110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a tangent, it is worth noting that Kingdom Hearts was supposedly finished after III, but the fourth was announced today.

So never say never.

I was a weekend away.... WHAT IS HAPPENING :love::love::love::love::love: Excitement
There might be a potential deal on a shenmue IV game between yu suzuki and 110industries. All signs look positive so far. Noone has debunked, dismissed or denied the reports/articles online but rather doing the opposite by liking them instead. Apparently yu might of been at tgs last year trying to pitch shenmue 4 and might of been successful. Noone knows if it's certain or gauranteed. Just little teases on twitter by 110industries. Just seems like a funny time for a rumour like this to pop up when the anime is over in 3 weeks. :)

Last edited:
This is a spicy rumor. 👀

Its the year of "4s" in gaming.
Kingdom Hearts 4 just announced
Resident Evil 4 Remake is in the works and will probably be announced soon.
Shenmue 4 announcement please.

As a tangent, it is worth noting that Kingdom Hearts was supposedly finished after III, but the fourth was announced today.

So never say never.
Not to go off topic but a Kingdom Hearts 4 was never in doubt. KH3 "ended" the Darkseeker saga but had plenty of lore thats tied to future games and the next arc. I had doubts that the newest game announced would be "4" though. Usually there are a few nonnumbered entries in between the numbered games. Kh4 is really KH13.

Shenmue 4 however is a long shot but this rumor seems legit enough to be true. Hopefully its announced soon.

Even if this ultimately ends up being nothing noteworthy, I just think it's cool that we finally have our first BIG Shenmue IV rumour to talk about.

The uneasy excitement and uncertainty just now almost makes me nostalgic for the pre-Shenmue III times haha

I just hook up at this... wow. I can't see any other different read possible to that than "We've been talking with Suzuki sensei about Shenmue IV". Its not teasing but a declaration. The mistery is what had been discussed? Is it under development and talked about publishing or just shared some mechanics for a future development (that "making it more focused for casual players")? But something that strikes me, isn't there secrecy policies to prevent things like "Oh yeah we've been talking about Shenmue IV"? Too many questions, I suppose we'll have to sit and wait. Remember, patience, focus on the falling leaves.

Note to 110 Industries: If this is some kind of maneuver to gain visibility in social media, from the moment I learn there's no shenmu fo'mei your games R NO-GO fo'mei.

Hell, even a respected website like Push Square is talking about it!

It's gaining a bit of traction when it could've easily died out!! And I love it's the Dojo's tweet that keeps popping up in relation to this.

Hell, even a respected website like Push Square is talking about it!

It's gaining a bit of traction when it could've easily died out!! And I love it's the Dojo's tweet that keeps popping up in relation to this.

Again--these aren't really "minor" websites starting to cover this story anymore. The fact that they still continue to engage, tease and not come out to debunk it is a good sign, though they could at any point.. I just feel they would've debunked the moment the traction began.

Again--these aren't really "minor" websites starting to cover this story anymore. The fact that they still continue to engage, tease and not come out to debunk it is a good sign, though they could at any point.. I just feel they would've debunked the moment the traction began.
Exactly. If there was no truth to any rumour whether its centered around a game, film, series etc you would immediately put false or no truth to it, especially if these websites are tagging and referencing you as the potential partner/publisher to proposed project, but they're doing the opposite. They can dismiss this at anytime, correct but even if they did it's at the stage where people wouldn't believe them they already said far too much when saying "guess why he was at our tgs stream". And putting "no comment" underneath gamerant article hasn't helped either. It's worth keep an eye on. I'll be interested to see if something else comes up in the next week or so. Even though it's shrouded in uncertainty it's still exciting.

This is definitely encouraging, but I have to stay cautiously optimistic due to how often we've gotten burned.

If true, my main concern would be if 110 would have the capital to give Shenmue IV the budget it needs (like a few folks have said in this thread), or if they have a good network of outsourcing partners. It's reasons like this that I hope there's some sort of co-publishing deal with 110 and Sega, though that's highly unlikely.

Believing this for a second, I hope this is the final game in the series. I would want them to finish before the anime catches up.

I think it would be wonderful news that Suzuki gets his chance to finish the series, after the ripping it's got over the last two years. I don't mind people not enjoying 3, I generally meant those who haven't played it, but jump on the hate train.

Another interesting time here at the dojo.

My take is that it's either Shenmue 4 or something new. Suzuki gave the industry a ton back in the earlier days of gaming. Anymore though... he's known only for Shenmue. A new project from him is less likely but not impossible.

I won't hold my breath but expect that this is about as good a time as any to announce the 4th game.

I really think this is happening, call me naive but Yu Suzuki was in their press conference. That in my opinion gives them more credence than otherwise. And them being extra on the nose actually makes sense if you look at it from the perspective of a relatively new studio getting a gaming legend on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back