An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it turns out to be an anime I'd be very happy with that as I enjoy anime also, and it could work well with Shenmue. It would be really interesting to see a retelling, this could be a good way to catch new people up on the series (and get them interested in a potential Shenmue IV? ;)) and a great fanservice for existing fans. It would also have the potential to include extra side stories. The Phoenix Wright anime did this by following the games stories, but also a couple of episodes here and there with new stories.

I'm feeling really hyped for Saturday!! :oops:

Announcement: S4 story abandoned. Shenmue to continue as a dating sim on pc only.

Ya know I could get behind that. Fuck Shenmue IV if I can fuck Shenhua, Nozomi, Xiyuing and Ren.

Due to the all recent information from Dusk Golem I can only imagine that it's gonna be Shenmue anime series. And maybe they even reveal in this anime famous Boat Chapter / Ryo vs Chai. Maybe...What else can it be? Shenmue board game LOL!?

You guys are really good detectives, especially you @mjqjazzbar. However, you've missed one crucial element to this entire equation ;)
The staff're in on it! If this is some weird three-pronged announcement, I'll have a good chuckle.

Regarding the potential anime, if Suzuki is involved with it, I'll probably watch it. If he isn't, I likely won't. It's probably that simple, for me, but some 'moderately well known' studio having enough interest in the IP to get a large portion of the way into development/production is probably good news, regardless of whether or not I like it.

We need to buy Cedric a gift or something.

That guy has done so much for us.

Up until I read this I was under the impression Cedric was most likely not in any way connected to this. Especially going by his tweet to Golem apologising in advance if he’s in charge or part of the marketing team. This makes me think he’s not that informed.

But reading this and your next post makes it seem like you’re in the know, so... unless you’re just playing with us that is.

Who did the animation in Sonic Mania? That stuff was super high quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back