110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Agreed, it's either him wanting to focus purely on the new release (either at Apple's or his own behest) or there's S4 stuff happening in the background and those invested have said no S4 discussions during these AT interviews.

It's like when people ask me about my first-born and ignore my second child. Yes, I love my first-born more, but it's little Sally's birthday today -- can we just focus on her for a bit?!

I mean, it's not like he HASN'T been talking about Shenmue lately. Between promoting the Anime in Japan and what not.

Oh dear, what an asshole for not wanting to talk about Shenmue when he is promoting something that isn't even related to Shenmue :eek::eek:

Honestly, his answer sounded very polite. But of course, crappy Videogame journalists gotta make something out of nothing.

I mean, it's not like he HASN'T been talking about Shenmue lately. Between promoting the Anime in Japan and what not.

Oh dear, what an asshole for not wanting to talk about Shenmue when he is promoting something that isn't even related to Shenmue :eek::eek:

Honestly, his answer sounded very polite. But of course, crappy Videogame journalists gotta make something out of nothing.
Yeah it does make sense

While it's impossible to deny that Suzuki-san could have said those exact words and in that manner, I'd love to hear what he actually said in Japanese as this wouldn't be the first time that I've heard an awful interpretation of what he's said. The transcription also makes him come off like a stand-offish American teenager, when he is nearly always polite.

Also, if you are doing press for a game why would you spend time talking about something else when you have nothing new to say about it? At this point anything new on Shenmue 4 would be announcement worthy, so why detract from the main topic of the interview when pushing this product is the main priority? It makes no sense.

While it's impossible to deny that Suzuki-san could have said those exact words and in that manner, I'd love to hear what he actually said in Japanese as this wouldn't be the first time that I've heard an awful interpretation of what he's said. The transcription also makes him come off like a stand-offish American teenager, when he is nearly always polite.

Also, if you are doing press for a game why would you spend time talking about something else when you have nothing new to say about it? At this point anything new on Shenmue 4 would be announcement worthy, so why detract from the main topic of the interview when pushing this product is the main priority? It makes no sense.

Probably because the journalist can claim a "scoop". Don't get me wrong, there are lots of good journalists out there, but too many of them are about themselves rather than the subject they are interviewing. So the interviewer in this case was probably pissed off because he couldn't get his "scoop", so deflects blame by saying Suzuki is a poor interview subject or something.

Probably because the journalist can claim a "scoop". Don't get me wrong, there are lots of good journalists out there, but too many of them are about themselves rather than the subject they are interviewing. So the interviewer in this case was probably pissed off because he couldn't get his "scoop", so deflects blame by saying Suzuki is a poor interview subject or something.
I bet you anything that even if he got the standard "I would like to make it..." response, he STILL wouldn't report on Air Twister and would just make another "SHENMUE 4 NOT IN DEVELOPEMENT" article instead.

Maybe they meant JuLY 10th?! (wishful thinking).

Now this is interesting...once again they didn't need to stoke the fires, but poke thy Shenmue fanbase they doth doeth again forsooth...and a pox on thy house if they mess with our feelings again!!

I wonder what the original tweet was...

1656442881987.png

It was their presidents trainers IIRC

2b6

110 Industries is a kid with a stick.
We a rotting corpse. Oh boy now Yu-san is gonna have another wave of Shenmue questions and get pissed or... He's un their side of the joke. This people are kamikaze PR. Damned Twitter. And "eventually" is worse than "in a couple of weeks". I remember my dad using it for going to Disneyland and he never brought me.

↑↑↑↑ 110 reels us in again just as we come off our cloud :ROFLMAO:

But man, I feel bad for Yu. He's much more than just Shenmue and he has a new game out yet interviewers are trying to bring everything back to the topic of Shenmue. It must get very tiring for the man.

Back