110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Yeah, we only just asked a page or two back that people keep it civil in here. If it carries on we'll be issuing warnings and temporarily locking the thread.

Honestly I didn't like his attitude with "lol fanboyism at its finest" and the "please stop lol" later, that's low level trolling and it's out of place in a respectful discussion.
Normally when you're not sure about what someone has written, you can simply ask "what do you mean?", it's not that hard.
Also running away when you don't like the answers "is way uncool".
I always seen Bruce as a nice guy here so I was surprised as well, but you never truly know people, especially on internet.

I didn't run away the convo was going in a direction I didn't want it to go. It started turning into a pissing match of Sega vs Nintendo. The whole purpose of bringing up Nintendo was to see them work together on first party IPs. I bowed out gracefully because I don't want to have a keyboard war or disrespect anyone or Sega. No hard feelings I still think you are a great person hopefully you can see me as that as well.

The lack of news about Shenmue IV is to blame for the tensions here. :)

The only way Sammy-Sega can fund Shenmue 4 is to stop being Sammy-Sega for а change. I think that nobody wants to buy them or merge with them.... Nintendo, Microsoft, anyone. They are doing fine right now and are not for sale.

It is known that they have 3 studios right now. (in house) One that make Sonic (Sonic Frontiers), one that make Phantasy Star Online 2 and the last one is the Yakuza studio. All others are acquired studios that are doing their own games or making QA, localization and so on. At least from what I know, unfortunately there's no way any SEGA-Sammy studio can help with Shenmue 4.

All hopes are with YSNet...110 industries or some other miracle. :) If there's no TGS news, I think it's high time for a new Kickstarter. Even without physical rewards.

I didn't run away the convo was going in a direction I didn't want it to go. It started turning into a pissing match of Sega vs Nintendo. The whole purpose of bringing up Nintendo was to see them work together on first party IPs. I bowed out gracefully because I don't want to have a keyboard war or disrespect anyone or Sega. No hard feelings I still think you are a great person hopefully you can see me as that as well.

the problem is, by trying to going away with the "please stop lol" from a topic you started (no problem here, the sega-nintendo discussions are always interesting) you actually disrespected me and our discussion, even if your intention was to avoid to disrespect anyone. Calling me fanboy didn't helped either.
I still don't know what was the problem, you posted a list, I answer with a list (for the record I posted it to try to fight the misinformations that surrounds Sega, that is usually seen as a Sonic/Yakuza-only company even in the current generation).
No hard feeling too don't worry, but I still was disappointed with the outcome.

The lack of news about Shenmue IV is to blame for the tensions here. :)

The only way Sammy-Sega can fund Shenmue 4 is to stop being Sammy-Sega for а change. I think that nobody wants to buy them or merge with them.... Nintendo, Microsoft, anyone. They are doing fine right now and are not for sale.

It is known that they have 3 studios right now. (in house) One that make Sonic (Sonic Frontiers), one that make Phantasy Star Online 2 and the last one is the Yakuza studio. All others are acquired studios that are doing their own games or making QA, localization and so on. At least from what I know, unfortunately there's no way any SEGA-Sammy studio can help with Shenmue 4.

All hopes are with YSNet...110 industries or some other miracle. :) If there's no TGS news, I think it's high time for a new Kickstarter. Even without physical rewards.
I think this is a key thing everyone forgets too...I don't know exactly what SEGA staffing looks like from the Dreamcast era compared to now, but they've got to be much smaller. It's not like they have the entire teams of AM2, Amusement Vision, Smilebit, Sonic Team, SEGA WOW, and Hitmaker just sitting twiddling their thumbs, waiting for the baton to be passed so each team can get a chance to make a new game. Those teams are all gone, save for AM2 and Sonic Team, and the rest are reorganized into generic teams with names like "Consumer Amusement #4", which don't even get a logo to put on their game. Then you have RGG, which has obviously taken the mantle as the premiere studio, and the western teams which kind of do their own thing. SEGA just doesn't have the resources or manpower to play the "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks" game that they got to/were forced to play during the Dreamcast days.

Do I wish SEGA would utilize their older IP more and in better and smarter ways? Absolutely. Are they in a much better creative position now compared to late Xbox/PS2/GameCube and early 360/PS3/Wii? That's barely even a question. It's a fact.

We've been stuck here so long that sometimes I forget we even have other threads
FVorjpqWUAYXfiR.jpg

Back