Naomi Library - 3D Models Modding [Shenmue 2 - Dreamcast]

Naomi Library is one of the internal formats developed by AM2 division, extensively used by SEGA between 1999-2001 in Naomi arcade hardware and Dreamcast.

We are talking about games such as Marvel VS Capcom 2, Crazy Taxi, Shenmue 2, F355, Daytona, The House of The Dead 2, Dead or Alive 2 and a large number of other titles you can find here!

This plugin currently imports models from SEGA Naomi/Dreamcast games using this format.

After completing the importer, we're setting our sights on an exporter!
Our goal? To create new custom content for multiple games!

---

With the importer side getting on the last phase, last week I've looked into Naomi SDK tools and export options.
Since Naomi SDK tools cannot output NaomiLib .bin format used in games, I had to find an alternative for RE and testing:

Here comes HRCV Tool GUI v1.0!
It will convert .hrb/.pol to commercial NaomiLib .bin format used in games!

MEUv8eR.png

Here you can see Shenmue2 Dreamcast modding at work!

DoA2:

@VincentNL are animations scheduled in NaomiLib awesome project future? I'm specially interested in Virtua Fighter 3 motions. Anyhow, its great in the current state.

NaomiLibrary does not have a "standard" motion format, so basically each game needs to be reverse engineered separately on the motion side.

On the bright side, we are experimenting complex modifications such as new stages in DOA2 and here's the result of Esppiral:

2024-03-07-09-51.png

2024-03-09-16-25.png

Back