Premiering February 5th 2022 + New Trailer

Thanks!! Does anyone know how often each episode will release? I don't have any cartoon/anime streaming services so I want to get an idea on how long I may have to be subscribed. Also, is Crunchyroll or Adult Swim streaming services a lot like Netflix where you can just watch old episodes as much as you like on demand? Or is it like live tv at a scheduled time only?

Does anyone know if Shenmue Animation is getting a digital purchase option to own it outright digitally outside of streaming? Or even....wait for it....gasp....a bluray/dvd?
Think it's weekly? So will air from Feb 5th to April 30th, I believe.

Crunchyroll is watch whenever/however, so long as the episode has been released. There's also a free option supported by ads if you can't afford to subscribe, but we're hoping to show a big push for subs when Shenmue comes out to convince higher ups it's worth doing a second season.

Adult Swim access is based on your TV service provider if you're in supported territories like the US, I think.

No news on digital purchase or physical release yet, but if it's like Blade Runner: Black Lotus it should hit digital at least.

Also it's a big issue that the largest anime site has Shenmue: The Animation pending approval for months upon months now. People need to find this anime and many do so through myanimelist. They need to get their shit together because you can't find it by searching for it or anything, or add it to your lists.

Shenmue and being underpromoted, name a more iconic duo since 2000.

Still no word on how/where to watch this in Japan. I’m assuming it will premiere here on the same day as everywhere else, but the lack of information seems a little odd.

@Van Joel Sandwich @9dragons

You guys don't know what you're talking about. You haven't heard real, god level english voice acting. Don't worry, i got you covered.

Behold Wang san

No one can top this amazing dub

"How do you know my nammmme" " Are you japanesssssee" "Come tallkkk to meee"

LOL
Looooool, I love how Ryo mispronounces his own town's name and the Chinese guy gets it right 😂

Sega actually retweeted AdultSwims tweet with the new trailer :eek:
Pfft, better than nothing I guess, I had a feeling they wouldn't create a tweet themselves about it :ROFLMAO:

You guys don't know what you're talking about. You haven't heard real, god level english voice acting. Don't worry, i got you covered.

Behold Wang san

LOL
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What a fuck dude.... Shenmue 2 Eng dub is national treasure.

I allways remember the "who? me? " phrase xD

Behold Wang san

LOL

I see your awesome Wang and raise you the two greatest English dubs ever (both timestamped, but you can watch the whole thing for tons of awesomeness):

(dig the RHCP shirt :LOL:)

And the greatest of all:

Any idea if the episodes will be available all at once on CR so we can binge it? Or will they air week to week
We're guessing week to week to tie in with the weekly Toonami schedules.

I see your awesome Wang and raise you the two greatest English dubs ever (both timestamped, but you can watch the whole thing for tons of awesomeness):

(dig the RHCP shirt :LOL:)

And the greatest of all:

some of these characters are just hilarious dude.
just look at their faces hahaha
the dialougue is the cherry on top.

Yu san mad genius!

who, me?

I mean look at this shit! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
View attachment 13865
HAAAAAAAAAAAAA, what the hell is that loooooool

funny-kill-it-with-fire.gif

The shenmue 2 dub must be protected at all costs. How can you not love these npcs after hearing such nonsense lolllll

English is not my first language and for that perhaps I can't value some dubs properly, but the dubs of the games were always great to me. (Even japanese people played with the dub in US Shenmue) There are only two games of japanese companies that I play in both languages because I like dub and original equally, and those are Shenmue saga and Final Fantasy X.

The only bad thing in this to me is the aussence of Corey and company, but well, we have an anime that looks fantastic so I think we must be happy.

Ok, I'm crying with those videos but I'm sure that the intention of those NPC voices was to make us laugh xD.

Last edited:
Back