An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's not Shenmue IV, it's Shenmue 0: a prequel where Ryo fights with thugs after school, and sparr with Iwao at the weekends, at a time where he's still trying to master the art of carrot eating.

Whilst I’m sure for us fans it’s a case of ‘the sooner the better’, I think for the good of the game it might actually be a case of the opposite. Aside from the game being good, I think a big announcement followed by a quick release will be better for sales. I’m genuinely still hoping for the announcement to be a launch trailer one month before release, but maybe Deep Silver, Yu and everybody else involved will be keen to bring an end to the continuous questions from fans about the future of the series.
Totally agree with this. While obviously I'd personally like to have S4 be announced ASAP, I think that the smartest way to announce it is with a quick launch turnaround. If they were to drop a highly polished, awesome looking trailer with mass appeal and a release date that's months away, that could really help build hype for people who weren't necessarily interested in the series. Of course, there's always the possibility of announcing it via another crowdfunding campaign but I think that would be a bad idea.

I don't think for a split second it will be Shenmue IV. But the "story" context is interesting. If I had to make a guess I think it will be some sort of Shenmue VR content that will give us more story.

So many fans were disappointed in the combat in Shenmue 3 and as we all know Yu Suzuki was the mastermind behind Virtua Fighter.

It would be a real left field turn, but I wouldn't mind a brand new pure fighting game based on the Shenmue franchise developed by Yu Suzuki. It could be 2D or 3D, I really wouldn't care, but I could imagine it being really fun, even if it were a budget title.

Fighter's Megamix 2 would be a godsend at this point. The Shenmue characters NEED to brawl against the Yakuza roster for fanboy supremacy! Since Shenmue 2 I've always pondered what Ren's moveset would be like as he would be my main if they ever made a Fighting Game like that.

That said, I do think that whatever this "fun" story announcement is, has something to do directly with Sega. Any Sega involvement with Shenmue at this point is a great reason to be hype

DLC would be good too and fits with "fun" .... but if it's just more mini game DLC I will be upset.

If it's DLC that adds Baisha village and retcons the ending of Shenmue 3 then I will be a happy camper.

VR would fit Shenmue well I think.. imagine reaching your hand out to pick things up and actually performing the martial arts moves during training/fighting.

My worry about Fighters Megamix 2 is they'd chase the Smash Bros. phenomenon and just release a super-simplistic fighting game instead of a true Fighters Megamix. They don't really have an A-team for fighting games anymore, so I'm imagining something like Sumo, the guys who did the Sonic racing games, getting it as a 3rd party project and just making something totally different... But if it has all my favorite characters, eh, I'd buy it. Sonic Transformed Racing is a really fun game...

That's one of my favourite fanart, well if we can get an anime like this fanart of like virtua fighter anime, then I'm on board :D

They can even give more attention to other characters, add more to the stories of this characters, characters like Goro, Tom, Mark, Shiling, Iwao, and many others, Deepen their stories, do things that was cut in the games like the boat chapter, they could do so much with a anime and manga. . Maybe this will not happen but at least i can imagine this.

Would be really awesome to see an anime/manga adaptation of Shenmue I till Shenmue III, and this can help to promote the games, specially Shenmue IV, i have hope that someday we will get Shenmue IV.

About the announcement i even don't know what to think anymore, all i know is that i want to see what this is right now. :LOL:

my main concern is about the "fun kinda' unexpected"
fun could mean something silly?

I mean ... it could basically mean anything. Fun for who?
Like does he mean that just he thinks its fun or does he think people will think its fun?
Who will think its fun, everyone, just hardcore fans?
In what kind of tone would he say this "fun kinda unexpected" line in real life?
Fun kinda unexpected like well its nothing big but its nice if you are a Shenmue fan i guess
or fun kinda unexpected like wow, not going to say too much because i dont want to ruin it
but people will be really surprised. (in a positive way)
What does kinda unexpected mean, unexpected in what context?
I dont know, its not enough to make any real assumptions with this.

I was almost certain that it was going to be a Shenmue 1 & 2 announcement happening at today's Direct, but with that out of the window... 4? I'm almost willing to believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back