110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

I mean you say early 60's like thats young when gaming is an industry where more and more people are retiring or taking dramatically less hands on positions in their 50's. So many absolute legend directors hung up the director positions years ago like its been 8 years since shinji mikami stopped.
Im westerner countries yes, seniors are mistreated like that. That's not the case for Japan. Here is normal studying 2-4 years and go to a very experienced senior with less official formation and say "oh you're wrong. the books say..." In Japan this same senior will yell and the other person bent. Shinji Mikami retired mainly because RE fanbase is, in general, bananuts and (too) many of them even dangerous.

YS must be particularly energized by the VR/AR/esports dominance, because these are all areas where he was an early pioneer. He's not a game player, but he's very interest in game development. I think he could contribute a lot to any of these areas, and I'm sure he'd like to do his own research.

All jokes aside he might of also been offered an "advisor" role like trips has after all yu has remained in a sort of consultant/advisor to Sega and his brain on engines, mechanics, planning and development would really benefit an upcoming studio. This would provide yu an opportunity and a chance see how a modern studio approaches building a world and assembling the story they intend to tell. It would be a win win for both 110 and ysnet. They could even engage in crossovers of employees, 110 sends some of their staff to ysnet and ysnet sends some of their staff to 110.

Did anyone ever do a deep dive CSI over-analysis on that Yu "interview" 110 released a while back? I've been kinda busy and skimming everything lately, so apologies for probably overlooking a bunch of lovely posts.

Did anyone ever do a deep dive CSI over-analysis on that Yu "interview" 110 released a while back? I've been kinda busy and skimming everything lately, so apologies for probably overlooking a bunch of lovely posts.
You're ok. There has been a wide range of posts. you probably missed my ramblings, so good for you.

It looks like there are more interviews from the anime event coming, but we’ve been over the lack of updates related to that already. Guessing no game news will relate to that.
no clues as far as I could tell, other than the obvious question - why’d this company record half an hour of footage, which was still cut short, with yu suzuki to talk about game development? So far they’ve announced 2 action titles, both developed by Soleil, and Red Goes Faster. They also supposedly have up to 10 games in development.

Did you see this?

I think that's what mjqjazz was referring to about more interviews, but hey it's keeping yu suzuki and shenmue in the spotlight which is beyond fantastic. :) There might be little teases of what might come next on the anime front 🤞

Last edited:
Since Shenmue 4 was not teased at the end of the anime. It only makes since to announce it at a gaming event or some kinda pop culture event. We know that E3 is canceled so maybe a Sony presentation, TGS or Game Awards. It would be a bad idea to just phantom drop the release.

They had me so hyped 2/3 weeks ago with the cryptic tweets/likes and then the banana and apple, seriously I was the most hyped ive been since checking how much the kickstarter had raised on an hourly basis in 2015.
Now I remember how often we were burned all those years wanting S3. What will be will be.... They don't even need to announce S4 formally. Tweet a picture of some garlic, IV, tell us to keep friends close or something and I'll be suckered straight back on a first class ticket aboard the hype train.

Ya know what? I do like a banana and all the joy that one has in that moment and so does Ryo. I like caves, so does he. I think we need a cave of bananas when he gets back to that cave. Who needs mirrors when you got fuck tonnes of potassium?

The fact is we have a much more likely possibility of it now than we did before, especially with the anime.

If it has to resolve itself in anime form, I'll accept it if it's all that can be done. But I still hold hope he'll finish it in game form.

Nothing is off the table right now... not until it officially comes from yu's mouth. As long as there is silence (weird i know) there's a chance. 👍

This *could* be a classic case of misdirection, but we shall see. Some may call me too much of an optimist, but hear me out:

I have a hard time, with the CEO being a self admitted fan of the Shenmue series and Yu Suzuki, playing at the emotions of a fanbase of which he is a part of for his own personal gain.

Yes, most CEOs can be wily and snakes(virtually none get there by scrupulous means) but it seems a poor play.

It's easy to have no comment and deny Yu will be there. It takes the fire off you without having to issue any denials.

All of the information at hand points to Shenmue IV being a possibility again, but it's not something I feel would show up as a random day announcement.

It's going to be at an event, I stand by that and there are a few. Sony will have some kind of showcase, Summer Games Week, Gamescom and TGS.

I think that's what mjqjazz was referring to about more interviews, but hey it's keeping yu suzuki and shenmue in the spotlight which is beyond fantastic. :) There might be little teases of what might come next on the anime front 🤞

My bad, I thought he said "no" more interviews for some daft reason :ROFLMAO:
Moment of madness! o_O

This *could* be a classic case of misdirection, but we shall see. Some may call me too much of an optimist, but hear me out:

I have a hard time, with the CEO being a self admitted fan of the Shenmue series and Yu Suzuki, playing at the emotions of a fanbase of which he is a part of for his own personal gain.

Yes, most CEOs can be wily and snakes(virtually none get there by scrupulous means) but it seems a poor play.

It's easy to have no comment and deny Yu will be there. It takes the fire off you without having to issue any denials.

All of the information at hand points to Shenmue IV being a possibility again, but it's not something I feel would show up as a random day announcement.

It's going to be at an event, I stand by that and there are a few. Sony will have some kind of showcase, Summer Games Week, Gamescom and TGS.

I agree wholeheartedly this has misdirection written all over it. I expect Shenmue 4 to be announced this year. It's coming we just have to be patient. Cause if it turns out they were just blowing smoke then 110 and Yu gotta answer to that.

I agree wholeheartedly this has misdirection written all over it. I expect Shenmue 4 to be announced this year. It's coming we just have to be patient. Cause if it turns out they were just blowing smoke then 110 and Yu gotta answer to that.

If the reveal is done anywhere, it'll be at an event of some sort. I'm thinking either at the upcoming TGS or the Summer Games Fest. I definatily do think something big is going on with Shenmue, whether its Shenmue IV or something else, and I don't they'll tease us this long just to leave us empty handed, that would be quite cruel. Maybe that's just my optimism speaking.

Back