110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

True. But to say the odds are none that we'll see yu at an event is a little drastic unless you know what his studio is up too don't you think? I mean like you said to me they're not going to confirm or deny anything of that sort in a tweet. Oh well...tgs it is. 💪
I'm pretty convinced they're working with YSNET.

My issue is more on what.

Saying what they've said is them managing expectations, likely from a position of knowledge.

Secretly I'm glad.... James and I need a rest from all the content, just for a month or so haha.

I'm pretty convinced they're working with YSNET.

My issue is more on what.

Saying what they've said is them managing expectations, likely from a position of knowledge.

Secretly I'm glad.... James and I need a rest from all the content, just for a month or so haha.
It's more or less gauranteed that they are in cahoots with yu and their studios are in a partnership on a project, if they are good for them they can both benefit massively but this announcement can't come soon enough lol, the only reasons I can think of a delay are:

1. They've moved it to an exstablished event like people here have already pointed out, that way they'll gain more exposure.

2. They jumped the gun too quickly and yu & co were not ready for them to reveal anything just yet.

3. They might possibly still be trying to finalize some sort of deal so they can make good on the initial tease.

I honestly think we all need a break after this scenario. Unless you guys need more banana, apple and schoolboy milk fuel to see this thing through to the end 😂

Last edited:
It's more or less gauranteed that they are in cahoots with yu and their studios are in a partnership on a project, if they are good for them they can both benefit massively but this announcement can't come soon enough lol, the only reasons I can think of a delay are:

1. They've moved it to an exstablished event like people here have already pointed out, that way they'll gain more exposure.

2. They jumped the gun too quickly and yu & co were not ready for them to reveal anything just yet.

3. They might possibly still be trying to finalize some sort of deal so they can make good on the initial tease.

I honestly think we all need a break after this scenario. Unless you guys need more banana, apple and schoolboy milk fuel to see this thing through to the end 😂

Haha, no just a small break after the intensity of the Anime. We will still be putting bits and pieces out but nowhere near as much, not for a while.

We were going to stream Summer Games Fest anyway to rant about all games being the same 🤣

Haha, no just a small break after the intensity of the Anime. We will still be putting bits and pieces out but nowhere near as much, not for a while.

We were going to stream Summer Games Fest anyway to rant about all games being the same 🤣
Think you guys have earned it, especially with the amount of content you make and create, everyone needs an off season. We still be doing our part with the monthly campaigns in the meantime and keeping our eyes on any possible developments. Sounds about right I think everyone does that when it comes to the game shows 😂

You're just being ignorant. I don't care if you're considered "staff" the guy is hardly right of center if at all. You saying that you wouldn't play the next Shenmue game if he funded it is just brainwashed ridiculousness.

DiKl_3iW4AESBAq

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm convinced they have nothing to do with Shenmue IV and were just enjoying the attention and getting their name out there to promote Wanted: Dead.
If that is the case why bother with the tweets and making that interview with Yu Suzuki !?
Even if they made a deal with Ys Net and it turns out be another project besides Shenmue 4 I believe they will be criticised either way. My personal opinion is that Yu Suzuki would be criticised to embark on another project and 110 industries for teasing us with something else that has nothing to do with Shenmue; because they know perfectly well that that is the only game we want.

Last edited:
If that is the case why bother with the tweets and making that interview with Yu Suzuki !?
Even if they made a deal with Ys Net and it turns out be another project besides Shenmue 4 I believe they will be criticised either way. My personal opinion is that Yu Suzuki would be criticised to embark on another project and 110 industries for teasing us with something else that has nothing to do with Shenmue; because they must perfectly well that that is the only game we want.
New IP.
Some people will be mad. But most will be happy for another Yu Suzuki game.

They already got tons of publicity by teasing Shenmue 4, a few angry fans on Twitter wouldn't bother them too much.

Reminder that they DID like a tweet suggesting the Yu Suzuki game is a new IP.

Okay, so it won't be for Summer games fest.

Either before, so the S4 reveal won't be mixed within many other game news, or on June 10th, with a 110 broadcast about all their games... 🤔

See. This for me is good news.

Again they've been very VERY fast in saying "this is NOT the big announcement" and now very fast to say "there is NO chance you're going to see Yu Suzuki with us at this event"

But they still haven't killed all those rumors about working with Yu Suzuki and they haven't killed the rumors of it being Shenmue 4. It's proof that they can and that they are willing to not let any rumors take too much space usually. But here, they still don't take the time to stop the rumors from spreading.

New IP.

They already got tons of publicity by teasing Shenmue 4, a few angry fans on Twitter wouldn't bother them too much.

If that is the case it will become more dificult for us to ever see the end of Shenmue in video game format because Yu Suzuki isn't getting any younger and he particularly vowed that he would never give up trying to make Shenmue 4 a reality.

Even if they made a deal with Ys Net and it turns out be another project besides Shenmue 4 I believe they will be criticised either way. My personal opinion is that Yu Suzuki would be criticised to embark on another project and 110 industries for teasing us with something else that has nothing to do with Shenmue; because they know perfectly well that that is the only game we want.

Oh I'm sure they have some sort of working relationship with Yu Suzuki. What that means and whether anything comes to fruition we will have to wait and see. I just have my doubts that Shenmue IV is what they are cooking up.

I doubt they will get much criticism if nothing Shenmue related happens. Sure, they will get it from some fans, but the media will probably ignore that backlash.

If that is the case it will become more dificult for us to ever see the end of Shenmue in video game format because Yu Suzuki isn't getting any younger and he particularly vowed that he would never give up trying to make Shenmue 4 a reality.

I still think the man is capable of working on multiple projects at one go. He's only in his early 60's and he's not showing any signs of slowing down, he always appears full of energy and passionate in interviews, for one thing.

New IP.

I agree. Also people read WAY too much into the 'likes', they obviously just 'like' absolutely anything positive.

Personally, I'm no longer expecting a Shenmue 4 announcement any time soon.

I'll be more excited towards the end of the summer and end of the year as I still do think it's coming.

For now, though, I think I'll drastically reduce my expectations for the next few months.

Personally, I'm no longer expecting a Shenmue 4 announcement any time soon.

I'll be more excited towards the end of the summer and end of the year as I still do think it's coming.

For now, though, I think I'll drastically reduce my expectations for the next few months.
I also believe something is coming but what I'm not sure...but I agree i think we are all better off just reducing our expectations and carry the old attitude we use to have about 3 "I'll believe it when I see it."

They did obviously get SM fanbase attention with their marketing strategy that never said: IT'S NOT SM4!

Hope we'll know sooner than later, the wait is killing us.

I still think the man is capable of working on multiple projects at one go. He's only in his early 60's and he's not showing any signs of slowing down, he always appears full of energy and passionate in interviews, for one thing.
I mean you say early 60's like thats young when gaming is an industry where more and more people are retiring or taking dramatically less hands on positions in their 50's. So many absolute legend directors hung up the director positions years ago like its been 8 years since shinji mikami stopped.

I dont think this industry will ever be like movies with the aueteur older directors like your scorseses or lynchs cause development is just that much more complicated and stressful.

Back