Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Hey guys,

Please use this topic to report any bugs.

George may or may not get to them but has said he would like to know about them :)

Current bugs found:

*Ristar achievement sometimes doesn't go away. - To get rid of it, just get another achievement from one of the other lucky hit boards next to it. Or any of the other achievements.

*Buy 14 items doesn't always signal the achievement as complete, even when it has. The only downside is you don't get to hear a jingle for getting all 14 and the graphic may not appear for getting the 14. The total is still accurate for both the achievement and the total 208, which is most important. I would have hated to see people with 207/208 at the top after completing everything.

One positive is the odd halo around 4 characters goes away after a while. It was a mask to prevent snow on them, but just made a weird look instead. For some reason it just goes away and they look normal again.

Nothing reported as far as game breaking or preventing all achievements, so I feel pretty good so far.

- In Nagai Industries, you can clip in the wall on the left of the stairs (near the boxes with a bucket on top), also you need to crouch or jump to climb the stairs here.

- Speaking of crouching, if you look up you see Ryo, also you can have a glimpse of his hands when moving while crouched.

- I was unable to press "ESC" to access the main menu after exiting the golf game (via selecting EXIT on the bottom left after I found the figurine).

Thanks, Indask. Really appreciate the help.

Also you need to crouch or jump to climb the stairs here. - So, the Ryo model is actually smaller indoors than outside in Shenmue 1, but to program it to switch models back and forth was going to take too long so I left it that people would sometimes need to duck.

- Speaking of crouching, if you look up you see Ryo, also you can have a glimpse of his hands when moving while crouched. - Had no choice on this one. I know what you mean though.

The exit golf menu bug is so frustrating to hear, but so glad you found it. Thanks!
I think I just didn't figure people would quit very often since it only takes 5 minutes to finish the course.

I was playing version 1.01 of the game, in this segment of the opening scene, the Kanji on Iwao's close is mirrored.

Please ignore if it has already been fixed in the later versions.

1703379742865.png

Last edited:
I have finished the main quest, but now I have what I think might be a bug, I'll add the details in a spoiler tag because it is post ending :

- I have the Saturn at home on the TV, in my inventory I have both the fake "The Sega Saturn" and real "Sega Saturn", when I click on the TV, the tutorial text states that I "do not have the Saturn yet", using a Saturn game from the inventory works, the game appears on the TV.

- I can't enter Honda store (the door with "Use Honda") Ryo says "I need to go the the Tomato Convenience Store to get the Saturn"

- Entering and leaving "Nagai Industries" Ryo says "That's 25 Santa Chans, time to get my Saturn"

- When I enter the Tomato Convenience Store I get teleported to home (there is no sega saturn in the Tomato Convenience Store), Ryo says "Time to go home and play my Saturn".

- At home I can't leave Ryo says "I need to show Fuku San my Saturn", Fuku san does not react he says "You're home" and just moves around.

- Going to bed is the only way to leave, but everything repeats if I try to enter the Tomato Convenience Store.

- Happens in 1.01 and 1.05, I did not create a new save file from 1.01 to 1.05.

Link to my save file folder, you can reproduce with SAVE 4, I saved nearby "Honda" :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/clw7ub870d3nc9c/Dreams_of_Saturn.zip/file

EDIT : I also found a way inside the Tomato Concenience Store by crouching and jumping through the window right next to Santa, so I can access the location without triggering the door.

I have finished the main quest, but now I have what I think might be a bug, I'll add the details in a spoiler tag because it is post ending :
You don't know how big of a relief this is. You are the first to finish it that I know of, so now I know the game can be beaten.
Going to send you a private message in a minute with questions.

I had the game end with the final cutscene and decided last minute to make it so people could keep playing. I knew a few minor bugs would be there as you replay, but didn't want to stop people from playing.

I didn't think people would go back to the shops after beating the game, so I didn't check them.

I won the pool tournament and found the Asia Travel Co Santachan. But now that the guy is no longer blocking the door inside Nagai Industries I don't fit in the doorway.
Video attached.

Attachments

• Dreams Of Saturn 1.1 2023.12.26 - 15.33.27.02.DVR.rar
    17 MB · Views: 2
I won the pool tournament and found the Asia Travel Co Santachan. But now that the guy is no longer blocking the door inside Nagai Industries I don't fit in the doorway.
Video attached.
You got the 1.1 that was taken down minutes after release. 1.1 was then uploaded again a few hours later.

Download 1.1 again but save it outside the building first.

You got the 1.1 that was taken down minutes after release. 1.1 was then uploaded again a few hours later.

Download 1.1 again but save it outside the building first.
Thanks.
I had both versions of 1.1 and the issue was in both.
But I resolved it by loading into 1.01 again. Then once I got the santachan I went outside and saved. Now I'm continuing on the later 1.1 again since 1.6 isn't recommended for old saves.

Thanks.
I had both versions of 1.1 and the issue was in both.
But I resolved it by loading into 1.01 again. Then once I got the santachan I went outside and saved. Now I'm continuing on the later 1.1 again since 1.6 isn't recommended for old saves.
Let's just call this an intentional puzzle by me.

Hello,

I have a bug report which makes the game nearly unplayable.
Everytime I load the game, the camera zooms a little bit more in.

Versions: Played first V. 1.0 then 1.7 and finally 1.8.
Progress: Found the first 15 objects

Is there any key combination with which I can zoom out?
If not, it is not a big deal for me. I'll start over with 1.9 which will soon be released.

Thank you very much.

Hello,

I have a bug report which makes the game nearly unplayable.
Everytime I load the game, the camera zooms a little bit more in.

Versions: Played first V. 1.0 then 1.7 and finally 1.8.
Progress: Found the first 15 objects

Is there any key combination with which I can zoom out?
If not, it is not a big deal for me. I'll start over with 1.9 which will soon be released.

Thank you very much.
This was fixed in 1.8, I believe, and it was done without an announcement.
Anyone who downloaded it in the first hour of it being posted most likely got the same bug, because we uploaded it again soon after launch.

I was testing a zoom feature on the mouse wheel but it assigned differently on my mouse than other mouses.
Unless I have an option for people to map their own mouses, I can't include it.

The bug is that your right mouse button is trying to act as a wheel and when it's clicked it shoots into the closest zoom and can't go back.

Just try to avoid clicking the right button or wait for the update.

The good thing about the game is it's mostly based on knowing where things are so you can go back through quickly.
I think there's a good chance 1.7 saves will work on 1.9.

I was playing version 1.01 of the game, in this segment of the opening scene, the Kanji on Iwao's close is mirrored.

Please ignore if it has already been fixed in the later versions.

View attachment 19195
Forgot to reply to this with more info.

This is the case for Iwao and a few others. Honey and... someone else.

We had to do it because of glitchy models in transporting them to Unity. There were holes in the models that we had to hide.
You can still see some on a few characters.

Just the nature of trying to use old models in new software, combined with our still learning development tricks.

Back