Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Rocket League
Anyone else seen the trailer?

Lot's of talking points, very sad to see Danny Craig go 😥

- A new 00?
- Is Malek Dr No?
- Is this starting the origins of Bond all over again?
- How will Craig bow out?
- Who will be the next Bond ..... Pattinson, Hardy, Fassbender?

images

Last edited:
Anyone else seen the trailer?

Lot's of talking points, very sad to see Danny Craig go 😥

- A new 00?
- Is Ramek Dr No?
- Is this starting the origins of Bond all over again?
- How will Craig bow out?
- Who will be the next Bond ..... Pattinson, Hardy, Fassbender?

1. That's fine; Trevelyan and the Clown from Octopussy (00...2, IIRC?) were also 00s, so no biggie.
2. You mean Rami Malek? Who's Ramek? He will probably be his own character, as Dr. No had no facial disfigurements; simply claws as hands (metal hands in the film).
3. Hard to tell, but I would think they are expanding on the books/original films.
4. Don't think he actually will; theink it'll just end and a new Bond will be in the next film (as it should be and always has).
5. Your guess is a good as mine!

I don't really care; aside from Connery, I haven't had an issue with any Bond. Just too bad SC was the first, because if you compare him to the books and all that, he's far from great.

Craig is the best Bond (I feel) and truest to the books (by far), so unless they get someone even more perfect, its all downhill from here, character-wise.

1. That's fine; Trevelyan and the Clown from Octopussy (00...2, IIRC?) were also 00s, so no biggie.
2. You mean Rami Malek? Who's Ramek? He will probably be his own character, as Dr. No had no facial disfigurements; simply claws as hands (metal hands in the film).
3. Hard to tell, but I would think they are expanding on the books/original films.
4. Don't think he actually will; theink it'll just end and a new Bond will be in the next film (as it should be and always has).
5. Your guess is a good as mine!

I don't really care; aside from Connery, I haven't had an issue with any Bond. Just too bad SC was the first, because if you compare him to the books and all that, he's far from great.

Craig is the best Bond (I feel) and truest to the books (by far), so unless they get someone even more perfect, its all downhill from here, character-wise.

Re Ramek, you've just discovered how my mind works, I've combined Rami and Malek into one word .....

Great responses to the points btw 👍

I figured you meant his full name, but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't someone else named Ramek! lol

To expand a bit on 1, I'm actually indifferent on the addition of a 00; Trevelyan was supposed be an older, mentor-type, so it would've made a bit more sense, but Trevelyan just seems like a typical villain, as opposed to a former 00 (friggin', BRILLIANT, typical villain, mind you).

While 00...2 (IIRC, lol), didn't have a ton of screentime to establish anything, but I think a quick snippet like in Octopussy, is the best way to bring in a 00, otherwise Bond gets too little exposure and screentime (much more apt in the Craig films, as the older films basically had Bond in EVERY scene of the film, sans a handful or less).

I have a major passion for the series, in case you're wondering ;) lol

I figured you meant his full name, but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't someone else named Ramek! lol

To expand a bit on 1, I'm actually indifferent on the addition of a 00; Trevelyan was supposed be an older, mentor-type, so it would've made a bit more sense, but Trevelyan just seems like a typical villain, as opposed to a former 00 (friggin', BRILLIANT, typical villain, mind you).

While 00...2 (IIRC, lol), didn't have a ton of screentime to establish anything, but I think a quick snippet like in Octopussy, is the best way to bring in a 00, otherwise Bond gets too little exposure and screentime (much more apt in the Craig films, as the older films basically had Bond in EVERY scene of the film, sans a handful or less).

I have a major passion for the series, in case you're wondering ;) lol

No I'm super happy that you're a massive fan, it means this thread has life! Again great points my friend.

Another point I wanted to mention was the Danny Boyle script and why he left? Rumours had it down as something to do with casting differences, I even heard something to say he was going to kill off Bond!?

I'm just glad they appear to be continuing the sequel nature of this Bond era. I was worried this was going to be a standalone like Skyfall and mostly ignore the events in the prior films, but regardless of the reception to Spectre, it seems this film is closely linked to it.

New villain looks cool but kind of wish Waltz was still the primary villain because despite Spectre disappointing me, his Blofeld was great. Hell I'd even bring back Mr. Hinx.

As for the new Bond, I think with Pattinson being Batman now, maybe his chances to be Bond will be lower. I'd LOVE Tom Hardy but I can see him doing something weird with the role like he does for all his parts and end up being divisive for the fanbase. Good call on Fassbender though. I quite like that too.

EDIT: Wait what about Idris Elba? I think he'd be a great Bond. He already has the swagger.

Last edited:
I think I'm gonna watch it when it comes to theaters. Never been a huge 007 fan but I've always kind of liked the films.

Plus there only seems to be marvel and Star Wars in theaters at the moment which I both loathe. So a 007 film is a welcome breath of fresh air.

Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever and anyone will be a step down from here but I think both Michael Fassbinder and Tom Hardy would be good choices.

Yes quite looking forward to this film now, despite all the production issues it’s had. Will be sad to see Daniel Craig vacate the role but he’s had a good innings.

Certainly hope Lashana Lynch’s character keeps the 00 agent role and the series pushes on with a BAME female protagonist. It’s high time the 007 franchise had a major shake up.

Back