110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Shenmue 3 is now with Prime Matter and not deep silver whats happening

Prime Matter is still a part of Koch Media and owned by them, basically the same as Deep Silver.
The difference is that from now on Deep Silver games (which is just the gaming department of Koch Media)
are supposed to be actual Deep Silver games, so made by Deep Silvers own studios under the direction of Deep Silver.
While Prime Matter is for all the projects that Koch Media wants to support
outside of that Deep Silver catalogue. Kingdom Come isnt a Deep Silver catalogue game
because even tho they are owned by Koch Media, they are allowed to do their own thing,
so its not directed by Deep Silver.

I guess they want it to make easier to understand which games are actually made (directed) by Koch Media
and which games are just published by Koch Media.

Last edited:
As of today, Koch Media is no more. Instead, the company will now go by a new moniker: Plaion. During this time (Embracer acquisition), it has also enjoyed smash hits like Metro Exodus, as well as further releases for popular properties like Saints Row, Wasteland and Shenmue, and formed a brand new publishing label Prime Matter. So why transition now (to Plaion)? Kundratitz said the timing is especially good as it comes just ahead of Gamescom, where Plaion will have a big presence and new announcements to cement the rebrand in people's minds.

New Koch label Prime Matter "won't shy away from risky or niche games"

The 2nd article is from last year, the 1st is from yesterday. Take that for what you will.

Okay I've been a bit out of this, the last thing I remember was a French guy (producer or something) saying "yea yea the game had good sales and i cant say anything about S4 but expect something hehe my lips are sealed hehe" and then we got the anime.

What happened since that? Where's that French guy? Why the hell dont we have no news about a S4? It will continue in the anime? Are we depending on DS? Sega still wont make ONE SINGLE move? What's the situation?

Okay I've been a bit out of this, the last thing I remember was a French guy (producer or something) saying "yea yea the game had good sales and i cant say anything about S4 but expect something hehe my lips are sealed hehe" and then we got the anime.

What happened since that? Where's that French guy? Why the hell dont we have no news about a S4? It will continue in the anime? Are we depending on DS? Sega still wont make ONE SINGLE move? What's the situation?

If you want real true facts news and announcements ...
then there are none.
We have no idea if the anime is going to continue.
We have no idea if there is a actual Shenmue 4 published by 110 Industries or what their deal is.
We have no idea if Deep Silver / Prime Matter is still on board and secretly ordered Shenmue 4 at YS Net.
We have no idea if Sega is interested in any of this.

Its all just random Twitter, interview, announcement stuff
that you can interpret in basically any way you want.
The only time where it looked like we are about to hear something real,
was when 110 Industries was on the teasing trip on Twitter.
But so far thats it, nothing happened. No leaks, no news, no behind the scenes evidence.

Some of the stuff could lead to something but they also could be nothing at all.

Yeah it's all just noise at the moment, but at least theres some noise and not just harsh silence I guess.

TGS is next month. I think if Shenmue 4 is going to be announced, it'll be there

We just gotta play the waiting game again. A game by now we are all very good at.

The 2nd article is from last year, the 1st is from yesterday. Take that for what you will.
Interesting that Shenmue got a name check in the article, though there are no games mentioned in the press release Plaion put out for their rebranding.

Yeah it's all just noise at the moment, but at least theres some noise and not just harsh silence I guess.

TGS is next month. I think if Shenmue 4 is going to be announced, it'll be there

We just gotta play the waiting game again. A game by now we are all very good at.
That 110 industries stuff is considered noise? Sounds more like deadly silence to me.

I dont wanna ruin the party, I'm just a bit scared. I mean, no insider? No rumours? There's always something... I think even in the worst days of Shenmue online and so on, there were a lot of rumours, right? Thats whats scares me, I need some random dude telling me is in development, even if it's not, Idk, SOMETHING? The only thing we had its that 110 ind. thing that they dismissed and Yu saying "boy, dont ask me for S4". Idk, this dont seem good at all imo.

Back