110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

What are your estimates for when we'll see the Shenmue announcement? (Please don't say couple of weeks. Thanks.)
None in my opinion, unfortunately I think it was just all a big tease, puff of smoke. The acclaim for the anime, probably meant that would have been the best place to announce it, with a teaser after the credits of the finale.

Love to be proven wrong, I really want Shenmue IV.

It's not like we're having much luck with any other publishers at this point so I don't see how waiting it out is any worse? :p

Haha it's the only option we have. But I just suspect in an industry where someone can barely even fart without it being leaked in some form, we would have something a little more concrete by now.

We'll see, but I am not expecting anything now. And that's not just me managing my expectations, I genuinely don't think 110 have anything to do with Shenmue.

It's not like we're having much luck with any other publishers at this point so I don't see how waiting it out is any worse? :p
I mean both sides have a point. If they're getting our hopes up for nothing then they might as well never started the rumor

I mean both sides have a point. If they're getting our hopes up for nothing then they might as well never started the rumor
they didn't exactly start a rumour, we did. they just didnt deny anything, which is smart while eyes were on them.
maybe they do have something up their sleeve but until we hear something concrete we should just keep our fingers crossed that someone is working on something.

at this point I'm over it. 110 is not announcing anything about Shenmue 4 and as it stands. we not getting an announcement this year at this point.

Just because they haven't announced anything yet doesn't mean they won't, or that they won't this year either.
I can understand people being upset but don't just assume nothings happening because you've got impatient.
I'm still optimistic that they've got something going on with Yu.

This is kind of hopeful. They outright denied the Devil's Third thing. And this. BUT NOT SHENMUE
Gotta love the way you shifted from cope to hope in a blink.

I betted (is this correct past form?) I mean put my real scarce money that Shenmue IV is just out of the oven, it will caught off guard everyone and its gonna make insta-classic because Yu has taken it personal and he's in a Burguess Meredith-like catharsys.

Imagine please, people, that you're Yu Suzuki. S3 became real and received mixed reviews. Wouldn't you be willing to "close everyone's mouth"? In my case, announcing first a fairly attractive but simpler game like Air Twister for trolling would be the first thing to do. And then when you less expected I throw the handgranade Shenmue IV. I respect other opinions but imo this is obvious its gonna happen.

Last edited:
The receptionist at 101 industries suggested to me Shenmue 4 will come very soon

etsuko2euj1e.png

My hope is either Shenmue 4 itself...or a Kickstarter for Shenmue 4. If not, I'm going to go crazy like Chris Farley did when he wasn't given real caffinated coffee.

Gotta love the way you shifted from cope to hope in a blink.

I betted (is this correct past form?) I mean put my real scarce money that Shenmue IV is just out of the oven, it will caught off guard everyone and its gonna make insta-classic because Yu has taken it personal and he's in a Burguess Meredith-like catharsys.

Imagine please, people, that you're Yu Suzuki. S3 became real and received mixed reviews. Wouldn't you be willing to "close everyone's mouth"? In my case, announcing first a fairly attractive but simpler game like Air Twister for trolling would be the first thing to do. And then when you less expected I throw the handgranade Shenmue IV. I respect other opinions but imo this is obvious its gonna happen.
I switch around a lot lol

That or he's just sick of Shenmue questions and wants to focus the attention on Air Twister.
It can be both as is not incompatible, he's known by being top secretive bout everything (take Air Twister as example) and at the same time he expressed sometimes the "weight" of both VF/Shenmue series, saying he desires to create different things, specially in fantasy themed games that is a genre he loves.
I hope they are both: something is moving for Shenmue IV so he can't talk at all + focusing on Air Twister.
You are quick

He just wants to focus on Air Twister right now, which is completely understandable. He doesn't want anything else taking the moment away from his new game.

Totally understandable. Moreover after reading his full response I don't even see a "reaaaaaally dont want to" but more precisely a simple and polite "please, lets stick to my new existing game" I mean, he doesn't sound pissed at all.

Kenji Eno used the business scheme "1-2 simple casual games - > 1 big title" at Warp Inc. and it perfomed very well until 3DO and ultimately SEGA demises. This could be an updated version, arcade games for financing more deep (and expensive) productions 🤔

Last edited:
Back