An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who remembers running home from school to watch Pokemon, Dragonball Z, Gundam Wing and Tenchi Muyo?

The good ol days.
In England, for me it was all about Pokémon, The Simpsons, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Robot Wars. I'm not sure if it's sad that 20 years later, I still watch the same things 😅

If I remember correctly, this would be Friday evenings. I would get home from school, have dinner, watch Tenchi Muyo at 4:30, DBZ at 5:00 and Gundam Wing at 5:30 on Cartoon Network. Then Simpsons would be on at 6:00 followed by Robot Wars on BBC2. I remember Buffy having that 6pm time slot on BBC2 as well once Sky One were done showing the new episodes.

Back in those days, I never realised how loved the early Toonami days were on Cartoon Network. It was only when I started using the internet regularly that I realised how popular these shows were. Also, back then, Cartoon Network wasn't a channel locked behind a paywall. It was probably the popularity of Toonami that pushed them to do it. I was from a poor family, so I ended up missing a chunk of DBZ episodes when they first aired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back