110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

They barely interact with us anyway before the "aggressively inquisitive tweets" started. It's a genuine question that not just myself wants to know but many people/fellow fans are interested to know. It's just a strange way to conduct yourself. They had an announcement lined almost 3 weeks ago = nothing. People are still pondering and asking about that initial tweet = nothing. I've simply asked why respond to other people when there is rumor that was/is strongly linked/connected back to your company and your retort is nothing. If it was any other company/studio whatever they would immediately squash the rumor before it gained any sort of traction across the net if there was no truth to it. That's all I'm saying. 👍
Totally agree

They tweeted something extremely cryptic and a lot of us decided it's to do w/ Shenmue IV. I'm not saying they're not playing us a little bit, but I also think again you're going a little hard on them about this stuff. I'm pretty thankful they shared that very long and interesting interview with Yu Suzuki, myself. They didn't have to do that.

They tweeted something extremely cryptic and a lot of us decided it's to do w/ Shenmue IV. I'm not saying they're not playing us a little bit, but I also think again you're going a little hard on them about this stuff. I'm pretty thankful they shared that very long and interesting interview with Yu Suzuki, myself. They didn't have to do that.
They had to know what was going to happen with all their tweets, Suzuki's video and "likes". If not, what are they playing? Wannabe Blue Box/ Abandoned 2.0?

They had to know what was going to happen with all their tweets, Suzuki's video and "likes". If not, what are they playing? Wannabe Blue Box/ Abandoned 2.0?
If I and that other guy hadn’t tweeted them then they probably would’ve never posted this stuff, so I guess in a way I’m partly to blame. Lol. That Yu Suzuki TGS thing was the only thing they’d ever released that suggested anything at all and we all kind of just moved on.

If this is not a Yu Suzuki project then i agree that 110 Industries behaviour is not nice, 110 Industries can end with the rumor anytime if that's the case, but if this is a Yu Suzuki project then all this teasing makes sense, and probably 110 Industries have a special day to make the announcement, it is important to wait as well.

Last edited:
Oh man, this is very promising news! A relief as well as we didn't hear what their 'big announcement' was. It's great the hype train has regained it's engine again but let's not to get too excited this time. Being on Yu Suzuki's birtday might just be a coincidence, Yu Suzuki might not even be bothered about that.

But the most promising thing about this is that it's at an actual gaming event. In the end, I did think it seemed too good to be true or far fetched for Shenmue IV to be revealed as a tweet on twitter. Again though, it may be something else that could lead to Shenmue 4 one day. Really glad there is still hope though and has made people hopeful and happy again.

I can not wait for that Summer event on 9th of June. Feels like it will be a good time instead of an disappointment. But we'll see, at least we have that to look forward too and 110 will reveal what ever game they are working on.

Last edited:
Okay please explain and elaborate how any of the fandom over any of the social platforms has been too hard or even harsh on them? Because all I see personally is them post about an upcoming announcement (and they know what they're doing at this stage) and us passing our comment and inquiring about the status of this supposed "big" reveal or questioning a rumour as anyone would when it comes to something you like/love.

Different story and I'll use it as an example here, a big santa monica studio project like god of war ragnarok, a game which is personally one of my most anticipated of the current year has only had 1 trailer drop but santa monica, the vo cast, the people behind the scenes still find the time to answer any queries posed by the public in the comment section. The point is if a considerably much larger studio can post updates, news and issue countless responses to probably almost the same question basically nearly everyday about something concrete without any feeling of hardship or worry then what stops/halts a far smaller studio with a smaller fanbase from just giving an update to fans they've purposely and deliberately hyped up with a rumour for something they might not even be working on?

Like what someone stated above their teases, nods and hints were extremely over the line and tongue in cheek retorts what did they expect us to think? They even liked some shenmue days tweets 2 days ago. They've repeatedly had chances to dismiss/debunk the rumors since april 7th and all I've seen is them continuing to ride the train now the 10th of June? Yeah the ceo's birthday I know that but yet again just recently posted a full length interview with shenmue's creator who also shares that same birthday and knowing full well what you've already done? the fan who asked them about their presence at this event is also hinting at shenmue because they've responded to that very same fan in the past about shenmue. I'm sorry but they did this to themselves you asked them a genuine question yourself and they decided to also play along with that. Again they should never responded nor post/tease about something that still means so much to some people out in the world.

This is not causing an argument or sparking debate btw this merely saying if people have questions or queries then they should go for it there's no harm in asking or if people want to wait then by all means do so...you're free to do as you want it's down to the individual what they want to do. Anyway let's just get back to speculating and theorising about June 10th I wonder if there'll be plenty of apples and bananas there? 😂

I still don't understand what was the teasing all about then.
Either they were lying, ( wich I think they weren't, like, why would they).
Or something happenned an d they had to change plans, because i don't see any of their tweets since then being related to the banana and apple tease.

It’s not being hard or harsh. It’s the “do this now or we’ll never believe you again” stuff. Just let things develop. They shouldn't be on "our schedule." The rumors were fan-generated and they started going along with things. They've already said they haven't announced whatever they were hinting at, and I really don't think we've been waiting all that long. I also think they should be allowed to promote their other three announced games, which haven't come out. They're not the Shenmue IV Company.

Maybe all the Tweets and excitement made them race to put together a deal, and they're working something out now? There's all sorts of things that could be happening behind the scenes, or not at all. I think there's enough evidence out there that Ys Net is possibly up to something.

Two wrongs don't make a right, though. Just because "they started it" doesn't make harassing them every day about it okay :p
They'll announce it when they announce it, there may have been some changes or other circumstances stopping them from revealing this "big announcement" that we don't know about.

I'm really not the type of person who gets excited.
I like to keep my feet on the ground and I try to not put too much weight on wishfull thinking but...

Maybe they delayed the announcement cause now, instead of a Shenmue 4 announcment
they will announce Shenmue 4, Shenmue 5 and 6 as well as the Shenmue Anime season 2 all in the same day.

just trying to stay sane and realistic here.

Any company that promises a "huge announcement" in a couple of weeks and then follows up with radio silence deserves the barrage of tweets and pestering they get. They did it to themselves. 110 Industries screwed 110 Industries.

Abuse, vitriol and aggressive behaviour of course is contemptible and not acceptable at all.

Back