An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember guys Cedric also has the astroboy reboot they're working on, he could be tuning in for that as well. I hope there is shenmue there however lol

Shibuya also have Cobra reboot in the works.
And if I remember correctly, the teaser trailer was revealed years ago on crunchyroll.

I can't wait to find out Cedric posted that because he's been lurking this thread and wanted to mess with us all..

I've got low expectations but I'm eager to find out exactly what this is.

I've got low expectations but I'm eager to find out exactly what this is.

I’m cautiously optimistic but even so, I’m not entirely convinced it’s an anime. I mean, it may very well be, but I’m not taking it as a given until they announce whatever it is.

I know what it is. It's a small cardboard box decorated with Tom Hotdogs' face on it. Sold world wide for roughly 25 USD. You have to fold it by yourself.
It's porpouse is to store collected leaves that you've catched between your fingers so that you can learn about patience in life. When you've filled the box with leaves you can feel good about your self. Sitt down, and just watch that box with Tom's face on it on it.
And smile.

Oh, and it's not made for hotdogs. That's just the Shenmue related part.

Enjoy.

Like I've said, Dusk Golem is legit.

As for the announcement, I'm indifferent. it's cool that it's (seemingly) not advancing the plot farther than S3, but at the same time, I wonder if pooling resources in an Anime is wise when the series future is in jeopardy... Hopefully S4 funding is secured some way or another

Interesting! Seeing as it's only through some of Hong Kong, I'll probably save it for a rainy weekend in unless it adds some extra story content.

That said, if it manages to get more people into the series (and, more pragmatically, fuels S4 interest), you've got no complaints from me. I'll be interested to see if they use game music.

As for the announcement, I'm indifferent. it's cool that it's (seemingly) not advancing the plot farther than S3, but at the same time, I wonder if pooling resources in an Anime is wise when the series future is in jeopardy... Hopefully S4 funding is secured some way or another

This is exactly me. I feel like announcing this first is very risky to say the least.

I think if it's part of any streaming or cable service you subscribe to, it's worth a watch even if you're not totally pumped about it. Every bit of data regarding engagement, viewership, etc is counted by the suits.

However, as I mentioned in the announcement topic I don't think we'll be getting this if Shenmue IV wasn't a possibility (I won't go as far to say a guarantee). I'm sure the budgets are counted separately between Shenmue IV and this new anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back