110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Thats all I personally ever wanted. The one thing the Shenmue community knows how to do is wait.
I will wait this year for an announcement; but if that doesn't happen I will start to worry about it ever happening again.
It would be more than fair for us to get an announcement even like it was mentioned; just a simple tweet or a simple message saying that Shenmue 4 is in development; I don't even need to see footage or a trailer; just something that will take way this uncertainty that as cursed us long enough.

"Sega is in much better shape than Nintendo without its own console." This fanboying at it finest. Actually Sega is the the one with 1-2 games each generation Sonic and Yakuza.

Nintendo

Mario
Mario Kart
Mario Sport spinoffs
Super Smash Bros
Zelda
Metroid
Pokemon( I know its not first party but its exclusive.
Fire Emblem
Kirby
Luigi Mansion
Splatoon
Bayonetta(not first party but exclusive)
Animal Crossing

May I have a Sega list and please no games where they lent out the IP. Games developed in house please.
Mario sports games are always outsourced
Smash is co developed with Bandai Namco
Metroid dread was outsourced to Mercury steam and Prime 4 is being done by Retro
Pokemon is obvoiusly not made in house because TPC is not Nintendo.
BAYONETTA IS OWNED BY SEGA.

If you count these games while excluding outsourced SEGA games you aren't being fair.

I will wait this year for an announcement; but if that doesn't happen I will start to worry about it ever happening again.
It would be more than fair for us to get an announcement even like it was mentioned; just a simple tweet or a simple message saying that Shenmue 4 is in development; I don't even need to see footage or a trailer; just something that will take way this uncertainty that as cursed us long enough.

I feel the same way about this, just a simple tweet of Yu Suzuki saying Shenmue IV is in development would be ok to me.

At this point i just need to know if Shenmue IV is in development or not, but if Shenmue IV is in development YS NET probably wants to announce the game with an amazing trailer, an amazing trailer that will make people surprised and looking forward to play, and i'm optimistic that this announcement will happen this year, like 110 Industries said "Eventually" so probably something is happening.

I feel the same way about worrying if the announcement will happen or not, a lot of people had to wait 18 years for Shenmue III, and after Shenmue III and the anime we don't know how the future of Shenmue will be, the future of Shenmue is unknown right now, so i understand the anxiety that some people are feeling about this, some days i feel this way.

I think that for Shenmue IV YS NET will make a similar decision that we saw with Air Twister, maybe YS NET will only announce Shenmue IV when the game is almost ready.

I feel the same way about this, just a simple tweet of Yu Suzuki saying Shenmue IV is in development would be ok to me.

At this point i just need to know if Shenmue IV is in development or not, but if Shenmue IV is in development YS NET probably wants to announce the game with an amazing trailer, an amazing trailer that will make people surprised and looking forward to play, and i'm optimistic that this announcement will happen this year, like 110 Industries said "Eventually" so probably something is happening.

I feel the same way about worrying if the announcement will happen or not, a lot of people had to wait 18 years for Shenmue III, and after Shenmue III and the anime we don't know how the future of Shenmue will be, the future of Shenmue is unknown right now, so i understand the anxiety that some people are feeling about this, some days i feel this way.

I think that for Shenmue IV YS NET will make a similar decision that we saw with Air Twister, maybe YS NET will only announce Shenmue IV when the game is almost ready.

We already had to wait 15 years just give us a little head nod so we can move on and stop doing Simpson memes😅🤣😂

I know its been stated that YSNET didn't have the money for Sega assets in Shenmue 3 but come on Sega there gotta be a deal that can be struck. Sega assets would've made Shenmue 3 better and that much more special. Sega let's finish Shenmue the right way.

Last edited:
What if Xbox bought Sega out? Microsoft has plenty of money and they might even keep D3T also. Yakuza and Sonic could also give Xbox a boost. Maybe Phil Spencer would be more willing to support Shenmue 4 with the right budget after the minor success of Shenmue 3 and very good success of Shenmue anime.

I would hate that. Microsoft's support of Japanese games has been piss poor in the last decade and although it's been an improvement, it's damning it with faint praise.

Microsoft did a great job with japanese titles during with the Original Xbox and the first part of Xbox 360 era.
But starting with the second half of 360, and especially during Xbox One, they did an awful job for both japanese and western, and now they can't handle properly even Halo...

any team under MS is a really bad idea.

Has this not been announced yet? My first kid hadn't even been born when Shenmue 3 was announced. I now have two kids and at this rate they will have gone to college and moved out of home by the time Shenmue 4 is announced.

If you can't finish the Shenmue story, your kids will.....possibly even your grandkids lol

When your kids turn 21 you sit them down and tell them the prophecy.

"From a distant land in the east, from across the sea, he shall appear.
He does not know of the strength hidden within him.
The strength that would destroy him.
The strength that would fulfill his wishes.

When he is ready, he shall seek me out.
And we will brave together, the rocky path.

I shall wait.
This encounter has been my destiny since ancient times.

A dragon shall emerge from the Earth, and dark clouds shall obscure the heavens.
A phoenix shall descend from above. Its' wings shall create a purple wind.
In the midst of the pitch-black night, a morning star shall glisten... alone..."

After reciting the prophecy you hand them a PS Dual Shick controller and your final words are, "Forgive me... for leaving you alone... Your friends... Keep friends... those you love... close to you..."🤣🤣😂

What if Xbox bought Sega out? Microsoft has plenty of money and they might even keep D3T also. Yakuza and Sonic could also give Xbox a boost. Maybe Phil Spencer would be more willing to support Shenmue 4 with the right budget after the minor success of Shenmue 3 and very good success of Shenmue anime.

I think we'd actually see less of these franchises if Microsoft bought Sega.

Back