Not open for further replies.

Jibby

🍇
Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
the waiting game.
Seen a lot of discussion about this in Random Thoughts and thought it was thread worthy.

110 Industries have been doing a lot of Shenmue related teasing lately:

SrRVfXP.png

Not only that, but they've also been liking all the hyped reactions on Twitter, and started following the Dojo account too.

Obviously this could all literally just be a tease without anything coming to fruition, but it does make me wonder what exactly is happening behind closed doors.

With Shenmue never say never. I don’t know why but I feel like this is teasing without any substance but would love to be wrong.

I always thought Suzuki best source of funding was similar to Fumito Ueda getting Epic games to finance their next project especially since they were using their engine and technology.

With Shenmue never say never. I don’t know why but I feel like this is teasing without any substance but would love to be wrong.

I always thought Suzuki best source of funding was similar to Fumito Ueda getting Epic games to finance their next project especially since they were using their engine and technology.
Perhaps 110 is one of several companies throwing money into the pot? With Yu reportedly asking for $20m+, some sort of co-financing scheme might actually suit potential investors. Granted, that approach does limit potential returns quite a bit, but it also minimizes risk, which will likely be an important factor for any interested parties given the series’ history.

That said, for a relatively new company like 110, I wonder whether Shenmue might be seen as more of a prestige project than a potential money spinner anyway. Shenmue 4 would really help to get their name out there, which, looking at their Twitter follower count and how little press coverage Wanted: Dead has received so far, could be worth a hell of a lot more to the company in the long run than the cost of Shenmue 4.

Of course, I still maintain that Shenmue 4 could be a critical and commercial success if handled correctly, so for a publisher with confidence in their own ability to manage a project, it shouldn’t be seen as too much of a risk.

Yeah they're liking anything and everything around it atm.

Lol watch the internet explode.

I'm telling ya the week the anime ends is gonna be like pulling teeth for info. Season 2? Shenmue 4?

Dream scenario S4 is announced and S2 of the anime is Disc 4 of Shenmue 2 and all of Shenmue III, fleshed out to an absurd degree.

It's so weird having 2 mediums in the same property conflicted for story reasons !

I am cautiously and deliciously excited, because i'm pretty certain 110 know what they're doing (they must know fucking around with Shenmue fans is not a good idea), but on the other hand, i'm thinking about the whole 'Abandoned' Blue Box debacle, so trying to keep expectations in check.

That said, this bit from the Game Rant article gives me hope:

1649353409662.png

And it seems to be getting a little traction; there's at least 5 articles about this already.

EDIT: And one from a website I recognise!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back