Advice for Selling Gaming Equipment

Favourite title
Shenmue IIx
Currently playing
Sonic Colo(u)rs: Ultimate
I didn't find any thread on this, so I apologize if I searched poorly: does anyone have any advice for selling consoles and games? (I'm in the US).

To keep it brief: My mom died recently, and I'm helping my dad get rid of a lot of stuff. Though I still have a fondness for my time with games growing up, I'm largely beyond it as a frequent hobby (Shenmue and Sonic aside). Moreover, I plan to emigrate soon, so I really just want to kill that deadweight and help those who desire the collection obtain titles. Vs. it being some sort of response to loss, I've meant to do this anyway.
If it speaks to the Dojo sense (and the impact of these games on my life, I've bought a PS4 as a DVD player, and both plan to buy digital retro games and keep the Shenmue games (and a few others) as a memento as dear as love letters.

I have a working Genesis/Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Xbox, and Xbox 360 with a decent collection (50+ for all, and only a few Genesis games are missing their cases). Is it better to sell in bulk, rather than gamble online with individuals? Are their particular websites or companies you consider? I'd appreciate any advice or shared experience, thanks!

(To mods: Though this gaming related in a sense, I hope this is rightly grouped. Move, and, if I missed one, merge as you will.)

Is it better to sell in bulk, rather than gamble online with individuals? Are their particular websites or companies you consider?

if i was you, i would probably do a mix.. sell all higher/mid priced games separately then make a bundle of the lower end games and sell with each console?

just make good use of completed listings on ebay to work out your prices and use a ebay/paypal calculator website to get an idea of your true profit.

i dont know any good forum classifieds in the us but i use a few in the uk and they are pretty good way to sell stuff for free... also double check with a mod but i think your ok to sell here on the dojo ( ive seen people try to sell their shenmue game collections in the past)

Back