Adult Swim Broadcast Ratings

The final ratings report is here!

Episode 13 ratings:

Show Ranking - #13 in key demographic for Apr 30th
Total viewers - 261,000 (-17,000 from last week)

18-49 demo: 0.13 (+0.01)
12-34 demo: 0.17 (+0.03)
25-54 demo: 0.12
50+ demo: 0.08

There was a small drop off in total viewers from last week, but the show still beat season averages and ticked upward in the more important 18-49 demo, so a good result for the finale. Attack on Titan's season finale viewership dropped down to 198k (0.10 in 18-49) and Assassination Classroom followed with 190k (0.09 in 18-49).

Final Season Averages:
Weekly Average Total Viewership: 240,385 (+1,718)
Weekly Average rating in 18-49 demo: 0.11 (no change)

Here's the full comparison of how Shenmue stacked up against the other Adult Swim/Crunchyroll collaborations, Fena: Pirate Princess and Blade Runner: Black Lotus. Shenmue finishes the second highest rated of those 3 shows for cable broadcast viewing.
Shenmue-Fena-BladeRunner Ratings Comparison.png

Last thing in case you missed it: Jason DeMarco confirmed Shenmue the Animation is considered as a success from the Warner Media/Adult Swim side of the partnership with Crunchyroll, and he wants to make season 2.

We've got to continue doing what we can and let the Crunchyroll people know the demand is there a second season. Keep spreading the positive word of mouth for the show and encourage people to check it out on Crunchyroll. Also watch out for Shenmue to show up on HBO Max at some point.

I hope I've been able to help the community understand how the show did these past few months with the ratings reports. I know there's a lot of jargon that goes into reading these, so I appreciate everyone who took the time to understand the data.

Not ratings per se, but I was watching Crunchyroll last night and noticed Shenmue has made it to the Most Popular scroller on the front page.

View attachment 15298
I kind of dont think this is much given the 3 shows left of it are pretty unpopular series from this season with low ratings and the two to the right of it is a season 1 of a show from a year ago and a moderately watched comedy series from last season. Most popular on Crunchyroll almost always is just whatever was airing that season.

Back