110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

lol, I like how they’re hyping it up, yet their tweet only has one like :(

We just have to be patient. We're still in Shenmue anime and Air Twister season. Let those run their course and then we can move on to Shenmue 4. I'm still looking at Tokyo Game Show for a potential reveal. Hell, even Gamescom might be one to keep an eye on

Kinda average for Game Rant, scrolling their feed.

A shame really as they are really proactive with positive Shenmue and Suzuki articles (they were one of the few sites to do a weekly review of the anime). I find a lot of their articles to be a pleasant read.

Kinda average for Game Rant, scrolling their feed.
think it’s funny that they’re hyping it up like it’s a huge feature/scandal/worthy of a hype generating lead 而in. Just stick to Air Twister.

From linked Gamerant article:
<<When pressed further, he agreed that it wasn't normal for a publisher to make comments about games that they weren't involved with before offering a "No comment" of sorts.>>

Sergei, prepare yourself to eat elbow blow.

think it’s funny that they’re hyping it up like it’s a huge feature/scandal/worthy of a hype generating lead 而in. Just stick to Air Twister.
I dunno. It's quite a divergence from the lines we got previously about Shenmue IV, and IMO Yu Suzuki's reaction actually says a lot, but I'd like to see the actual transcript when it drops before saying more.

To a general audience it means nothing. To us, it's something much meatier and the writer knows it.

I'm not just saying this for sympathy, but my son and I have been really sick with Covid, I feel like shit, so honestly if Shenmue 4 is announced soon it will absolutely make my week/month/year and really cheer me up. I'm just so drained and exhausted right now. So please 110 Industries, announce it soon :D

Don't underestimate the virus. If it doesn't go away in more than 2 weeks and you start having trouble breathing, go to the hospital. We need you here. :)

I think we need to calm down a bit and not expect an announcement soon.
Obviously something is happening, but there's a chance it's not Shenmue.

From Yu's words, I personally come to the conclusion, that even if there is something, it is in a very early stage of development.

Yeah, I agree.

Even if you backdate it to Yu Suzuki's TGS appearance, I would not expect the deal with 110 - if there is one - to be any older than a year. It's completely possible for Shenmue IV to have been bubbling away in prototype all this time, and looking at Air Twister's credits likely that YsNet does indeed have a second project with other staff, but if Shenmue IV has hit full production behind the scenes it'll have been as recently as Air Twister releasing as staff migrate from one project to another.

We just have to be patient. We're still in Shenmue anime and Air Twister season. Let those run their course and then we can move on to Shenmue 4. I'm still looking at Tokyo Game Show for a potential reveal. Hell, even Gamescom might be one to keep an eye on
Do you know something we don't? 👀

From linked Gamerant article:
<<When pressed further, he agreed that it wasn't normal for a publisher to make comments about games that they weren't involved with before offering a "No comment" of sorts.>>

Sergei, prepare yourself to eat elbow blow.
Wait does this mean Suzuki officially said 110 aren't involved with Shenmue 4? Before that quote he said he hadn't spoken to them about that tweet.

Wait does this mean Suzuki officially said 110 aren't involved with Shenmue 4? Before that quote he said he hadn't spoken to them about that tweet.

Yeah I don't know how to interpret Yu's comments.

Is he like "what the hell are those 110 fuckers up to? We're not working together or making Shenmue 4"?

Or is he like "what the hell are those 110 fuckers up to? We aren't ready to announce Shenmue 4 yet, we're still too early on in development"?

I’d like to think Yu was trying to be diplomatic about the situation. It sounds like 110 may have got slightly ahead of themselves once again. If there is something going on (and I really hope there is) then I think 110 Industries are understandably excited but maybe need to be a little bit more careful about what teases they release. YS Net and Apple absolutely won’t want any distractions from Air Twister at the moment and, after previous poor reaction to S3 preview content, I would hope they would want to present something in a more robust state when they make any announcement. Who knows what the situation is but, as wonderful as Air Twister is, it clearly didn’t occupy the entire (recently expanded) YS Net team so there must be something else they have been working on(?)

Back