Anata no Warehouse arcade in Kawasaki closing in November

RyoHazuki84

俺が益荒男
Favourite title
Shenmue
In case you probably haven’t heard, Anata no Warehouse in Kawasaki, just south of Tokyo and north of Yokohama, is closing next month to reasons they haven’t disclosed. This is the arcade that is largely inspired by Kowloon, where Ryo visits in disc 3 of Shenmue II. I live in Yokohama and I do a bulk of my work in Kawasaki, and it’s northern neighbor in Tokyo, the Kamata area, which is actually not too far from where Sega used to be located. But because of my work, I do get chances to stop by this arcade on a regular basis (three times a month) and I enjoy coming here to play some games to kill the time.

Considering the recent rising of the sales tax from 8% to 10% earlier this month, many people speculate that to be the cause. the Warehouse chain is still largely going to be active in Saitama, which is north of Tokyo, but is way too far from where I live and work. If you plan on visiting Japan in the next three or four weeks, better come here now.

Been there in 2017, one of the highlights of my Japan trip. Sad to hear it's closing, it's really an amazing place.

Well that sucks. I wanted to visit this place but I won't be able to visit Japan until next year. I guess I'll just have to be content with pictures just like the real KWC.

Such sad news, but makes me even more humble and thankful that I actually got to visit it whilst in Japan for the Kickstarter Dinner.

What a day.

I was with @AXM and @Adam0, as well as George and Joe Kitchen, spending the day visiting Dobuita for the first time. We worked out that on the way back, we could get off the train at Kawasaki, and visit the Warehouse. In true Shenmue style, going from Dobuita, all the way to Kowloon. Actually makes me a bit sad.

Come to think of it, I have all of my old photos. I should add a gallery to the Dojos media section. I will post a link once they are on there.

Thank you. I’ll post my pictures of my last visit there. Unfortunately, I won’t find the time to go to Kawasaki again until shortly before it closes

Back