What are you playing?

Anybody knows if I can play Monster Hunter world in single player mode? Or is it meant to be enjoyable only in co-op?
Pretty sure I was able to play by myself. The "monster's" are going to be massive grind-fests though. At the very least, quicker to take down when you play with someone. Some of these monsters took me 20-60 min to take down.

I decided to give Detroit Become Human a thorough try this year since it came free with the PS5 Plus Collection. I'm about 3 hours in and so far it's much better than anticipated, and my expectations weren't low considering the creator tends to make story heavy games that are at least fair-good but they weren't super high either going into it. Its making me wonder why all modern gaming experiences can't replicate this style of heavy story telling with depth and something important to say. The graphics are amazing running on the PS5 even being a PS4 title.

I decided to give Detroit Become Human a thorough try this year since it came free with the PS5 Plus Collection. I'm about 3 hours in and so far it's much better than anticipated, and my expectations weren't low considering the creator tends to make story heavy games that are at least fair-good but they weren't super high either going into it. Its making me wonder why all modern gaming experiences can't replicate this style of heavy story telling with depth and something important to say. The graphics are amazing running on the PS5 even being a PS4 title.
I loved it. Really cool game, enjoy it!

im playing days gone on ps5 via the free ps plus collection.

the AI isn't the best and could be better but overall i'm enjoying the game.

Absolutely fantastic game! Just finished it. The story telling and framework of the writing is incredibly well done.
Told ya! I loved it. Really cool experience. I think it's what Beyond two souls and Heavy rain was meant to be. They nailed it this time.

And graphically (pc) it's amazing. I think it's still a game with one of the best graphics out there.

Told ya! I loved it. Really cool experience. I think it's what Beyond two souls and Heavy rain was meant to be. They nailed it this time.

And graphically (pc) it's amazing. I think it's still a game with one of the best graphics out there.
I was very satisfied with the endings I had for each character though it makes me curious to check out the other paths which gives it a nice replay value. I enjoy intelligent and thought provoking games and this one went above and beyond, even the survey the Chloe droid asks you on the main menu asking critical thinking questions and seeing the worlds results was cool. I played the first Connor scene a few years back and thought it was cool but it didn't really grab me(he was by far the least relatable and least likable main character in the game, which may have resonated when I played the demo) so now giving it another chance this year I'm glad I did. I have also played Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy a bit and didn't find any of them to be worth finishing at that point but none were really bad either. Beyond Two Souls was by far the most interesting for me even more than Detroit a few years back but I didn't like how they militarized her with her psychic gifts, that killed the story for me. Heavy Rain was a little more engaging but I don't really enjoy serial killer or horror themed games at all, so it was nothing personal, I'd assume the story telling would still have been good. Indigo Prophecy I haven't played since it launched and I remember it being innovative, but again serial killer stuff. After playing Detroit through and loving it, I may give one of those other 3 Quantic Dream games another look, do you recommend Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy personally?

Yeah, the graphics are really great I played it on PS5 though it's just a PS4 version there's no upgrade but it actually looks more like a PS5 game than some of the PS5 versions of games I've seen. I'm loving that graphics in general since 2016 through now(and even to some degree 2014 and 2015 too) are so damn good that we can continue to experience really well written photo realistic games. There's no reason not to take advantage of the technology of this current gen and even the last gen graphics as Detroit has proven, are quite amazing truly for the first time.

If you like this type of game, graphics, character development and story telling I'd highly highly recommend Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and Life Is Strange: True Colors.

I may give one of those other 3 Quantic Dream games another look, do you recommend Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy personally?
I liked Heavy rain. More than horror, imo it was "detective". It's nice when you try to guess who's the killer. I think the gameplay its kinda lame but the story (i mean the "mistery") it was good and satisfying. I'd go for that one.

About Indigo (I know it as Fahrenheit, Idk if it's some region change of name bullshit) played it in ps2 when i was a kid and I remember I enjoyed it but it was too... How to say it... Complex? But illogically complex. Lol. I dont have bad memories of my feelings about the game so should be fine.

About Beyond, it's the one that I like less (talking about Heavy rain, Beyond, Detroit), but still seems a good game to me, a solid 8, but not more.

Basically I recommend all the games, but I must say Detroit was by far the best imo (gameplay and story) so the next ones wont be "as good as Detroit". I was lucky and played them in chronological order so "its the best way" in this particular case, but still, give it a shot to all of them.

If you like this type of game, graphics, character development and story telling I'd highly highly recommend Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and Life Is Strange: True Colors.
I played Life is Strange 1 from the original characters. I liked it but I'm not sure to play the next games. About Hellblade I played it and I liked it more because of the graphics and sound, not the gameplay. This games are kinda tricky, because maybe the story it's great, but the gameplay its kinda bullshit, and you need to find a perfect balance between them. I think Quantic dream found it with Detroit. Sometimes it was a good story with bad gameplay (Heavy) sometimes good gameplay with bad story (Beyond) and now great gameplay and great story (Detroit) ((IMO)).

FE231DC9-5265-4E9C-ADBC-1664FF60FE31.jpeg7188A59C-DF86-4555-8D42-36198E778141.jpeg2E0E8A48-0DD1-4AB0-832F-6C6F6BA10339.jpeg

Been playing more Fatal Frame V today. Spookier than I thought initially but most of it just reminds me that I was far more creeped out just watching someone else play Siren. I guess ghosts are just a little too tame for me, and then the characters themselves being a bit too stylized, well that’s fine but it doesn’t really help immerse me lol. Most of my scares are just enemies appearing out of nowhere. The one thing that actually has me on edge is whenever you’re left alone…just walking through the house/shop is the worst for me.

Attachments

• 3D2A0FBF-2527-4671-A597-9B5EF5369451.jpeg
    3D2A0FBF-2527-4671-A597-9B5EF5369451.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 0
Recently completed It Takes Two and Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. It Takes Two was okay, would score it 7/10. It did feel like some of the levels were too long and I ended up playing it more to complete it than to enjoy the gameplay and story

Rift Apart I'll score an 8/10. It felt a little short and a lot of the game mechanics felt useless. For example, having armour, there were way too many weapons and the character levelling system was so basic I forgot it was even there. Would be nice if the next game changed more into a fully fledged, space venturing RPG similar to Mass Effect.

I'm currently playing Far Cry 6, which I'm enjoying so far, and about to start Final Fantasy 7 remake.

I liked Heavy rain. More than horror, imo it was "detective". It's nice when you try to guess who's the killer. I think the gameplay its kinda lame but the story (i mean the "mistery") it was good and satisfying. I'd go for that one.

About Indigo (I know it as Fahrenheit, Idk if it's some region change of name bullshit) played it in ps2 when i was a kid and I remember I enjoyed it but it was too... How to say it... Complex? But illogically complex. Lol. I dont have bad memories of my feelings about the game so should be fine.

About Beyond, it's the one that I like less (talking about Heavy rain, Beyond, Detroit), but still seems a good game to me, a solid 8, but not more.

Basically I recommend all the games, but I must say Detroit was by far the best imo (gameplay and story) so the next ones wont be "as good as Detroit". I was lucky and played them in chronological order so "its the best way" in this particular case, but still, give it a shot to all of them.
Thanks for your input! I already know the graphics and gameplay will be worse on the older 3 titles and even the story premise since I've tried them, but I played Beyond and Heavy on PS3 and Fahrenheit on OG Xbox so the remasters for PS4 should at least help graphically, which matters to me with photorealistic games, but it isn't essential as long as I can feel connected to the games story and characters.

I went into Detroit expecting it to be a 6/10 or 7/10 honestly but it's more like an 8.5 or 9/10 for me so I was pleasantly surprised. Im ok with games being 6's and 7's as long as I taper my expectations to them not being amazing or masterpieces, samething with anything in the 8 range which is always great but may not connect with me personally. If I can get a 6 or 7 out of Beyond, Heavy and Indigo I'm up for giving them another look on a newer console than what I originally tried.

I played Life is Strange 1 from the original characters. I liked it but I'm not sure to play the next games. About Hellblade I played it and I liked it more because of the graphics and sound, not the gameplay. This games are kinda tricky, because maybe the story it's great, but the gameplay its kinda bullshit, and you need to find a perfect balance between them. I think Quantic dream found it with Detroit. Sometimes it was a good story with bad gameplay (Heavy) sometimes good gameplay with bad story (Beyond) and now great gameplay and great story (Detroit) ((IMO)).
I didn't think LiS 1 is as great as everyone else makes it out to be with the few hours I spent with it. It's ok from the little bit I experienced nothing over a 6/10 for me, based on my limited play time of course. I tried the other games in the franchise and they're a bit better than LiS 1 but none of them stick out except True Colors which is easily a 9/10 for me with story. These type of games don't really have a lot of gameplay of course but it's mostly for the story. True Colors has a section where it's RPG style where you pick your attacks off a menu which I really disliked, it was the only part of the game I didn't really love because I find all RPG gameplay style to be boring, but they did attempt to throw in other shades of gameplay from different genres. True Colors does a much better job in terms of gameplay, graphics, story, emotion and characters than LiS 1 for sure.

Hellblade I think gets looked at as an action title because of the sword play but it's really more of a story driven psychological game with adventure and action elements. The puzzles were a bit annoying at times for me since I don't enjoy that type of gameplay but the fact that the puzzles all had to do with what was going on inside her head, that made it all worth it. I feel the same about the combat, it wasn't bad but wasn't amazing but I didn't care cause the story was mind blowing.

Last edited:
View attachment 13343View attachment 13342View attachment 13340

Been playing more Fatal Frame V today. Spookier than I thought initially but most of it just reminds me that I was far more creeped out just watching someone else play Siren. I guess ghosts are just a little too tame for me, and then the characters themselves being a bit too stylized, well that’s fine but it doesn’t really help immerse me lol. Most of my scares are just enemies appearing out of nowhere. The one thing that actually has me on edge is whenever you’re left alone…just walking through the house/shop is the worst for me.
I was actually going to check this game out but I don't enjoy horror games if it's just about scaring people with demons or zombies jumping out. The photography aspect is part of what I found appealing here, can you confirm if this game has some depth to its story or is it on par with Silent Hill and other horror titles that mostly focus on the action and scare tactic portions? I found Siren to be better than expected back when I played it on PS2, and this does have a bit of that vibe only Siren was a bit too formulaic with the horror stuff for me.

Recently completed It Takes Two and Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. It Takes Two was okay, would score it 7/10. It did feel like some of the levels were too long and I ended up playing it more to complete it than to enjoy the gameplay and story

Rift Apart I'll score an 8/10. It felt a little short and a lot of the game mechanics felt useless. For example, having armour, there were way too many weapons and the character levelling system was so basic I forgot it was even there. Would be nice if the next game changed more into a fully fledged, space venturing RPG similar to Mass Effect.

I'm currently playing Far Cry 6, which I'm enjoying so far, and about to start Final Fantasy 7 remake.
It Takes Two looks entertaining but there's no single player is there?

I'm curious about Far Cry 6 as well as I found 5, Primal, 3 and the original to all be solid with 4 and New Dawn also being mostly enjoyable. How does this one stack up against the others? It seems like the story line is the best one yet, but the environment looks a little too much like FC 1 and 3?

I am still busy with Life is Strange and true colors so I did not start playing Far Cry 6 seriously until i am done with LIS but i played for about 60 minutes yesterday and it was quite promising although I have not seen much of the game yet. So far I like it. I runs quite good on the ps5 and the island atmosphere is quite cool. Using a crocodile or an aligator ( do not know which animal guapo is) as a weapon is als quite a funny gimmick. It is nothing new though I think there was a dog in Far Cry 5. Not sure though Have not played Far Cry 5.

The new Fatal frame in the disc version for the ps4 is also on it' way to me but not arrived yet. Have oredered the physical version at play asia.

Last edited:
It Takes Two looks entertaining but there's no single player is there?

I'm curious about Far Cry 6 as well as I found 5, Primal, 3 and the original to all be solid with 4 and New Dawn also being mostly enjoyable. How does this one stack up against the others? It seems like the story line is the best one yet, but the environment looks a little too much like FC 1 and 3?
It Takes 2 is multiplayer only; online or offline. I've only been playing the Far Cry games since Far Cry 4. I don't follow the story too much but I already hate the antagonist and know what he's trying to achieve.

Back