110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
So makes me wonder if they been visiting the dojo as well?
gV1zayA.jpg
LOLOLOL XD you both dynamically generated this wonderful moment XD

Their recent likes section is literally all Shenmue IV. Nevermind a mad lad temp could be getting fired, there would be fucking murders if this turned out to be nothing.
I thought similar prior the russian connection, now i fear they can lie and kill us if we protest

edit: sorry i double posted twice today :S can i fix it?

I thought similar prior the russian connection, now i fear they can lie and kill us if we protest

edit: sorry i double posted twice today :S can i fix it?
They aren't worried about it as it's not constant I believe. But as far as the comment about us making that great moment. I would like to award @Jibby with the Dojo Oscar for hitting that out of the park. I mean I legit cackled like a mad man as soon as I saw it.

They're claiming they're not liking everything to do with this rumour but each and everytime i personally browse the newsfeed on twitter and this speculation is in an article or fellow fans tag them in posts involving this buzz 9 times out of 10 they're underneath it. I honestly don't know who they're trying to fool even their ceo had liked some of these posts that are in circulation. It's a funny situation. I don't know what they're ideas are here or what their end game is...it's easy to have theories, speculate and guess but I'm stumped on this whole 110industries thing. The only way to know for sure is when they decide to speak/communicate but I would of thought they'd do that while everything was fresh out in the mill and hot on the net. I'm personally just going to sit on the bench and watch how this all plays out. I was positive initially but 50/50 at the moment.

I'm simply enjoying the the idea that Shenmue IV still generates interest and clicks. That appears to be somewhat true based on multiple sites picking up this news. I am in on building hype even if this comes crashing down. The anime's about to finish, after a successful season, and people are hyped for Shenmue IV. I feel the magic in the air and want to capitalize.
While a bit busy for a few days (pardon late response), I think there's something fair to your point and my comment wasn't directed at you personally. I hope it wasn't taken as such-- on the record, I tend to find your takes pretty level headed.

To your point, I think it's natural to be swept up in the hype, but I admit I'm just hesitant/guarded. We Shenmue fans are a rattled folk! I have a tempered hope we'll see S4 (and indeed, this seems a promising time to announce it), but I just wanted to groan some carefulness vs. fueling vibes on fumes. Again, may I be proven wrong!

I keep coming back to see if this thread has jumped 20 pages since the last time I check. If I see a huge jump I’ll immediately know “Nice, they announced it.”

Too much teasing. You feel like something has to come of this at this point, it's been going on for too many days and if it was fake, somebody would have put a stop to it by now.

I'm going to take a guess and say they are building up to an announcement soon. I wouldn't be surprised if we get an announcement when the final episode of the anime airs. It would be the perfect time to gain maximum attention.

The end of the anime would be the ideal and right time to announce it, because you get the fresh eyes who've watched and enjoyed the anime immediately turn to an upcoming game version. Focus on that momentum and capitalise on any and all hype from it. There's no better time from a business/marketing stand point.

Last edited:
Thinking about it though getting a franchise with a rabid in built fanbase must be a dream for an up and coming publisher.

If the anime is pulling in around 250k from midnight screenings in the US alone then there must be a ton of people watching it on demand in the US and the rest of the world. Live TV is old business for so many people so I'd put money on streaming figures being better than TV viewings. So many potential new fans. The anime is putting the franchise back in a positive light following the underserved hard criticism following part III but the beauty of the anime is it's getting people involved in the mystery of the story which has been the pull for many of us for two decades (and why we were more forgiving off Shenmue 3's gameplay shortcomings)

Even if this 110 stuff is just hot air it shows that the brand still makes headlines which can only be a good thing. As much as I like the look off wanted dead it's bloody hard to establish a new IP these days so I can see why they would want a prestige title to bring eyes to their brand

It all makes good sense to me

Last edited:
Thinking about it though getting a franchise with a rabid in built franchise must be a dream for an up and coming publisher.

If the anime is pulling in around 250k from midnight screenings in the US alone then there must be a ton of people watching it on demand in the US and the rest of the world. Live TV is old business for so many people so I'd put money on streaming figures being better than TV viewings. So many potential new fans. The anime is putting the franchise back in a positive light following the underserved hard criticism following part III but the beauty of the anime is it's getting people involved in the mystery of the story which has been the pull for many of us for two decades (and why we were more forgiving off Shenmue 3's gameplay shortcomings)

Even if this 110 stuff is just hot air it shows that the brand still makes headlines which can only be a good thing. As much as I like the look off wanted dead it's bloody hard to establish a new IP these days so I can see why they would want a prestige title to bring eyes to their brand

It all makes good sense to me
A lot of people are saying the anime should finish the story and dismiss the game format, so there's still a unpleasant vibe discussing Shenmue at the moment.

A lot of people are saying the anime should finish the story and dismiss the game format, so there's still a unpleasant vibe discussing Shenmue at the moment.
The anime is good don't get me wrong it's done wonders for the series in quality and numbers, but in my opinion shenmue started as a game and rightfully should end as one.

This is pure speculation, just throwing a question on air to ride on the hype: Let say this is happening and we are at expenses of the announcement day. What about a marketing stunt? Assuming this is real, they've seen us implode. What if they use Shenmue lore (ingame story dates) to obliterate internet?
My brain is mcflurry right now so if you people are feeling good: Are we near of some key date in Shenmue own plot?

This morning I stepped into the cafeteria and arranged some cups in chawan sign.

The anime is good don't get me wrong it's done wonders for the series in quality and numbers, but in my opinion shenmue started as a game and rightfully should end as one.
Why not both? I wouldn’t mind having two versions of this story he told in their entirety. Hell, maybe the anime could make up for areas cut from the game. Maybe Baisha could be a thing in the anime since it probably won’t be in IV going forward (pending)

I wouldn’t mind having two versions play out in parallel.

I do mostly want this series to end as a game though. That I agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back