An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe announcement of a new DLC? Boat chapter, for example. It could be released on the same day with Shenmue III on GOG/ Steam release.
Unless VO was recorded for it nearly two years ago or they paid to take all of the actors back into the studio (both of which seem very unlikely), I’d be very surprised if we see more DLC.

I would totally take the cut boat chapter.

I mean they could have said no deliberately to me but I've been told there was no DLC planned after the Big Merry Cruise and that was fairly recently.

Also given the perceived (as we don't have numbers) poor sales, is Shenmue 4 under the bracket of an expected announcement? Not adding and fuel to the fire here but it's a thought.

Last edited:
Gamescom here we come!

Never thought id be doing this again but......
5ngzZog.jpg

All aboard. This train is moving once again.

Sharens will require extra security checks

Remember Shenmue? It's back...in Pog form !

DpE8-mBVsAAxnbv.jpg

Trying to keep expectations in check I just think it's too early for a Shenmue 4 announcement so that worries me a bit. I think it's more likely to be a novelization or something based on the 'kinda unexpected' part of that tweet and that would really make me sad - I just can't grind my moves on a novel. I suppose I could read the same page twice. :giggle:

Mind you Sega and Koch Media are confirmed for Gamescom opening night but that tweet says 'in the next few weeks' surely it would read 'in the next few days' if that was the case?

Last edited:
Trying to keep expectations in check I just think it's too early for a Shenmue 4 announcement so that worries me a bit. I think it's more likely to be a novelization or something and that would really make me sad - I just can't grind my moves on a novel. I suppose I could read the same page twice. :giggle:

Well if they did announce a novel or manga you'd think that'd be a terrible marketing choice to reveal before the steam and gog release of shenmue 3 because they would lose out on a lot of sales knowing that there will be no shenmue 4 in a game format.

Remember Shenmue? It's back...in Pog form !

DpE8-mBVsAAxnbv.jpg

Trying to keep expectations in check I just think it's too early for a Shenmue 4 announcement so that worries me a bit. I think it's more likely to be a novelization or something and that would really make me sad - I just can't grind my moves on a novel. I suppose I could read the same page twice. :giggle:

Mind you Sega and Koch Media are confirmed for Gamescom opening night but that tweet says 'in the next few weeks' surely it would read 'in the next few days' if that was the case?
I dunno this is a tricky spot.

Say it is Shenmue 4. Does that give impetus to the Steam release of 3?

If it's a novel (as @RetroLord120 said above) then it kills any potential sales of that game.

Remember the Shenmue 1 and 2 coming to Switch rumour last year that was a dead cert??? It could be something of nothing but damn it's nice to have some hype around here!

Shenmue 4 being announced early is the scenario that makes the most sense for YsNdt at its current capacity. They cant keep the lights on by doing nothing. And they cant afford to be working on external projects.

Recently Dragon's Dogma (Capcom) and Castlevania (Konami) got animated Netflix series so...maybe something like that?

It would bring huge exposure to the series and with the right production values could be special indeed. No doubt Sega would take most of the money but maybe YsNet would get paid on character / story credits which in turn could help fund sequels?

but then you run the risk of alienating players who play only for story and if that's been told in another medium it's redundant?

It's good to wildly speculate again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back