2021 New Releases: What Are You Excited For?

This looks really solid! I'll be checking it out. The first Life is Strange was unique and interesting but a bit too slow paced and wasn't overwhelmingly 'must play', so I never finished it. The second one I skipped over as the preview didn't grab me, but this one here looks really good. It looks as if they've mastered the style of message and story telling they tried with the original game. Does anyone know if this will be connected to the first two? Or if you'll need to complete them to understand this one? If it's stand alone I'm in.
In general it seems to be a new independent story. There might be some references to the previous games but I think knowledge of the old games is not necessary to enjoy the story.

One character seen in the trailer steph the girl which the hat) was a supporting character in LIS before the Storm for example.

Balan Wonderworld (yes, we exist. there are dozens of us!), R-Type Final 2, Samurai Warriors 5, Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires, and Yakuza 6 for PC. And, of course, Y6 and Balan are literally coming out one day apart while R-Type is only one month later. My poor wallet. 😭

Also interested in Nier remake and SMT 3 HD, but I'll be waiting for a good sale on those. Crossing my fingers for a PC port of Sakura Wars to be announced this year as well. 🤓

Whoa, a new Life is Strange game? I didnt know about it. It should be release in gamepass right? Doesnt Microsoft owns Dontnod studios? I really like the first one. Bought but never played BS, and wasnt interested in LiS2 and Tell me why.

I dont know, I think LiS was a "lottery win game". They just nailed it with that one and that's it, just take the money and leave. I'm not sure if that formula would work again. It didnt with the rest of the games they made.

Whoa, a new Life is Strange game? I didnt know about it. It should be release in gamepass right? Doesnt Microsoft owns Dontnod studios? I really like the first one. Bought but never played BS, and wasnt interested in LiS2 and Tell me why.

I dont know, I think LiS was a "lottery win game". They just nailed it with that one and that's it, just take the money and leave. I'm not sure if that formula would work again. It didnt with the rest of the games they made.
I agree. The first one was interesting but ran out of gas early on. The other games like LiS 2 and Tell Me Why don't look bad, but they do look like games that are specifically made for Game Pass (in other words not very good, which is why they're free with a cheap subscription service). Xbox has a lot of catching up to do with their Game Pass in order to compete with the quality of games on PS Now. Adding Bethesda and EA Play was a good move, but overall Game Pass needs more solid titles to make it worth the coin. I'm hoping the new Life is Strange will be on GP, would be a lot nicer than paying $60 USD.

A new Life is Strange entry, huh? Well, I was a huge fan of the original game and enjoyed Before the Storm a lot but I found the demo for LiS 2 absolutely dull and it ultimately kept me from buying the game.

This one looks a lot more interesting than LiS 2 at least . I'll keep an eye out for this one and could see myself getting this for 20 or 30 bucks.

Also, any news on if it'll be on Xbox Series? I'd rather pre-order it there than on PS5, nothing showing in the XB store as of now.
Yes, it's been announced for all consoles aside from the Nintendo Switch. Did like the first games and Before the Storm but the second felt like a giant waste of time. This was mainly due to the characters being so annoying. I kept trying to get the little brother killed but knew it wouldn't happen until the end of the game.

I agree. The first one was interesting but ran out of gas early on. The other games like LiS 2 and Tell Me Why don't look bad, but they do look like games that are specifically made for Game Pass (in other words not very good, which is why they're free with a cheap subscription service). Xbox has a lot of catching up to do with their Game Pass in order to compete with the quality of games on PS Now. Adding Bethesda and EA Play was a good move, but overall Game Pass needs more solid titles to make it worth the coin. I'm hoping the new Life is Strange will be on GP, would be a lot nicer than paying $60 USD.
Well, gamepass its very strong right now. EA play was a great move, I really wanted to try Anthem. Bethesda with their new upcoming games too. Nier automata it's one of the greatest game of the gen and Octopath traveller it's a diamond. I play Forza Motorsport 7 while I listen to videos or music. And dont forget the Yakuza series too and the new game of Square Enix that will be since day 1 and seems pretty good.

I bought a 3 months suscription till 20th April but I'm gonna suscribe a couple of months more, at least 1, because of those games.

Back