybe it's just me but I just don't think he fits the role too well. It's also a little weird that they're taking iconic setpieces from the games when this is supposed to be a prequel.

I don't honestly see this being really bad or really good. I suspect it'll be forgettably mediocre and eventually fizzle out without much fanfare.

Ooft, I'm not feeling it at all here. I like Tom Holland, but I feel like this is a bit of a miscast. Idk, maybe it's just me but I just don't think he fits the role too well. It's also a little weird that they're taking iconic setpieces from the games when this is supposed to be a prequel.

I don't honestly see this being really bad or really good. I suspect it'll be forgettably mediocre and eventually fizzle out without much fanfare.
Yeap, that's why I brought up Prince of Persia...I have a feeling it will fall into the wildly mediocre and forgettable camp.

I wasn't feeling Tom Holland either...the smart assed Nathan Drake I know and love just didn't come through in this at all.

I'm confused. I thought they said this was a prequel to the games? It looks more like a mix of events from Uncharted 3 & 4.

Yeah, I'll skip this one but it doesn't look too bad, tbh. I mean, Ryan Gosling was probably not available to play Nathan Drake 😉, but I guess this will make an ok film for those who are intersted.

I'm still having a problem with the casting and visuals of this film. When I see Sully & Drake in the film I think of Drake and Harry Flynn in uncharted 2's Opening:

Game:
1635074297825.png
Film:
Uncharted-movie.jpg

I can handle changes but I still feel the lead actor is too young, still we at least got a glimpse of what an Uncharted film with Firefly's Nathan Fillion could be like:

Would it have been so nipple-twistingly hard to let Mark Wahlberg at least grow a moustache?

Uncharted is my favorite series of all time. After the casting announcements, I've lowered my expectations for this movie. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against either Holland or Wahlberg. They simply aren't meant for this role until they can prove me wrong when I watch this.

My plan is to watch this in theaters and support the project but not because it's simply Uncharted. I've always loved Indiana Jones type movies. That includes National Treasure and Tomb Raider and we know how bad the live action TR films were. That's my baseline for what I'm going to compare the upcoming movie too. There are three tiers here for me to compare. Will it be...

Indiana Jones level - Best
National Treasure level - Moderate
Tomb Raider - Bad

That'll be my score system. I'm not going to bother comparing directly to the Uncharted games as I know there's no way in hell they'll reach the level of character development that even the first game had. It's really tough to put an 8-16 hour game into the span of 2 hours. The trailer has already proved that they've gotten details wrong plot wise on how the characters know each other and when.

I'll be taking this as a 2 hour action adventure treasure quest that has familiar elements. Nothing more... nothing less.

Back