110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
they would’ve been silenced by now

here’s what their first title currently looks like.

I believe it’s ex team ninja or even Itagaki behind development?

110 Industries is a London based publisher. The Japanese company Soleil is the developer of this game.

Yes, they’re a publisher.

They are people from the original Ninja Gaiden 2 (Yoshifuru Okamoto and Hiroaki Matsui IIRC), plus some others but no Itagaki.
Is that a good or bad thing? I know people absolutely hated the third game and he wasn’t involved. He’s always seemed like a good friend or acquaintance of YS.

They are from Switzerland, not London. It says Switzerland on their Youtube and Twitter page,
their official website link is .ch (Switzerland) and their email contact is a german / swiss name.

It does seem like they’re heavily backed by Russian money, which seems a little disconcerting considering current events.

It does seem like they’re heavily backed by Russian money, which seems a little disconcerting considering current events.
Sounds like Shenmue - plenty of ammo for haters lol

“Shenmue killed the Dreamcast!”
“Shenmue II was a failure on Xbox!”
“Shenmue III had a deal with Epic, what a slap in the face to fans!”
“Shenmue IV is backed by Russian blood money!”

We have the anime still showing which has given shenmue a new lease of life it has gained some new fans from it's run, let's not forget that yu suzuki will also get a return investment what with being the executive producer. That's money. Shenmue 3 though has been labelled a bad game didn't really fail, it did "fine" said deep silver it made some profits not the ideal amount but still made some. That's more money. If publishers are indeed getting on board that's a little more for the pot. There's something definitely brewing behind closed doors somewhere and it will be coming our way in the near future. Look at what is currently happening we have the anime. We have the new sega Ryo statue. We have the LP's Shipping out. To quote Yu himself he "hopes to have something to announce this year". This juicy rumour is now cropping up and the individuals it's linked to are now following the dojo on twitter, liking comments and replying to a select a few they have yet to officially deny the reports. If someone is lying about you and it's all over net you'd want to put an end to it and they don't seem in a hurry to do so instead they're playing along and running with it which is suspicious in itself. There is having fun on the internet and then there's taking the piss and i personally believe this is the start of something bigger to come for us fans. Maybe I'm hoping too much or putting to much into this but my fingers and toes are forever crossed for IV. Until then I'll binge the anime, keep revisiting the games and hang with my local suits, sailors, bikers, angels and yellowheads😂🍺 hope you guys are all doing well. :)

Last edited:
Sounds like Shenmue - plenty of ammo for haters lol

“Shenmue killed the Dreamcast!”
“Shenmue II was a failure on Xbox!”
“Shenmue III had a deal with Epic, what a slap in the face to fans!”
“Shenmue IV is backed by Russian blood money!”
That's kinda what I'm thinking, but I can't say it's not a little worrying either. From what I can tell, the big money (Abramovich) seems to be trying to push for peace at least.

Don't forget, "THQ Nordic are child abusing racists." That one was actually preposterous and completely blown out of proportion.

Going on 110 Industries' Twitter page and clikcing 'likes' has them liking all sorts of articles about the rumours...

I really want to believe this is leading to something as the alternative is too bloody cruel. That said...with the anime livestream coming up shortly, are the stars aligning do you think?

The rumour is gaining a little traction; Google has about 10 articles over the last day or so.

I feel like their reply to that question was a little more specific than the usual sort of reply someone would leave if they are really doing nothing Shenmue related. Because why reply with something like that unless you just want to be a troll (and why do that??).

Cautious optimism from me at this point.. been burned too many times in the past 20 years :sweatsmile: Like mentioned already though there is that livestreaming thing coming up at the end of the month in Yokosuka, you never know.

Guys there's no way around it, they're specifically teasing Shenmue IV rumors.

They can't just mess with us like that, right?
Sure, anyone can mess with someone. But pulling at the heartstrings of a community as fervent as Shenmue's without something coming is a risky move for a relatively unknown publisher.

Too much smoke here.

On top of that, kind of disrespectful to Yu Suzuki after he introduced them at the last TGS. I'd certainly hope they're not messing around with us or him.

I mean it could be still something like 'we got Yu Suzuki on board
because he pitched us this smaller new project
and we are just letting his fans on the internet guess what it is to get some hype.'
Its possible that they think that this mystery speculation campaign works
better than some dull straight forward announcement.
I dont think thats a good idea at all but i think its still a possible scenario.
Maybe they think their new project announcement is gonna be so good that its not going to disappoint that many people.
Wild mysterious speculation gains more clicks, attention and interest than a simple quick
'Hey look Yu Suzuki is making this other project with us.'
I dont know, still dont know what to think about this situation.

Any spotlight Yu is getting is a good thing somehow. Even if the new project he is working on them has nothing to do with Shenmue. If they like the other game he is making for them they might be interested in helping him out with S4.

So this collaboration might help to make S4 a reality.

Time will tell.

It's hard for me to trust any news surrounding Shenmue if it didn't come from Yu or someone close to the franchise. This honestly has me believing this might be real. Whats the chances of the Shenmue anime wrapping up in a few weeks and now we have a publisher openly taunting us about Yu and Shenmue 4. I don't think Yu would let a company he's associated with freely mock fans about a franchise that means so much. 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Hmm. Not sure what to think here. But it has me hopeful for something, whereas a week ago I would have said Shenmue 4 had no chance, despite the renewed interest in IP that the anime may be causing.

It seems nonsensical for a publisher to tease something so heavily if there was no truth to it, but it also seems nonsensical to tease the game in this way rather than just announcing it...unless the announcement is very imminent. If a couple months go by and nothing happens, I'll probably forget about this.

While obviously unrelated, can't help but think of the adventure series Syberia that had two successful games in early 2000s, a 3rd entry in 2017 that was almost universally panned, and then a 4th entry that just came out last month that is being really well received as a return to form for the series. Anything is possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back