110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

The absolute best way to announce Shenmue 4 is to have the game practically finished and produce an absolutely stunning trailer that announces the game around 4 months before release or something. It needs to be a "good" trailer. I have no ideas myself, but I feel the announcement trailer that close to release will ultimately decide the game's success.

The absolute best way to announce Shenmue 4 is to have the game practically finished and produce an absolutely stunning trailer that announces the game around 4 months before release or something. It needs to be a "good" trailer. I have no ideas myself, but I feel the announcement trailer that close to release will ultimately decide the game's success.
Shenmue 4 announced 6-4 months before release would be such an amazing surprise!

Yikes. Talk about a badly researched article.

Lol Mega Visions is shit. Their magazine was ok, but the website is always a day or two (or more) late with news and often gets its wires crossed when it does post stories.

I ask not out of laziness, but knowing someone remembers better than I: what did Yu say about his projects in 2022 onward? I recall an interview or two where he discusses his plans and goals.

I know he mentioned the desire to produce some mobile game-- perhaps Air Twister is what he had in mind? I ask because I forget if he said he was considering several small projects, or just one small one and a big one (or something else altogether). I know he could just be thinking out loud or throwing folks off-- so too, plans change-- but if he mentioned more than one small project, could 110 be involved in another small game? Doesn't seem up their publication alley, but it's possible.

Remember, 110 has announced other games, even an unannounced Bladerunner game is out there. Only two games are attached to a developer.

I ask not out of laziness, but knowing someone remembers better than I: what did Yu say about his projects in 2022 onward? I recall an interview or two where he discusses his plans and goals.

I know he mentioned the desire to produce some mobile game-- perhaps Air Twister is what he had in mind? I ask because I forget if he said he was considering several small projects, or just one small one and a big one (or something else altogether). I know he could just be thinking out loud or throwing folks off-- so too, plans change-- but if he mentioned more than one small project, could 110 be involved in another small game? Doesn't seem up their publication alley, but it's possible.

As far as the immediate future goes though, things might get a bit wacky over at his studio, Ys Net. He recently caught up with Famitsu to vaguely tease what’s coming in 2021, and his keywords were “shooting/RPG.” Okay…I can sort of follow that.

He then subsequently shared his ambitions for 2021, which are “reflect on head-to-head battles,” and the phrase “sequel.” So the sequel is probably Shenmue IV, but I wonder if the “shooting” portion is Suzuki getting bit by the battle royale bug.

I think we’ve got the shooting figured out now. What about the sequel and head to head battles?

110 Industries tweet and the response "eventually" is interesting, after i saw this i think something big about Shenmue is happening, why i say that? because 110 Industries can end with these rumors anytime, and this way end with the situation, but this is not happening, and as far as i know we still don't know what is the announcement about the banana and apple tweet.

A couple of weeks passed and we still don't know what this announcement is all about, right? in my opinion something is happening.

I think Shenmue IV will be announced this year, maybe at Gamescom, maybe at TGS, i don't know but after this "eventually" response things are getting really interesting.

YS NET even have an official YouTube channel now, 2 videos about Air Twister are in english, and the new version of the official website is really nice, also have an english version. To me this was big news, this showed to me that probably Yu Suzuki and the team felt that now is the time to publicize the studio in a better way, in a way that will attract more people about Air Twister and future projects of the studio.

Yu Suzuki said he still making games so everything that is happening is making sense to me.

Right now i'm optimistic about the future of YS NET and Shenmue, If Shenmue IV isn't announced this year i will start to get worried, but right now i'm optimistic

What if we got it wrong and the "eventually" refers to Shenmue 4 in the sense that the current project is a remake?

What if we got it wrong and the "eventually" refers to Shenmue 4 in the sense that the current project is a remake?

A remake of the first game? i don't see this happening now, probably the focus now is to continue Shenmue with Shenmue IV, and to end the story in the fourth game or fifth game.

Would be nice to see a remake of the first game, spin-offs and much more, but in my opinion would be better to focus on completing the Shenmue story.

A remake of the first game? i don't see this happening now, the focus is probably to continue Shenmue with Shenmue IV, and to end the story in the fourth game or fifth game.
I guess. I'm just trying to guess why they said that. I'm honestly more worried about Yu-san's comment talking about how he thinks it's weird that a company is talking about a game they're not developing.

I guess. I'm just trying to guess why they said that. I'm honestly more worried about Yu-san's comment talking about how he thinks it's weird that a company is talking about a game they're not developing.

Maybe there is a lack of communication between Yu-san and 110 Industries, as far as i know Yu-san is not active on social media.

Right now the mysterious remain about what is happening, but after all that I have hope that Shenmue IV will be announced this year.

This is all rather strange in my book.

If you're not working together then surely this would have been killed dead months back? It could also be non-Shenmue related I guess as well.

For a 4th game I don't mind (if it comes) how far away it is but it needs to have a top quality trailer to accompany it. Start off on the right foot and show it off in all it's glory and maintain a top standard all the way towards a release.

I still dont really understand some of the individual scenarios.
Like if we take this whole detective work part with the 110 Industries CEO being in Japan
and how they are probably already working together with Suzuki (i mean they clearly know him, why else
would they make this TGS interview clip and then even publish the longer version later?)
+ all of this Shenmue Twitter 'teasing' and please wait a couple of weeks stuff

but then suddenly Suzuki announces a completely different game that has nothing to do with 110 Industries
and also 110 Industries completely stops engaging with the community.
Then suddenly weeks later they are starting the fire again with some random Shenmue comment,
followed by another Suzuki interview (that again has nothing to do with 110 Industries)
where he basically says he has no idea what this eventually tweet means,
even commenting that Ys Net is not involved in any Shenmue project with 110 Industries.

But Suzuki knows that he made this video interview for 110 Industries ...
so is this whole thing a big Ys Net + 110 Industries secret and they are trolling us
or did Suzuki just agree to do that video interview because why the hell not
but there is no actual game project? Does he even know that the video interview was for 110 Industries?
Or are they in such early project stages,
that the 110 Industries CEO sometimes gets a little bit ahead of himself
which results in comments about things way too early?
How can they work together on something, yet it seems like they are kind of stopping each other on social media?
Its like they are almost about to announce a actual project, then suddenly nothing,
then teasing again, only to get a new comment that nothing is going on right now.
What kind of publisher, developer communication is that?

Like there are so many layers between what 110 Industries, Ys Net and people from outside of that said
and the different connections seem super random.
And still, we hear about actual project leaks all the time on the internet.
The internet was full of leaks around the usual E3 time frame with lots of the leaks being true.
Tons of leaked stuff for the Summer Games Fest, Sony State of Play, Nintendo Direct and other shows were real.

Yet there are absolutely zero insider leaks about any Shenmue related game project.
None of the Shenmue 4 rumors came from any leaks. We only have random tweets.
So i dont know what to think about that. Its all over the place.

Last edited:
This is what I think IS going on. Considering the amount of backlash of the ongoing development screenshots of III, I think Suzuki & co are keeping their cards close until they are ready to announce a release date with a reveal. I'm still confident about an announcement.

Yikes. Talk about a badly researched article.

These journalists are clowns. Look at them twisting the truth and straight up lying. Morals and ethics be damned. They'll do anything for clicks. Idiots

I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if these guys met YS a year ago, cut that video for some quick cred at TGS, and then nothing developed. Suddenly, YS is talking about Air Twister and some website tells him this company he met with, possibly pitched something to, have actually announced they’re releasing Shenmue 4. He’d probably be in a bit of shock, wouldn’t quite know what to say.

Back