110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

I've said this in the staff chat I'm moving towards this being somewhere else.

Think about it for a moment. They were pitching Shenmue 4 this time last year so they've had a year maximum to do any sort of work, assuming it was that.

I don't think it would be ready to show off at that sort of event.
I think you're probably right.

But if a deal HAS been made and the game is in active development, it wouldn't be totally unrealistic to hope for a simple: hype video, S4 logo reveal and an announcement that it's coming type affair?

There's nothing saying the first announcement needs to show much at all. The fact that its been greenlit would be newsworthy enough imo

They barely interact with us anyway way before the "aggressively inquisitive tweets" started. It's a genuine question that not just myself wants to know but many people/fellow fans are interested to know. It's just a strange way to conduct yourself. They had an announcement lined almost 3 weeks ago = nothing. People are still pondering and asking about that initial tweet = nothing. I've simply asked why respond to other people when there is rumor that was/is strongly linked/connected back to your company and your retort is nothing. If it was any other company/studio whatever they would immediately squash the rumor before it gained any sort of traction across the net if there was no truth to it. That's all I'm saying. ๐Ÿ‘
But they're not exactly going to confirm it in a tweet.

I agree if there's nothing to it then quash it but they're hardly going to announce anything on a random reply to me, the dojo or anyone else.

But they're not exactly going to confirm it in a tweet.

I agree if there's nothing to it then quash it but they're hardly going to announce anything on a random reply to me, the dojo or anyone else.
We'll see.

When I tweeted them whenever it was originally, I didnโ€™t even expect a response. Their social media person was nice enough, or bored enough, to answer kind of in the affirmative. Anyway, itโ€™s best to remember this started out as nothing more than silly interactions with a social media account. I certainly am not part of a viral marketing strategy so I think theyโ€™ve said enough, and maybe we pushed them a little too hard.

I'm going to be honest and I don't mean to sound negative, it has been fun for sure, but I'm starting to lean towards 110 (whilst obviously working with YS in some capacity) currently having little to do with Shenmue IV, and I bet their "big announcement" has nothing to do with the series. I think we are really clutching at straws with each thing we read too much into. The media, which everyone has been moaning about, are probably more spot on with their "no concrete plans" for S4 spin than we are with "110 are secretly funding the project and an announcement is imminent" wishful thinking.

That doesn't mean I have counted Shenmue IV out or I don't think it will happen at some time, but 110 are looking more and more like anateur opportunists who found themselves getting some viral attention, so just ran with it for a while, to me.

I've got to say their other games, at least the first one they've shown a bit of, appeal quite a bit to me. I'll look forward to it regardless, I suppose. I need more AA-AAA Japanese action games. That absence of those types of games sort of killed a bit of my passion for gaming. Let's hope YS is part of that plan. I speak for myself, but I'll genuinely be happy no matter the title... if he's involved. As long as it's not some Battle Royale nonsense... Oh shit, Outriggers was ahead of its time.

In reality whoever was at the desk during that initial exchange should of thought carefully about their retort and not respond on social media because all did was lead fans to speculate it being shenmue related. They were never pushed to hard by fans they were willingly posting teases, liking everything related to the first rumor and following official accounts on twitter nobody forced them to do any of that. They did all of that on their own accord. Which leads into people wanting to ask them legitimate and genuine questions they should know this fanbase is super passionate about the series we're going to be curious and inquisitive when that same beloved IP is tied to a company.

But if they're releasing Shenmue, you'll find out. If they aren't, will you remember in a year? C'mon. It's not that serious. I say they know enough about Yu Suzuki and his passionate fans to see where things are headed, so stay positive.

Blow off some steam and play this new game by Shenmue 3's level designers -
:)

In my opinion is important to learn to wait, making questions for 110 Industries all the time on Twitter will not get the announcement to happen faster, and if the announcement is Shenmue IV 110 Industries will not announce the game this way answering questions on Twitter, in my opinion is important for the Shenmue community to know when to make a move and when to wait.

I agree with Down by Law, right now i'm positive as well that the Shenmue franchise will continue.

Dude I've been positive from the beginning. The thought of what it can possibly be is undoubtedly exciting and the idea of continuing the story is massively thrilling to long time fans who have longed to have that conclusion. It's the book we most want to close. It's always felt like unfinished business to most of us but if for any reason shenmue IV is not in development with them attached to the project, again like I stated nobody forced them to go and like the shenmue 4 posts, they freely did that. Nobody told them to follow the dojo or forever on twitter, they willingly did that. Nobody pushed them to post teases, they happily did that. Nobody on this site, twitter, Instagram whatever platform is most convenient for the user has been aggressive to them in any of the messages nor have barraged them but have only wanted to enquire about the news and bring own legitimate questions to them as they reply to anything else barring that particular topic/subject circulating on the net, I don't see anything wrong with that? If asking was to halt any individual or company from engaging with a fan no matter the answer they could potentially give whether big or small, fun or serious no matter who it is would have no fans left in the world. The majority of us only made our moves because they made the first moves. Shenmue is a big story always has been and whether good or bad always makes the headlines and when it does it hits multiple sites we've seen that many a time. Anyways let's leave it there and move on. The IP is indeed in a far better place than 10 year ago let's see what the future brings. it's long over due it's love. Whether in game or in anime i'm glad if not pleased it's finally getting that recognition and praise. ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŒ

Last edited:
Back