Shenmusings (My Shenmue Blog) - UPDATED 04/03/23 - Have You Seen Me? Possibly Missing NPC in Shenmue II

PSN
sppeac1987
Copy/paste from the old forums ftw! :p (Expect new content very soon!)
cropped-shenmusings-banner-notext1.png
http://shenmusings.wordpress.com

Hi all! I've recently started my own Shenmue blog. I am intending this blog to be my space to share my thoughts, reflections, trivia and little known facts about the series - writing is the other passion I have in life, and I have wanted to somehow combine these passions for a long time now, hence Shenmusings. Some posts will get into my own personal history of the series, and of course my experiences with this very forum.

I hope you find the blog informative and enlightening to read - here are all of the posts I have made so far:

Discovering Shenmue (Part 1 of 2)
Discovering Shenmue (Part 2 of 2)
The Shenmue II Character Database
Antiquity Trees and Flower Girls: Symbolism in Shenmue (Part 1 of 2)
Antiquity Trees and Flower Girls: Symbolism in Shenmue (Part 2 of 2)
Men in Black Mix Up
The Phantom Teahouse Lady (And Other Devious Guidebook Lies)
Mundane Over Magic? (Shenmue III Ending Analysis)
A Tangled Web of (Blue) Spiders
Naming Red Snakes
Shenmue III Character Database - Release and making of!
Shenmue III Unused Dialogue - Ren Playable in Bailu?
Shenmue II Game Jam Prototype - Launch of Research and Differences Page!
The Phantom Teahouse Lady: Redux

Shenmue the Animation recaps/reviews
Shenmue the Animation - Episode recaps coming soon (and trailer thoughts)
Shenmue the Animation Ep #1 'Thunderclap' recap and review
Shenmue the Animation Ep #2 'Daybreak' recap and review
Shenmue the Animation Ep #3 'Yin-Yang' recap and review
Shenmue the Animation Ep #4 'Shackles' recap and review
Shenmue the Animation Ep #5 'Equal' recap and review
Shenmue the Animation Ep #6 'Dignified' recap and review
Shenmue the Animation Ep #7 'Future' recap and review
Shenmue the Animation Ep #8 'Aspiration' recap and review
Shenmue the Animation Ep #9 'Distinct' recap and review
Shenmue the Animation Ep #10 'Comeback' recap and review
Shenmue the Animation Ep #11 'Entangled' recap and review
Shenmue the Animation Ep #12 'Guidepost' recap and review
Shenmue the Animation Ep #13 'Shenmue' recap and review

LATEST POST:

Have You Seen Me? Possibly Missing NPC in Shenmue II

Also, keep up to date via the Shenmusings Facebook and Twitter pages:
Facebook
Twitter

Last edited:
The blog still lives! Some thoughts and ponderings on Shenmue III's ending, inspired by discussion of this on the forum:

Also thanks again for finding the interview link, @BalHan !

Last edited:
It's been a while again - however lockdown has given me the time to finally write up this post, about the naming confusion of two Blue Spiders members in S3:

Thanks again to @LemonHaze in his assistance in figuring this out! Stay tuned for a follow-up post clearing up the name confusion of the Red Snakes :)

Another new post! Here is the follow up to last week's post, clearing up who is who in the Red Snakes:

Thanks again to @LemonHaze , and also @Rydeen , @Switch and @SalsaShark in making this easier to figure out!

Just finished reading these. Great to finally have those characters cleared up! I'm glad you were able to find names for all four lesser thugs too. It's amazing what answers lie hidden in the game files sometimes.

Just finished reading these. Great to finally have those characters cleared up! I'm glad you were able to find names for all four lesser thugs too. It's amazing what answers lie hidden in the game files sometimes.
Thanks man, and thank you for finding that Wu Shen Hall scene! That was what really clinched it for me that Lu is the bigger guy. And the detail about various shopkeeper’s ranking at the hall was cool to know too, it will be included in my S3 Character database (coming soon!) 😎

Back