110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
By people who don't understand what the word "couple" means ;) Just like most people, including the media, misunderstand percentage and percentage points.

Haha, but in all seriousness, ok, I'm happy to admit I'm wrong on this one lol. I just think it's silly, to be honest. I have heard the argument before that it now can be used to refer to a small undefined amount of something and it just makes no sense to me. Why use a word that in its literal form, means two, when there is the word "few" that is only one syllable in length and more accurately describes an "indefinite small amount"?
Haha no problem.

The thing is, the authority about language are the people themselves.

So if tomorrow most people decided that "cake" now means "love", then we'll a ton of "I'm so in cake with [insert name]", that'd be so dumb, but we wouldn't be able to do anything, but accept it haha

And yeah, sometimes evolution of words and their meanings have no freaking sense lmao it can be infuriating. We have that with french with words who changed their meanings over time, to now means something completely different or even the exact opposite of what it once meant for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

About to go looking for this to blow my brains out after reading the last couple of pages.

jizQL1S.png

Haha no problem.

The thing is, the authority about language are the people themselves.

So if tomorrow most people decided that "cake" now means "love", then we'll a ton of "I'm so in cake with [insert name]", that'd be so dumb, but we wouldn't be able to do anything, but accept it haha

And yeah, sometimes evolution of words and their meanings have no freaking sense lmao it can be infuriating. We have that with french with words who changed their meanings over time, to now means something completely different or even the exact opposite of what it once meant for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Yeah, you are right and I do get it. I studied English Language and Linguistics, so learned a lot about the "fluid" mature of our language and how it evolves and changes all the time.

That said, "couple" being used to describe anything that can't be rounded down or up to 2 is still a pet peeve of mine and a hill I will die on :ROFLMAO:

It is a waste of energy to comment or care but I just hate the misinformation that gets spread around that Shenmue 3 was meant to conclude the games story. Like if these guys spent just one minute of research they will know it is a patent falsehood but it gets repeated ad nauseam.

It is a waste of energy to comment or care but I just hate the misinformation that gets spread around that Shenmue 3 was meant to conclude the games story. Like if these guys spent just one minute of research they will know it is a patent falsehood but it gets repeated ad nauseam.
I see this EVERYWHERE. Recently argued with someone about it on Resetera and informed them of as much and they still dug in, "Well, he should've known he'd never finish the series!" I have no idea where anyone heard Shenmue 3 would conclude anything. In all my years reading about these games, I never heard that.

I see this EVERYWHERE. Recently argued with someone about it on Resetera and informed them of as much and they still dug in, "Well, he should've known he'd never finish the series!" I have no idea where anyone heard Shenmue 3 would conclude anything. In all my years reading about these games, I never heard that.
Thats because poor state of journalism. Usually they dont inform checked info but we got opinion mercs and words-mixers

Anyways, I agree, we all need to have patience and chill out. Have a banana, guys.

Look, I have a "couple" of bananas here, help yourselves... ;)

bunch-of-bananas-hanging-at-a-market-stall-mysore-karnataka-india_2050673.jpg

Listen, I only wanted a couple bananas-- but this is clearly not a sufficient number to be a "couple." I don't know why you would offer "a 'couple' of bananas," when your choice of words most certainly implied this:

apple-truck-unloading.jpg

if anyone who speaks Russian is super bored tonight. I'll try to listen out for "Yu Suzuki." This is really long. Maybe he has something to say...

2 much unintelligible content for me.
Here's the automated transcription if you want to scan through it more efficiently, I'm cyrillic impaired but if any of you nerds are willing to spend a few moments searching...

Attachments

• Den of Rich.txt
    229.4 KB · Views: 10
There's a good chance it's a bunch of nothing. BE FOREWARNED. Just thought it might be of interest, esp. with regard ot what kind of company 110 is. The machine translation is too difficult to even make sense of.

Nah Shenmue 4 gotta come after all that teasing. I can't imagine Yu just casually saying nothing is concrete yet. Some of this falls on Yu to if nothing materialize out of it.

I gotta admit, "I'd like to make Shenmue 4 at some point" does not inspire confidence that the game is under development, I realize he may have said that prior to Shenmue 3's announcement, but that was different, Shenmue 3 never 'happened' until the Kickstarter was done. So he was technically right.

But with Shenmue 4's case, it wouldn't make sense to say that if the game is under active development (and seemingly on the verge of being announced).

I'm leaning more towards this being a new IP by Yu Suzuki. Why 110 are liking all the Shenmue 4 tweets? If I had to guess, they believe in "any publicity is good publicity", and also they realize Shenmue fans will probably gobble up anything by Yu (I don't think that's true, tho).

I sincerely hope I'm wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back