110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Alright, but the proof Koch/Deep Silver are out of Shenmue is some guy PMed somebody on the forum and gave them 'insider info.'. I've run into a lot of 'insiders' on the internet. I'm not convinced, at least to the point I'd start hyping up Sega and Microsoft publishing Shenmue 4. I'm not suggesting they're doing anything at all, either. I'm not casting my sights any higher than these types of companies, however. It's clear to me Shenmue IV will be a comparably-budgeted title to Shenmue III, based on past sales.

I think theres no proof that Deep Silver is out
but theres also no proof that they are still in.

I'm simply more on the they are out side because we didnt hear anything for a long time now.
And we live in times where something leaks somehow somewhere pretty much every week.
And sure, lets say only 50% of these leaks are true
but the thing is, there are zero leaks for a Deep Silver Shenmue 4.
Not even weird made up fourchan stories. No one heard anything.

So i dont know how realistic it is that Deep Silver never left the Shenmue ship
and they already figured out how to do Shenmue 4 in 2020 or 2021
but no one on the whole internet said a single word about that this whole time.
We are talking about a lot of involved people and a big range all from Japan over to EU.
Ys Net, Deep Silver, Koch Media, THQ Nordic. That sounds like a extremely well hidden secret
if they are actually working on it.

And then theres still the question about the 110 Industries tweets. Whats the deal with all of that
if Deep Silver is still there? Deep Silver doesnt fund or publish things with other publishers.
Deep Silver projects, are Deep Silver projects.

I think theres no proof that Deep Silver is out
but theres also no proof that they are still in.

I'm simply more on the they are out side because we didnt hear anything for a long time now.
And we live in times where something leaks somehow somewhere pretty much every week.
And sure, lets say only 50% of these leaks are true
but the thing is, there are zero leaks for a Deep Silver Shenmue 4.
Not even weird made up fourchan stories. No one heard anything.

So i dont know how realistic it is that Deep Silver never left the Shenmue ship
and they already figured out how to do Shenmue 4 in 2020 or 2021
but no one on the whole internet said a single word about that this whole time.
We are talking about a lot of involved people and a big range all from Japan over to EU.
Ys Net, Deep Silver, Koch Media, THQ Nordic. That sounds like a extremely well hidden secret
if they are actually working on it.

And then theres still the question about the 110 Industries tweets. Whats the deal with all of that
if Deep Silver is still there? Deep Silver doesnt fund or publish things with other publishers.
Deep Silver projects, are Deep Silver projects.

If it were Deep Silver we would've heard something by now. Cedric confirmed you have to get started right away while you have a team and assets in place. I just don't see a positive in shadow developing a franchise thats been dormant for 15 years. You need hype, rumors and speculation. Its been 3 years and as you say its been all radio silence.

Yeah. And you could argue that Deep Silver is also completely silent about a Kingdom Come sequel
even tho chances are extremely high that its in development - but there is a small but important difference.
Yes, Deep Silver never acknowledged that there is a sequel or anything
but they never stopped talking about Kingdom Come. They are still releasing sales numbers even this year
and just last year they announced a completely new port for the Switch.
So they clearly didnt left the ship, they just dont want to say anything about the sequel yet. Thats a big difference.

Can someone summ up who are these guys and why should we burn their entire buildings for tricking us?

Like Freddie said once replying to bad reviews about experimental Hot Space LP "We're playing around. Its just a fucking album for gods sake".
Entiendo, pero si ese llegaba a ser su último album, y resulta que gastó sus últimos cartuchos en él, yo me sentiría un poco disgustado como fan...

If YS last game is this arcade one to make some money, well, Idk, I wouldnt feel right about it. YS (and a lot of people) wanted to finish this series for such a long time and then... Yeah no, lets do this arcade that absolutely no YS/oldschool fan will play.

Can someone summ up who are these guys and why should we burn their entire buildings for tricking us?

Entiendo, pero si ese llegaba a ser su último album, y resulta que gastó sus últimos cartuchos en él, yo me sentiría un poco disgustado como fan...

If YS last game is this arcade one to make some money, well, Idk, I wouldnt feel right about it. YS (and a lot of people) wanted to finish this series for such a long time and then... Yeah no, lets do this arcade that absolutely no YS/oldschool fan will play.
I dont know where to start. You fried my brain, congratulations. Lets keep in english and save spanish for pm please. Otherwise just a few can follow us.
"Absolutely no YS/oldschool fan will play" You mean Air Twister? How is that? Its pure Yu Suzuki and oldschool vibes!

I dont know where to start. You fried my brain, congratulations. Lets keep in english and save spanish for pm please. Otherwise just a few can follow us.
"Absolutely no YS/oldschool fan will play" You mean Air Twister? How is that? Its pure Yu Suzuki and oldschool vibes!
My logic is: oldschoolers that lived that era + young curious people like me, we are talking about a target of 25-50 years old. Do these people play mobile games? I can see them with a console or a PC (or buying them, people here stopped playing in DC/PS2 era and bought a PS4 to play S3) but mobile... Idk.

Anyway still. I can enjoy Hot Space, but if you say its the last disc of Queen I'd be pissed off. Specially when you have Brian and Roger wanting to do something else...

Last edited:
They made it because Apple asked them to make an old-school arcade shooter, and I think they did a a pretty decent job of it. Yeah, it’d stink, but they need to keep the lights on if they want to make other games. I’ve always been happy to consider YS Net as a company that makes more than Shenmue, as a fan of Yu Suzuki’s and old Sega in general.

Been trying to reach out to Didyouknowgaming on YouTube to get them to do two episodes. One covering Yu Suzuki and one dedicated to Shenmue. If all of us can reach out to them on Twitter we might get those episodes. Let's get sweaty.

As long as they don't try to twist the epic games deal as yu suzuki being a scam artist, I'm all for it

My logic is: oldschoolers that lived that era + young curious people like me, we are talking about a target of 25-50 years old. Do these people play mobile games? I can see them with a console or a PC (or buying them, people here stopped playing in DC/PS2 era and bought a PS4 to play S3) but mobile... Idk.

Anyway still. I can enjoy Hot Space, but if you say its the last disc of Queen I'd be pissed off. Specially when you have Brian and Roger wanting to do something else...
Forgot to reply, sorry you can check temperature in Canary is very hot now and I feel dizzy. The peninsula got it worst but we in Canary are not so used to this nasty nights.
Im 35 and speaking for myself I play mobile games. I check very often a japanese publisher, G. Gear Inc which I totally recommend. But for the most I percieve the mobile catalog being of "lesser quality" speaking softly than the consoles/PC. Air Twister totally appeals to me, keep in mind I played Space Harrier and Afterburner in those places called arcades so Air Twister acts kind like a time travel switch. The oldschoolers + curious young people line sounded incredibly sexy on my own mind btw.

Forgot to reply, sorry you can check temperature in Canary is very hot now and I feel dizzy. The peninsula got it worst but we in Canary are not so used to this nasty nights.
Im 35 and speaking for myself I play mobile games. I check very often a japanese publisher, G. Gear Inc which I totally recommend. But for the most I percieve the mobile catalog being of "lesser quality" speaking softly than the consoles/PC. Air Twister totally appeals to me, keep in mind I played Space Harrier and Afterburner in those places called arcades so Air Twister acts kind like a time travel switch. The oldschoolers + curious young people line sounded incredibly sexy on my own mind btw.
Well I insist, its not the Shenmue's players target.

Anyway my message basicaly is: ffs just fucking release S4 plz.

Well I insist, its not the Shenmue's players target.

Anyway my message basicaly is: ffs just fucking release S4 plz.
Hey Im also Shenmue target! XD
I know its hard to wait without a single solid clue but listen to your heart: S4 is coming. Birds told me. Just give Yu-san a chance ;p
Meanwhile we should be smelling the flowers while we can.

Back