Shenmue World Issue 1 Kickstarter!

I imagine that the timing makes interviews from an anime perspective unfeasible, but who is to say there couldn't be any for issue 3 where the anime would be released?

Can't wait for issue 2; it's an obvious day one back!

Thanks guys! Yeah interviews for Issue 2 are pretty much already done i'd say. Anime stuff could be a potential feature in Issue 3, maybe people involved will be more willing to talk about it after it's released :)

I don't have any plans for a reprint of Issue 1, i'd like to keep them a limited thing, but don't worry because I do still have a few boxes of copies, so I will be putting up a tier to grab both issues, and I want to hold onto a few for future issues too. I'll see how I can manage that, I also have a few copies that I felt weren't 100%, since as you can imagine, weight and quantity there are quite a few with minor imperfections, so as a last resort I can hand these out in the future. The bonus items I don't have as many of, so they will forever be extremely limited, but at least for the Issue 2 Kickstarter, I should be able to create a few more complete Issue 1 packs.

RE: Backerkit...i'll look into it, but the task was already quite mammoth to organise on my own, and since the whole project is non profit, I would like to maximise the amount we achieve back into the magazine and it's extras, rather than giving Backerkit a cut as well...and the postage costs move over to them to? - which I know with other Kickstarters, shipping costs a few months after the fact has caught some people offguard, upset and angry. I'd rather everything be upfront, so if you're happy with the shipping cost from the UK there and then, it's done with, and I can keep tabs on everything tracked. We did well with the first Issue in the fact that only one copy got lost from memory.

Any more questions or suggestions guys, ask away :)

Thanks guys! Yeah interviews for Issue 2 are pretty much already done i'd say. Anime stuff could be a potential feature in Issue 3, maybe people involved will be more willing to talk about it after it's released :)

I don't have any plans for a reprint of Issue 1, i'd like to keep them a limited thing, but don't worry because I do still have a few boxes of copies, so I will be putting up a tier to grab both issues, and I want to hold onto a few for future issues too. I'll see how I can manage that, I also have a few copies that I felt weren't 100%, since as you can imagine, weight and quantity there are quite a few with minor imperfections, so as a last resort I can hand these out in the future. The bonus items I don't have as many of, so they will forever be extremely limited, but at least for the Issue 2 Kickstarter, I should be able to create a few more complete Issue 1 packs.

RE: Backerkit...i'll look into it, but the task was already quite mammoth to organise on my own, and since the whole project is non profit, I would like to maximise the amount we achieve back into the magazine and it's extras, rather than giving Backerkit a cut as well...and the postage costs move over to them to? - which I know with other Kickstarters, shipping costs a few months after the fact has caught some people offguard, upset and angry. I'd rather everything be upfront, so if you're happy with the shipping cost from the UK there and then, it's done with, and I can keep tabs on everything tracked. We did well with the first Issue in the fact that only one copy got lost from memory.

Any more questions or suggestions guys, ask away :)
I was only asking bout backerkit because I was unable to fund the Kickstarter and wanted to get my name in and couldn't because my card was being declined. I perhaps if I have to try to find a way to pay some other way if names being included in is a thing again.

I was only asking bout backerkit because I was unable to fund the Kickstarter and wanted to get my name in and couldn't because my card was being declined. I perhaps if I have to try to find a way to pay some other way if names being included in is a thing again.
We'll definitely be able to work something out if there's no solution within Kickstarter's platform. Just drop me a message on here at the time and i'll add your name to the list :)

We'll definitely be able to work something out if there's no solution within Kickstarter's platform. Just drop me a message on here at the time and i'll add your name to the list :)
Dope. you are awesome man. Thank you very much for everything that you do for the place and its fandom.

Hoy! I was wondering how things were coming along for issue #2?

No pressure whatsoever as you guys are knocking content out of the park! Just super excited to give you some more money (before I lose it all potentially buying a house!) :)

Hoy! I was wondering how things were coming along for issue #2?

No pressure whatsoever as you guys are knocking content out of the park! Just super excited to give you some more money (before I lose it all potentially buying a house!) :)
Not far away now. Save some of those pennies haha.

I said this earlier in the thread, but I just want to post it again that if the new Kickstarter has an option to buy a copy of Issue #1, as well, I will definitely pay for both - if you are able to reprint issue 1, logistically. :) Thanks for all you're doing!

I said this earlier in the thread, but I just want to post it again that if the new Kickstarter has an option to buy a copy of Issue #1, as well, I will definitely pay for both - if you are able to reprint issue 1, logistically. :) Thanks for all you're doing!
Same!

There will be a very limited tier where you can do just that.

I'm gonna be able to back this issue and get my name in it this time! Yes! can't wait!

Back