An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, I don’t know if this has been said already, but what if the Shenmue announcement is related to the Netflix “High Scores”? Maybe an entire episode based on Shenmue

it was confirmed to be bigger than a documentary

I believe he donated at the highest tier, $10,000.00

@Peter I think most of the community would love to know how the scripts vary from the final version of the game and what character omissions/inclusions and other tidbits you learnt from this, if you can share.
Right, of course. I kind of regret not really looking at that tier, at the time, but I meant more like photocopies of the pages, or something. I want so badly to peer into those pages.

Edit: Looking back at the description for that tier, it looks like there were three backers, and each one was supposed to get the original scripts from Shenmue 1 and 2. That sort of implies the first two chapters, which Peter had in that tweet. Were there multiple copies of the scripts lying around at Sega?

Last edited:
The Virtua Fighter Anime is on Amazon Prime right now I just watched it a few months ago and it does have a lot of Shenmue vibes, but Shenmue did start off as a virtua fighter RPG before becoming its own thing.

The average price of animation production is around 15 million yen per episode.A season of 12 episodes will cost about $1.8 million in total.That's a lot of money, unless they plan to end the story in a few episodes, one in Yokosuka, one in Hong Kong, one in Guilin.If they do like that I strongly suspect it will degrade the quality of the story.

The average price of animation production is around 15 million yen per episode.A season of 12 episodes will cost about $1.8 million in total.That's a lot of money, unless they plan to end the story in a few episodes, one in Yokosuka, one in Hong Kong, one in Guilin.If they do like that I strongly suspect it will degrade the quality of the story.
I’d be very surprised if they spend anywhere near that amount on the project and suspect that we’ll end up with a lower quality product rather than a shorter runtime.

I really enjoyed the second season of Castlevania tbh, even if it does have faults they turned CV's messy lore and world into something unique for a broad audience.

Between this or Kengan Ashura 3D dolls animation, I'd have 0 doubts.

Just post-edit all references to VF and make Akira look like Ryo (he already does anyway!) and no one will know the difference.

I have strong doubts anything Shenmue-related is occurring here, but here's the info on the Adult Swim panel with the "big announcement. I just don't see something Shenmue-related being of interest to Crunchyroll or Adult Swim fans unless they got some big studio anime fans love to handle producing it...

Crunchyroll Virtual Industry Panel
Sat, Sep 5, 2020 • 12:00 PM - 12:45 PM
Hear about all the latest and greatest anime and manga coming out of Crunchyroll, straight from the source. Including a big announcement from Crunchyroll and Adult Swim! Featuring: Adam Sheehan,

Otherwise, click Saturday on the left and you'll see it all. If I understand correctly, the Adult Swim panel will take place at 3PM EST/8PM GMT.

Last edited:
So basically tomorrow I'm going to be refreshing this thread every 30 seconds for potentially up to 24 hours until someone finds and posts the news. It's going to be a long day.

I assume though that if Cedric and Yu are involved, we will get a KS update just to inform backers about the new project. If it's something led by Sega instead (although that doesn't mean they can't be partnering with Yu as well, perhaps) then I assume it will be announced via them instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back