110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

The Shenmue Sega site is still down

The question would be why? Are they wanting to delve into the series again? Did they decide to resurrect the remakes in accordance with their new direction of remasters and remakes(I think I read that).

The question would be why? Are they wanting to delve into the series again? Did they decide to resurrect the remakes in accordance with their new direction of remasters and remakes(I think I read that).
Because it costs money to keep the site up and SEGA don't give a shit about Shenmue enough to keep it up. The rerelease has been out and about for nearly 4 years now.

I don't think we should expect any miracle from Sega-Sammy when it comes to Shenmue. I think they have made it clear long ago, that Shenmue is not a game that they will finance.

I'm prepared to wait till the end of the year. If there's no announcement till then... I think it's time for another kickstarter. :)

I think this whole 'surely Sega is coming in hot with the big helping hand'
thought is way more unrealistic than 110 Industries just doing Shenmue 4 with YS Net on their own.
I mean what is Sega supposed to be working on the website? A announcement for a Unreal Engine 5 Remake?
The biggest Shenmue 4 website ever created with 8K assets?
And for that they have to bring down the whole website for weeks?
If they are waiting for the announcement ... then why did they even bring down the whole website now?
If its a Shenmue 4 website, then why do they have to bring down the Shenmue 1 + 2 Remaster website?
Wouldnt they create a new link / name for that?

Their latest news on the website were re tweets from 2020. There was nothing going on for one and a half year.
There are zero 'insider leaks' about anything Shenmue related.
All of the latest Shenmue news, were about the 110 Industries posts. So those werent even leaks,
the 'press' just reacted after 110 Industries made these posts.
That makes sense because 110 Industries is so new and small, which means not many eyes on them.
But Sega coming out of nowhere with full Shenmue (4) support and nobody heard a single thing about that
this whole time? Seems very unrealistic.

Last edited:
I mean, I think the game they're promoting looks pretty cool. I'm interested regardless. But that's the only thing I expect to see.

There will be a Sony State of Play on June 2nd, 11PM British time. For 30 minutes.

A little short, and probably not many space for Shenmue in the middle of big PS games and PSVR games.

But let's see anyway...

So far 110 Industries was never featured in any Sony Playstation stream event, and not on the Playstation blog,
their trailers are also not featured / uploaded on Sony Playstations Youtube channel.
Its totally possible that a 110 Industries Shenmue 4 is never going to show up on any Playstation channel or show.
So looking at it from the side that 110 Industries and Sony dont have any kind of history together
(as far as we know right now),
i think its better to assume that nothing Shenmue related is gonna happen in that Playstation stream.

So far 110 Industries was never featured in any Sony Playstation stream event, and not on the Playstation blog,
their trailers are also not featured / uploaded on Sony Playstations Youtube channel.
Its totally possible that a 110 Industries Shenmue 4 is never going to show up on any Playstation channel or show.
So looking at it from the side that 110 Industries and Sony dont have any kind of history together
(as far as we know right now),
i think its better to assume that nothing Shenmue related is gonna happen in that Playstation stream.
im with you there

If Shenmue 4 is announced at the Sony event I'll literally get this picture of Mario Grianni tattooed on my left ass cheek.

bSeXcjO.png

Back