110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

I still find it odd that the Shenmue Sega site is still offline....almost as if they're relaunching it

Only time will tell. We have some new announcements from Sega this year. The 110 rumors, and an expected Yu Suzuki announcement at some point.

It's going to be an interesting 6 months. That much is for sure.
We were talking about this yesterday and I'd love it if they re-did the site and combined it with the games and Anime. Merch, soundtracks, games, Blu-Ray etc the lot.

It would make a lot of sense.

Director of DOA and Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2, also somewhat of a friend or acquaintance of Yu Suzuki's, I believe. I forget how DOA came about but I know the engine was either based on or heavily influenced by VF. The folks making Wanted: Dead, at least some of them, would have worked for him. They worked on Devil's Third, which I guess was really bad (though I've heard the multiplayer was actually great)...

What yu suzuki and Itagaki have in common is that they both want to make their games, but no one gives them money. :) When they leave Sega-Sammy and Tecmo respectively, they come across very bad publishers. :)

I can't help but wonder what Historia is working on these days:

Business content
・ Development of interactive content such as games for home video game consoles / arcades / PCs
・ Implementation of game rules
Expansion of game engine ・
Implementation of UI
・ Providing ideas for game planning
・ Formulation of specifications

Required skills
・ C ++ programming experience
・ Knowledge of object-oriented programming
・ Practical experience at a game company

Desirable experience
・ Direction and lead experience in game development ・
Development experience for home video game console titles
・ Development experience using Unreal Engine 3 / Unreal Engine 4
・ Knowledge about networks

I'm sure Moby is missing a good portion of their 3rd party work, but interesting to me nonetheless... considering the proximity to the new Ys Net office. As far as I can tell they're mere blocks apart... in a very dense city. "Expansion of game engine" popped out to me.

Figured I'd throw a very dry bone to start the week right.

@Spaghetti shared this a while back -
Seems to share vibes w/ a certain series we like/

Last edited:
Someone who speaks Japanese, submit a resume to the private company. Let's find out which pachinko manufacturer they are.

Not at all related to Shenmue IV or any new announcements, but thought I'd drop a plug in here for Wednesday's extra special stream. I've caught a peek at something that'll feature and it's 100% worth tuning in for.

Yep, I can concur with Spags!
Absolutely put some time aside to tune in on Wednesday, peeps!

Screenshot_20220517-124702_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, you can laugh ! 😉

Let's see...
April 11th, 15th, 19th, 20th (well...), 25th, 29th (that's better...)

May 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 12th-13th.

So my bet is the thread is gonna relaunch today with 110i's new tweet, or tomorrow at the latest 😊

Let's hope it's black garlic...

Not at all related to Shenmue IV or any new announcements, but thought I'd drop a plug in here for Wednesday's extra special stream. I've caught a peek at something that'll feature and it's 100% worth tuning in for.

Bet it starts with an S and ends with an a
S _ _ _ _ _ _ 2 _ _ _ a

5 hours until greatness

I can't help but wonder what Historia is working on these days:

I'm sure Moby is missing a good portion of their 3rd party work, but interesting to me nonetheless... considering the proximity to the new Ys Net office. As far as I can tell they're mere blocks apart... in a very dense city. "Expansion of game engine" popped out to me.

Figured I'd throw a very dry bone to start the week right.

@Spaghetti shared this a while back -
Seems to share vibes w/ a certain series we like/
They are a support studio that specializes in Unreal Engine, they probably have their hands in many projects from multiple publishers.

Based on that I wouldn't say that many, but certainly no evidence it's Shenmue-related. Just something to put out there as we consider our fourth week of badgering/forgetting 110 Industries. Market of Light at least shows what UE5 can do for a more exploration-heavy game like Shenmue. At this point I don't have anything 2 provide; the 110 Industries tweets were our last hope and we probably won't get more 'til TGS 2022.

TGS - Thu, Sep 15, 2022 – Sun, Sep 18, 2022

:sick:

Last edited:
Back