110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the website...if you go to SEGA.com, they have 'brands" listed at the bottom of the page. Every single website works, except for Shenmue and Valkyria. Valkyria links right back to SEGA.com, and Shenmue brings up the 503 error.

About the website...if you go to SEGA.com, they have 'brands" listed at the bottom of the page. Every single website works, except for Shenmue and Valkyria. Valkyria links right back to SEGA.com, and Shenmue brings up the 503 error.
They're either prepping something or simply don't care about Shenmue. If this happened before the anime and all this "Shenmue Project" stuff, my money would 100% be on don't care, but now I'd place 65% on don't care, 35% on prepping.

They're either prepping something or simply don't care about Shenmue. If this happened before the anime and all this "Shenmue Project" stuff, my money would 100% be on don't care, but now I'd place 65% on don't care, 35% on prepping.
Yeah, like i Said before, it is exactly those kind of little coincidence that are driving me banana... I mean, this is a small thing tbh in normal time. It's something where you could very well guess that they don't care or something. But that it happens exactly at this time with all the other little coincidence here and there happening at the same time... It's too weird.

I dont know. I mean its not impossible but i dont really see the connections between 110 Industries, Shenmue 4 and Sega.
The Shenmue 3 product website was made by Deep Silver, its not a Sega website
even tho its still listed as a original Sega game, the IP Shenmue (of course).
The Sega Shenmue website is for Shenmue 1 & 2. The Shenmue Link Kickstarter site is made by YS Net.

So why should Sega create a Shenmue 4 website now when perhaps 110 Industries is the publisher?
Why should Sega create a Shenmue 4 website for another publisher?
'Here look at this Shenmue game that we have nothing to do with'
And then again, this whole license / IP 'problem'. So Sega is creating a official Shenmue 4 website for 110 Industries
but then its still not going to have original Sega licensed content in the actual game
because its a game made by 110 Industries?

That sounds a bit chaotic. If its the same scenario as with Shenmue 3, then surely 110 Industries
would be responsible for a Shenmue 4 website if they want to add a Shenmue 4 website, no?
I dont see how this could be a real scenario
except if Sega would actually be involved in the developing process.
But then theres another problem. Why isnt Sega the publisher and distributor for the game?
Pretty sure they have way more partners and range in that category. 110 Industries doesnt have a single release.
Is 110 Industries just a sponsor?
I dont know. Maybe its some coop project but would Sega really co develop a brand new official Shenmue game
with a completely new publisher with whom they never worked with before?
That doesnt really sound realistic.

Its a weird situation. The puzzle pieces dont really fit yet.

Last edited:
About digging the bottom of the barrel...

There's a Japanese girl (I guess, from the twitter name. Could be his GF, dunno), that chose to reply Esra Krabbe's secret Shenmue-looking project announcement TODAY. His tweet is almost 5 months old.

And she comments the picture by saying : "I want to enjoy a walk in the club !"

It could be nothing, but I continue to think the announcement is set to happen during the YouTube stream tomorrow 🤔

if the t shirt was white and the bag was green that would've been a huge clue.... but there is a tiger on the wall (i know its the year of the tiger but could still be a nod to the jacket)

if the t shirt was white and the bag was green that would've been a huge clue.... but there is a tiger on the wall (i know its the year of the tiger but could still be a nod to the jacket)

If the t-shirt was white and the bag green, wouldn't it be too obvious for a teasing ?
Esra is the main Shenmue representative on Japan and probably it's biggest fan. Hope is high for tomorrow ! 😉

Last edited:
I'd rather a beat 'em up like the S3 Battle Rally DLC or 2D ala streets of rage.

I can't imagine a game that focuses so much on martial arts being turn-based.

I could see a fighting system like the ones you see in the Batman Arkham series. The same system was used in Sleeping Dogs, which also has martial arts as an important feature in the game (maybe not as important as Shenmue, but still), and it worked pretty well and is way easier to develop than a full combat system based on VS Gaming, which require alot of balancing and rythm. And fighting system like that is easy to develop too, because many games uses such a system, so you could "copy" easily how it was done...

But, if they got the budget, I'm pretty sure they could use the base of Shenmue 3 fighting system, which, while imperfect as a system (imo), still has a pretty solid base to work upon to then create a really good fighting system with a few tweaks here and there.

Too bad ! 😞
Thanks for your insight, Peter !
Sorry dude. Just rather not let you get your hopes up about something.

I don't know if the Anime livestream would be a good place to announce it. It seems to be more like an anime celebration in Japan. Plus, they have just begun the series, whereas we are ahead, and almost wrapping it up.

But it is part of a good Shemue weekend, with the end of the anime in the west, and the supposed announcement from 110i. There's good reason to be excited. But like I've been adamant about, I am staying firmly on the ground for this one.

Honestly I love turn based combat. I think yakuza 7 was much better as a result. I know im in the minority there though.

We got a big shenmue weekend ahead of us. We should hopefully have more clarity by monday... I hope
You know what? Controversial opinion, but I would take it over S3's combat.

With 110 Industries saying 'in the next couple of weeks',
the live stream probably focusing on the anime in the Japan region only,
and the Sega website randomly going offline

I think it only seems like there is a connection
but looking closely on all of the different infos,
it seems more like this is just some kind of coincidence.
Of course its not a coincidence that all this stuff is about Shenmue, everyone can see that,
but i'm not convinced that all of these events are connected to a Shenmue 4 announcement
in the anime livestream event with a new Shenmue 4 website presented by Sega.

So i'm not gonna count on some big YS Net, Sega, 110 Industries coop live stream event reveal.
It doesnt sound realistic. Its the 'it sounds too good to be true' scenario.

Last edited:
It's interesting times. I decided to look a little bit into 110i and their Wanted: Dead project. It seems it's classified as a "AAA love letter to the sixth generation of consoles".

I find that particular bit interesting, because it makes me wonder if, indeed, they plan to resurrect Shenmue in the same AAA vein here.

I know some folks disagree with what can be done with Shenmue in regards to budget, but there isn't any evidence that 110i *cannot* give Shenmue the AAA treatment nor any evidence they are unwilling to.

It's hard to glean what constitutes a "AAA" budget for Shenmue.

What once was the most expensive game ever made doesn't hold the same weight these days, considering technological advances after all these years. It may not be the giant mega-millions you would think.

Point is--if the evidence is sound, somebody invested *something* substantial for someone like YsNet to have to expand.

As far as Sega goes, I wouldn't put it past them to collaborate in some way, based on the success of the anime, but I feel it's quite unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back